PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KC Jones passes away.

RIP KC. Was thinking of him the other day in one of his last interviews he mentioned his baby son. I imagine that baby is an adult now. KC, a truly great Celtic.

It's amazing how many of the old Celtics are still alive. Hopefully Heinsohn's passing isn't the start from our first championship dynasty.

RIP KC.

KC was the classiest coach I've ever seen in my life. Watching him coach with all the cool in the world, that was a treat. His players were hard-nosed sons of guns, and meanwhile KC would just be chilling. He was criticized back then, but it was his style that contributed to that success. When you have people like DJ, Bird, Parish and Ainge on the court, I don't think a coach really needs to get their attention. I mean, McHale and Walton could be clowns, and really Cornbread was a little loopy, but seeing KC just take it all in with a smile on his face? That was iconic.

Robert Parish loved the man after the high-strung martinet who preceded him. Class act.

RIP, KC. We love you too.

Did a tremendous job on the mid 80's teams and was probably a couple breaks away from winning 2 more titles. Class act.

I was on a flight to Seattle when he coached the Super Sonics. The team was on the flight.
All players were in first class and he flew in "coach".

Kevin McHale made a point once. Now good teams have 2 stars. Those Celtics had 5.

Did a tremendous job on the mid 80's teams and was probably a couple breaks away from winning 2 more titles. Class act.
He rode the 1986-87 starters into the ground before the POs even began...McHale should've been given much, Much more rest to help heal his wheels...and after the Memorial Day Massacre in the '85 finals, we should've cruised the rest of the series...

RIP KC; but he was kinda overrated as a HC.

I was on a flight to Seattle when he coached the Super Sonics. The team was on the flight.
All players were in first class and he flew in "coach".
I was on a Southwest flight with Bill Walton.

His head hit the roof of the plane and he had to duck down. Seemed the a regular guy talking with folks.

When I was in HS the Celtics, for some reason, used to come to Newport RI for preseason or exhibition, one time they played the LA Lakers at Rogers HS.. Celtics(Russell, KC, Cousy, Heinson, Havlicek etc.) vs. the Lakers.. (West, Baylor etc.) it was a good show, sat very close to the front in old school wooden bleachers.

In retrospect were probably marketing the NBA..

I feel blessed to have seen his class act. Back then I would pay a quarter to get on a train in Everett to make the short trip to the Garden where $1 would get me in to see him and all the other players on the greatest NBA team of all time.

RIP KC.

Last edited:
When I was in HS the Celtics, for some reason, used to come to Newport RI for preseason or exhibition, one time they played the LA Lakers at Rogers HS.. Celtics(Russell, KC, Cousy, Heinson, Havlicek etc.) vs. the Lakers.. (West, Baylor etc.) it was a good show, sat very close to the front in old school wooden bleachers.

In retrospect were probably marketing the NBA..
You were lucky. At the time a couple of them, Hondo and Jim Loscutoff, lived in the city that I grew up in but I'd only see them in passing now and then. I saw Loscutoff playing ball with his young son on the common once but I didn't want to bother him and just stood in awe watching.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back