PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Fields

That would be funny if he does go to San Fran at number 3, especially with all the reports saying Jones and Lance are their top two choices...going to make for an interesting night.
Lance I can buy. There’s no way they’re interested in Jones at 3. If they gave up that kind of capital to jump to 3 just to get Jones, Lynch and Shanny better call God real quick because, if he doesn’t work out, they’ll need to start polishing their resumes.

what does San Fran gain by misdirecting teams on who they are taking at number 3?

Who was the ND QB that Mel Kiper was so high on, moaning throughout day one of the draft that teams were missing out on the best player available as he fell down to the bottom of the 1st round, then turned out to be a total bust in the NFL? One has to be cautious of "expert" opinions.
Jimmy Clausen

what does San Fran gain by misdirecting teams on who they are taking at number 3?
Mind games with the Jets perhaps? If they want Fields but don't even bother to interview him, and act like they are all in on Jones, the Jets may second guess themselves and act foolishly.... I think I see some gain there.

Bills never been afraid about where he’s drafting a guy however and I mean this with sincerity and love I hope Kraft puts an end to that crap this draft.That brought us the Jordan Richards and Duron Harmons.
Kraft isn’t telling belichick what to do. He can’t because he doesn’t know what to do. If he tried bb would laugh at him.

Mind games with the Jets perhaps? If they want Fields but don't even bother to interview him, and act like they are all in on Jones, the Jets may second guess themselves and act foolishly.... I think I see some gain there.

could the 49ers be keeping teams in the dark about how they are drafting in order to mess with trade demand for Atlanta’s pick? Does Shanahan have something against his former employers?

Bills never been afraid about where he’s drafting a guy however and I mean this with sincerity and love I hope Kraft puts an end to that crap this draft.
That brought us the Jordan Richards and Duron Harmons.
How is that a GOOD thing?? :rofl:

I'm pretty sure that the Jets are in love with Zach Wilson. The 49ers Feigning Interest in Mac Jones is not going to make the Jets move off their pick. The fact that the 49ers could ONLY get up to #3 implies that the Jets refused to trade the #2 pick to them.

BB will have us all scratching our heads when he stands pat at #15 and selects BPA and then after moving around the board to solidify his Defense waits until pick 199 to draft KJ Costello, QB Miss. State........ :)

According to Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated, the Falcons have had "exploratory talks" about trading the No. 4 pick. If they do trade the pick, it seems likely that the acquiring team would select a quarterback.

According to Jordan Moore, who worked for Fox 25 here in Boston but now works for Tampa’s Spectrum Bay News 9, the Patriots have called and inquired about a trade with the Falcons, who hold the #4 overall selection.

Probably ask the cost. I think if Justin Fields is there in 4 and the cost is not crazy, they may pull the trigger....

Last edited:
Forgot to add this.

Moore also reports that both Belichick and Josh McDaniels are expected to attend Justin Fields’ final pro day at Ohio State. He also points out that the San Francisco 49ers will be there, with the 49ers still mum on who they plan on taking at #3 overall following their recent trade with the Dolphins.

aptitude test score​

"Justin Fields, the guy who supposedly can't go through his reads, doesn't have great work ethic, all this bogus stuff -- he scored the highest. Ever. He scored the highest that they can rank him. He scored a 130 on it. [Patrick] Mahomes was like a 108. Josh Allen was like a 108. Over 100 is good.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back