PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KC Jones passes away.

He rode the 1986-87 starters into the ground before the POs even began...McHale should've been given much, Much more rest to help heal his wheels...and after the Memorial Day Massacre in the '85 finals, we should've cruised the rest of the series...

RIP KC; but he was kinda overrated as a HC.

KC coached the team 5 years
Averaged 62 wins a season
Won 4 Eastern Conference Championships
Won 2 NBA Championships
Led the 84 Celtics to one of the greatest 7 game series victories of all time against an legendary Lakers team
Coached a team in 1986 that many argue is the greatest team in NBA history

If not for the death of Bias and injuries to Walton and McHale he likely repeats in 1987 and his run is longer
Took over for a task master in Fitch and the players absolutely loved him
If KC is overrated sign me up

Last edited:
I feel blessed to have seen his class act. Back then I would pay a quarter to get on a train in Everett to make the short trip to the Garden where $1 would get me in to see him and all the other players on the greatest NBA team of all time.

RIP KC.
The old Orange line! Before the I-93 construction began, we lived in East Somerville and would catch the train into town at the old Sullivan Square station...For a 2/3-year old, that place was the most magnificent building I had ever seen...

KC coached the team 5 years
Averaged 62 wins a season
Won 4 Eastern Conference Championships
Won 2 NBA Championships
Led the 84 Celtics to one of the greatest 7 game series victories of all time against an legendary Lakers team
Coached a team in 1986 that many argue is the greatest team in NBA history

If not for the death of Bias and injuries to Walton and McHale he likely repeats in 1987 and his run is longer
Took over for a task master in Fitch and the players absolutely loved him
If KC is overrated sign me up

Agreed, Bias was supposed to be the transistion they needed. We’ll never know how good he was or how bad is addiction was and whether it would of derailed his career or not. All I know is he was one of the best college players I watched in the 80’s. Just seemed like a combination of Jordan and Barkley in one player.

With that and the Walton, McHales broken foot, Birds mothers driveway fiasco.(not sure if that was 87 or 88) it was too much. Not sure how KC is overrated for that. But in the Captains point, that would also make Pat Riley overated as well as Phil Jackson. Players do the playing

Btw throughout the 80’s the road to the Finals was on another level. I get the Magic and Lakers got 5 titles and supposedly won the war but the Celtics path was always a war before getting there. The Sixers were able to deny the Celtics a few more opportunites and vice versa.

This sounds like one of those wacky baseball injuries

That is total horseshit. Larry was famous for giving it his all during the season, but in the offseason he would just go to ****, balloon up and absolutely not take care of himself, physically or mentally.

The man ate 7 wedding cakes and 10 gallons of ice cream in 2 weeks.

Someone asked him, why wedding cakes? He said "who would **** up a wedding cake?"

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back