PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kap to the Colts?

Seems like Miami would have been a great fit for him but then he had to go and wear a Castro shirt and alienate a large portion of their fan base who were victimized by that monster.

I don't see this as a 1st Amendment thing. It's a "Kaepernick is a complete and utter moron" thing.

He's got baggage and he's a distraction. Why would any team want that?

I think this image makes it difficult for owners to sign him.

IMG_0447.JPG

I thought Kaepernick not getting signed was b.s., but then I saw the things he has been writing on twitter over the past few months. He said he wouldn't take a knee any longer, but he continued with hateful rhetoric over twitter all spring and summer. He has continued repeatedly calling cops racists, murderers, and slave catchers. On 4th of July, he wrote that celebrating Independence Day was the same as celebrating slavery. He has essentially called both Mike Vick and Ray Lewis, Uncle Toms. The Ravens owner was the only owner talking about considering hiring him, but did openly and honestly talk about the off field issues. Rather than responding in a positive way, Kaepernick's girlfriend, who appears to be his spiritual advisor, tweeted that picture. Who would hire a backup who publicly compares you to a vile slave owner in such a public way?

I don't think you guys get how racism works. But it is really what Richard Sherman said, Ownership has no issues being political but they don't like Kapernick doing it "boy, stay in your place". And they know that all these people are going to go online and say how Kapernick hates America and leap to their defense in giving you a sub par product. With all the crap that we say about the NFL and what they do, apparently the idea that they are blacklisting a player for speaking out is completely out of the realm of possibility.
First of all, not standing, and protesting the national anthem and the flag, is not being "political" it is being disrespectful to the country. Comparing it to support one political party or candidate over another is a silly comparison. No owners would protest the flag, and if you are comparing simply "being a Republican" as equivalent to protesting the American flag he is being ridiculous.

Second, using very simple logic, it is as clear as the full sun after the eclipse has past at noon time that this has NOTHING to do with the color of his skin. You have to check your brain at the door to make that argument.

I think this image makes it difficult for owners to sign him.

View attachment 17818

I thought Kaepernick not getting signed was b.s., but then I saw the things he has been writing on twitter over the past few months. He said he wouldn't take a knee any longer, but he continued with hateful rhetoric over twitter all spring and summer. He has continued repeatedly calling cops racists, murderers, and slave catchers. On 4th of July, he wrote that celebrating Independence Day was the same as celebrating slavery. He has essentially called both Mike Vick and Ray Lewis, Uncle Toms. The Ravens owner was the only owner talking about considering hiring him, but did openly and honestly talk about the off field issues. Rather than responding in a positive way, Kaepernick's girlfriend, who appears to be his spiritual advisor, tweeted that picture. Who would hire a backup who publicly compares you to a vile slave owner in such a public way?
yes. Thank you. Kap is disgusting.

I don't think you guys get how racism works. But it is really what Richard Sherman said, Ownership has no issues being political but they don't like Kapernick doing it "boy, stay in your place". And they know that all these people are going to go online and say how Kapernick hates America and leap to their defense in giving you a sub par product. With all the crap that we say about the NFL and what they do, apparently the idea that they are blacklisting a player for speaking out is completely out of the realm of possibility.

I think it's too convenient to make it a 'boy stay in your place'.

I suspect that like a lot of big rich types, NFL owners are probably risk averse. You sign Kap you are rewarded with a QB whose game has some flash and some holes. I'd say he's a better starter than there is on some teams but not by much.

The flip side is now you've politicized your team. Like it or not your team will now get put under a microscope and not in a way that sells t-shirts. People, even your own fans, are now going to start arguing and taking sides.

It's like Al Swearengen in Deadwood talking about people taking a side in the McCall case.

"And agitation brings a slight bump-up in whiskey sales but the sale of c**t plummets".

It is absolutely no different to me than the fact that I think you can make a case Tim Tebow is a better QB than some that are on rosters right now but he's just such a lightning rod that he's in the quintuple A leagues striking out or hitting homers off of guys whose day job is driving a natural gas rig or something.

It doesn't sound like McCoy is calling out a PC bias in the league or in the media, etc. - he is just saying that Cap isn't good enough to play in the NFL.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back