PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaepernick ..... Tryout Edition

So, according to Florio, they're now trying to avoid secondary lawsuits (not "a lawsuit", because they've already had one of those) by creating a circus that plays right into the hands of the clown who precipitated all the problems in the first place, and by being so stupid with requirements that it invites a potential lawsuit from a litigious party itching to cry about discrimination and oppression?

Anything's possible, but that seems stupid even by Goodell's standards. Especially since all the league had to do in order to undercut any assertion of wrongdoing would have been to make a public statement about Kaepernick being in good standing with the league, and eligible to work out and/or play.

But, then again, it is Goodell, and I probably should never put a limit on his ability to be a complete fool.

So if he had any interest in him, he would have brought him in for a private workout like he does with many players who are out on the street.
If he had any interest why would he wait for someone else to arrange a mass workout?
It makes no sense

No idea, maybe Lamar Jackson running around the Pats D gave him some thoughts about adding a scout QB. In the end, I don't think he signs with NE, much less any team. But I don't know what Bill is thinking.

You are arguing in circles. It's same reason I gave you yesterday - if BB looks at him and decides to pick him up, by definition he's an upgrade to Kessler. A good workout, and perhaps a private evaluation of him by the Pats, plus the ability he has shown in the past means it's a safe bet he's better than Kessler, who is downright awful.

Except BB hasn't looked at him, so you can't make statements like this:
"he'd sure do a better job mimicking Jackson than Cody Kessler"

You do not know this.

No idea, maybe Lamar Jackson running around the Pats D gave him some thoughts about adding a scout QB. In the end, I don't think he signs with NE, much less any team. But I don't know what Bill is thinking.
If that were the case he would add one if the numerous running college QBs who are unemployed rather than a 32 year old to mimic the speed and elusiveness of a 23 year old.

bill isn’t thinking anything. Goodell asked kraft to send someone to this farce so he did.

fair enough

We do not know whether or not this tryout was part of the settlement. We do not know whether other actions are required by the league.
Do you think there’s a new league wide policy of setting up workouts for guys that haven’t played in years?

Sounds like this workout is over. The league probably told Hugh Jackson to not participate...

So, according to Florio, they're now trying to avoid secondary lawsuits (not "a lawsuit", because they've already had one of those) by creating a circus that plays right into the hands of the clown who precipitated all the problems in the first place, and by being so stupid with requirements that it invites a potential lawsuit from a litigious party itching to cry about discrimination and oppression?

Anything's possible, but that seems stupid even by Goodell's standards. Especially since all the league had to do in order to undercut any assertion of wrongdoing would have been to make a public statement about Kaepernick being in good standing with the league, and eligible to work out and/or play.

"secondary lawsuits" or additional lawsuits"

I agree with you that the league could have done much better by releasing public statements that Kaep was in good standing and the league supports the idea of any team signing and playing him.

And I am certainly confused. Why isn't Kaep and his folks in charge of his own tryout? Why aren't all media folks welcome? The league needed to "allow" the tryout, and to encourage workers to send representatives. No more should have been necessary.

Yup this would make sense if the collusion charges were totally false. What team would DARE be the one to bring Kaep and hire him, without any support from other owners and from the league?
====
And yes, I understand that Some (many?) of you believe that Kaep was nowhere near good enough to be a backup in 2017, 2018 and 2019, and wasn't even worth a tryout. Of course, there was no pressure from other owners and from the league NOT to sign Kaep.

For those folks, I do have a contact that wills sell you all some land in Florida. He also specializes in stocking the Brooklyn Bridge.

So if he had any interest in him, he would have brought him in for a private workout like he does with many players who are out on the street.
If he had any interest why would he wait for someone else to arrange a mass workout?
It makes no sense

"secondary lawsuits" or additional lawsuits"

I agree with you that the league could have done much better by releasing public statements that Kaep was in good standing and the league supports the idea of any team signing and playing him.

And I am certainly confused. Why isn't Kaep and his folks in charge of his own tryout? Why aren't all media folks welcome? The league needed to "allow" the tryout, and to encourage workers to send representatives. No more should have been necessary.

According to you, the lawsuit would follow a failure to follow the settlement. That would make it a secondary suit, or a dependent suit, as opposed to a completely separate suit.

And the real issue here is that the league should have slapped Kaepernick down on day one. Had it done that, this would have died on about day 3.

Not worth it. No need for this dog and pony show on the Pats unless it’s AB.

And here's Florio commenting on the recent developments

The NFL’s Colin Kaepernick dog-and-pony show about nothing was about something, after all.

It was about extinguishing the second lawsuit that Kaepernick could file for ongoing collusion plus retaliation against him for his first grievance that was settled for a payment reportedly between $1 million and $10 million.

That’s the inescapable conclusion from the assertion, as made by Kaepernick’s lawyer and Kaepernick’s agent, that the NFL demanded that he sign a broad waiver, including a waiver of potential employment claims.

NFL tried to put Colin Kaepernick in legal checkmate

Not surprisingly, most of what he writes is just him posting out of his ass while trying to stir things up, but that's Florio when it comes to anything that's not straight news, so it's to be expected.

Kunta Kinte shirt?

Absolute clown show.

See man
See tall man
See tall man throwing fluttering ball
See other men catching fluttering ball
Rinse and repeat.

Absolute clown show.

raw

So we're now going to be treated to arguments about which waiver was "standard".

Well, at least the NFL can point to the last two sentences of its release, in case the likes of mgteich (just for example, not picking on him) start talking lawsuit.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back