PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kellen Winslow's first Q&A: sounds like a Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Winslow: Similarities to Hernandez - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
You mentioned similarities to Aaron Hernandez in your game, what would be some examples?
“You just have to watch tape, but yeah, there’s some similarities there. He’s probably one of the most versatile tight ends in the game, if not the most. He goes all around the field. He can play any position. He’s very versatile in what he does and he’s smart. He’s a very good player.”

How much do you pride yourself on being a versatile tight end?
“I do. But it’s going to take me a while to catch up to where he’s at.”

At this point in your career, is there anything you need to prove to yourself or others?
“I think every day, you have to prove yourself. With what happened in Seattle, I can’t say much about what happened. It is what it is and I have to move on.”

There were reports about the health of your right knee. Do you feel good about where you are?
“There is a question every year. The thing I concentrate on is not missing games, because then there is nothing held against me.”

How does that work – people say the knee is a major mess but you never miss any games. How do those two things tie together?
“I would say will, man. Overcome. This is my dream to play. Like is said, if I was missing games every year or something like that, it would be true.”

Do you play in a lot of pain?
“Yeah, but it doesn’t matter.”

Do you feel like you have something to prove to all the doubters that say you can’t stay healthy?
“Yeah.”

What was Schiano's beef with this guy and why he warned Belichick agianst him? He just answered this Q&A as if he's been a Patriot for several years. Unless the Patriots have some crash-course brainwashing session on how to deal with the media, I'm already impressed with him.

re: Kellen Winslow's first Q&A: sounds like a Patriot

It definitely has a sprinkling of, "Look how tough I am," though. It's patriot-esque in that he didn't openly spout any bravado, but there's definitely a hint of self absorption there... but I'm reading WAY between the lines, haha.

What was Schiano's beef with this guy and why he warned Belichick agianst him? He just answered this Q&A as if he's been a Patriot for several years. Unless the Patriots have some crash-course brainwashing session on how to deal with the media, I'm already impressed with him.

Good interview. To answer your question, his beef with Winslow was that Winslow said that there weren't enough "smiles" around the locker room during TC. Well, of course not, Kellen. The team was a trainwreck last year and Schiano was brought in to right the ship.

I had forgotten about Wilfork and KW2 being teammates in college.

Hopefully this helps the transition at least on learning "the Patriot way"

warning- Herald link!

(BTW, after YEARS of never visiting the Herald because of Tomase, their coverage in my book has gotten to be worth following, but I understand anyone not wanting to give them a click)

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: The Blitz» Blog Archive » Vince Wilfork happy to welcome another former Miami Hurricane teammate

Last edited:

Maybe it's just me, but linking the thread about the in stadium WiFi and Kraft's hints about future innovative applications of the technology, I for one would not be at all surprised that BB is running some proprietary brain wave mind control protocol on the players in stadium. Winslow, Brady's comments on Welker, the list goes on. Probably Moss' wackjob press conference was the impetus. I suggest that some networking engineers bring a spectrum analyzer to the next game and look for signals well above the 2.4 GHz range. Let me know what you find via PM so as to not get Ian in trouble.

Last edited:

Reports were that he thought Schiano was too strict (paraphrasing).

Admittedly, he does seem like kind of a douche based on all this follow up from the final play of the Giants game. Seems like it was a problem with two douches colliding. Too much douchitude in one place at one time. Kellen had to vacate.

Last edited:

BB probably has the red mind cleansing thingy from Men in Black :p

Maybe it's just me, but linking the thread about the in stadium WiFi and Kraft's hints about future innovative applications of the technology, I for one would not be at all surprised that BB is running some proprietary brain wave mind control protocol on the players in stadium. Winslow, Brady's comments on Welker, the list goes on. Probably Moss' wackjob press conference was the impetus. I suggest that some networking engineers bring a spectrum analyzer to the next game and look for signals well above the 2.4 GHz range. Let me know what you find via PM so as to not get Ian in trouble.

ESPN and that crackpot Easteregg have darkly hinted at this being the biggest conspiracy in sports history. They believe BB illegally used mind control technology to convince Peyton Manning that Ty Law was actually a Colt WR and to make Billy Cundiff think the goal posts were further to his left. (Unfortunately, that last feature was accidentally left on during the 4th quarter last Sunday).

Last edited:

You'all buying that? i have Brooklyn Bridge to sell you's.;) KW2 is very good player but he the kinda guy you like until he opens his mouth. He has done well on the field its off it where he hurts his person. KW2 is not on the streets because he cannot play it's because Teams don't want to put up with his primadona attitude. KW2 is jack of trades but because of his mouth he's master of none. First round skills but Seventh round character.

Looks like Winslow is being a good soldier:D

Fat Albert and Ocho sounded like Patriots in their first Q&A

I'm not expecting much from this guy.

I was reading the Q&A on Reiss an thought this was pretty funny:

When you saw how they used tight ends here last year, what did you think?
“It’s how tight ends should be used. They do a good job, a real good job.”

Good interview...thanks for that....he will be cut as soon as Hernandez comes back....Wish him best of luck while he is here!

To the "when Hernandez comes be he is gone fan club" seriously this may be the best off the street pick up in years when its all said and done. Lets say KW2 catches all his target ie... passes thrown to him, becomes a big factor in our Offense...remember like Hernandez...KW2 is a WR in TE's body. Why the mass exodus if they know that he is ten times better than those other guys they have on IR? Who would you all rather have if Gronk goes down? I think we are going to like KW2 on the field...off it thats another story.

The only concern I have with Winslow is his health. If his health cooperates he can be a weapon in this offense. If he's a problem off the field the Pats will simply cut him.

Last edited:

I'm not expecting much from this guy.
I predict that he suits up and pretends that he's a receiving threat.

If I have to eat my words, then so be it. Bring on my pain.

this may be the best off the street pick up in years when its all said and done.
Color me shocked if he's a bigger contributor than Ocho.

My doubts about Winslow are far, wide, deep and long. Did I miss any dimension? I will agree that a minor miracle of Saint Sebastian III can take place and this total clown will find himself in the loving arms of Bill The Magnificent. I kinda doubt it though. Call me a doubter on this one.

Color me shocked if he's a bigger contributor than Ocho.

My doubts about Winslow are far, wide, deep and long. Did I miss any dimension? I will agree that a minor miracle of Saint Sebastian III can take place and this total clown will find himself in the loving arms of Bill The Magnificent. I kinda doubt it though. Call me a doubter on this one.

Ocho was a nice guy to his team mates; The Soldier has a rep as being a richard head (edited for politeness). That said, I expect more from K2 than I ever thought Ocho would bring. My downside risk is that one or both knees fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST