PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kap to the Colts?

Squidward wants starter money. He has already turned down a contract as a back up.

Suck for Luck's replacement?:D

I do wonder why nobody has signed Kap. He's definitely more skilled than many backups in the NFL. But I read that he turned down a sizable contract offer from Seattle, one of the few teams that run an offense suitable for his skill set.

Is it racism? Well, it's possible. But that's a hard case to make when every single NFL owner is willing to sign a LOT of black players, including some with troubled backgrounds and even rap sheets.

According to the 2010 census, just 12.4% of Americans are black/African-American. But in the NFL, that figure is 68%. In the United States, 72.4% of the population is white, while in the NFL that figure is just 28%.

Clearly, there are precisely ZERO NFL owners who put race above things like winning. Even if the harbor some prejudice, they ALL still have a very large black majority roster.

So it's really hard to make the racist argument stick in this case.

I do wonder why nobody has signed Kap. He's definitely more skilled than many backups in the NFL. But I read that he turned down a sizable contract offer from Seattle, one of the few teams that run an offense suitable for his skill set.

Is it racism? Well, it's possible. But that's a hard case to make when every single NFL owner is willing to sign a LOT of black players, including some with troubled backgrounds and even rap sheets.

According to the 2010 census, just 12.4% of Americans are black/African-American. But in the NFL, that figure is 68%. In the United States, 72.4% of the population is white, while in the NFL that figure is just 28%.

Clearly, there are precisely ZERO NFL owners who put race above things like winning. Even if the harbor some prejudice, they ALL still have a very large black majority roster.

So it's really hard to make the racist argument stick in this case.
It is definitely NOT because of racism. There are plenty of African American QBs. It is his disrespect for the flag of our country. Silly to even think he is not signed because of the color of his skin.

Kap might throw less INT's than Luck.
he definitely will throw less INTs, zero... same as how many passes he will throw this year.. ZERO.

Luck might throw ZERO as well though.

It is definitely NOT because of racism. There are plenty of African American QBs. It is his disrespect for the flag of our country. Silly to even think he is not signed because of the color of his skin.

Well, there are a lot of people who think racism is the reason. Just pointing that out, and also arguing that I don't think that's really the reason.

Well, there are a lot of people who think racism is the reason. Just pointing that out, and also arguing that I don't think that's really the reason.
Understand. However, it is demonstrably not racism, as others have also pointed out. The data does not support that in any way. The data supports that it is due to a desire to limit distraction for your team (and that is definite) and a desire to not piss off the probably 75% of your fan base who can't stand the protest of the American flag. (Those with enough common sense to understand that all it does is cause great division within an already divided country).

The NFL protesters are guilty of this in a massive way and in an severely naive manner.

From the comment section .....

Or Paxton Lynch, Ryan Mallett, Hackenberg etc. etc.

Then as soon as Luck is healthy there will be an outcry that Kapernick deserves to remain the starter, and his benching is somehow political and race related. The better Kapernick plays the worse it would be. Now matter how absurd the argument, it would likely be made. No team wants to deal with that.

We don’t want him in Buffalo either!

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think I’d rather give Manziel a go than either of those two.

If Luck can’t return until October this season will likely be chalked up as a lost cause in Indy. No point in rushing back Luck if they start 0-4. Very well could end up costing Pagano his job

Agree.

Teams just don't want the hassle and he's not good enough to warrant overlooking his views and actions.

Racism isn't the issue here. Racism is a problem in our country, but let's not make an excuse for every single instance that it's because of race. That ends up only causing more problems that didn't need to be there.

Yeah, the owners of 60-80% black teams in the NFL are gonna get all racist about having a black under center....
I don't think you guys get how racism works. But it is really what Richard Sherman said, Ownership has no issues being political but they don't like Kapernick doing it "boy, stay in your place". And they know that all these people are going to go online and say how Kapernick hates America and leap to their defense in giving you a sub par product. With all the crap that we say about the NFL and what they do, apparently the idea that they are blacklisting a player for speaking out is completely out of the realm of possibility.

From the comment section .....

Or Paxton Lynch, Ryan Mallett, Hackenberg etc. etc.

Then as soon as Luck is healthy there will be an outcry that Kapernick deserves to remain the starter, and his benching is somehow political and race related. The better Kapernick plays the worse it would be. Now matter how absurd the argument, it would likely be made. No team wants to deal with that.

We don’t want him in Buffalo either!

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think I’d rather give Manziel a go than either of those two.

If Luck can’t return until October this season will likely be chalked up as a lost cause in Indy. No point in rushing back Luck if they start 0-4. Very well could end up costing Pagano his job
You would really rather have Johnny Manziel on your team than Colin Kapernick?

A Browns reporter guessed that Osweiler to Indy could be an option too, so it seems that there are a number of different ways in which the first few Colts games could be awfully interesting.

Last edited:
not racism...it's OWNERISM...you should all KNOW this by now.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back