PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just Say No to Revis - Patriots Should Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people are so against Revis coming back. If he can play and can make the roster, then I am all for it.
Because fans are babies and remember a comment he made years ago that he likely said trying to be funny. I've said it before, if BB thought Revis could help this team win at the right price and Revis showed a desire to regain football shape, he'd be back yesterday.

I would put all my chips in that Devin McCourty is going back to corner, this year.
And you'd lose all your chips. Stay away from Vegas. What are you basing this on anyway?

Is this a sarcastic thread that's going over my head? Devin had one great year as a zone corner 6 years ago. He has shown to be a disaster as a full time press/man corner. His best traits fit the safety position like a glove. Your suggestion would weaken two positions.
Yeah, he's totally revising history. DMac has been a disaster at corner AND he got upset when BB asked him to do it in the preseason a year or two ago (I can't remember for certain). He prefers facing the play. He has alluded to it himself many times.

Yeah, he's totally revising history. DMac has been a disaster at corner AND he got upset when BB asked him to do it in the preseason a year or two ago (I can't remember for certain). He prefers facing the play. He has alluded to it himself many times.
And how about how Revis never playing safety in his life? There's a chance he will be awful. In fact I really don't think he's rangy enough to play FS. If plays aggressive like the hungry 2014 pats or 2010 jets revis he could maybe a SS role. But even that isn't a given. And I want to sign him but having him and McCourty flip roles is insanely idiotic.

And how about how Revis never playing safety in his life? There's a chance he will be awful. In fact I really don't think he's rangy enough to play FS. If plays aggressive like the hungry 2014 pats or 2010 jets revis he could maybe a SS role. But even that isn't a given. And I want to sign him but having him and McCourty flip roles is insanely idiotic.
I hear you. I don't see Revis being able to play either safety role. Not every great corner can make the transition. He's simply a corner and I think he can still be a decent one if he had the desire to work himself back into competitive shape. That's the question.

Why not Revis as a Ryan replacement, primarily in the slot? I'd take Revis over Cyrus Jones any day. I recall Belichick gushing over how hard Revis worked in the film room and how well he recognizes routes and patterns. That mental acuity doesn't help too much if you no longer have the physical ability to keep up with a big and speedy number one WR, but it sure helps in the middle of the field with smaller receivers running crossing patterns and the like.

Why not Revis as a Ryan replacement, primarily in the slot? I'd take Revis over Cyrus Jones any day. I recall Belichick gushing over how hard Revis worked in the film room and how well he recognizes routes and patterns. That mental acuity doesn't help too much if you no longer have the physical ability to keep up with a big and speedy number one WR, but it sure helps in the middle of the field with smaller receivers running crossing patterns and the like.
Can we all agree that having him and McCourty trade positions is a braindead, idiotic, horrible idea?

Move Devin McCourty to corner back, add revis as depth at safety, if he wins the starting roll at FS, it's a win for me.

Move one of the top 5 Safeties in the game to a position he now sucks at, and put the guy who's played CB his entire life to a position he's ever played before.

Forgive me, but I'm totally lost by this logic.

I don't know what you are talking about, Devin McCourty put up the same stats as revis when revis when he was a shut down corner. Devin was moved to safety when the pats safety position was full of injury. Yeah Devin is great as a safety, but he is a corner. Devin was a great corner turned safety, he can go back to corner and revis can in the same light be a great free safety.

McCourty moved to Safety because he'd turned to **** as a pure corner, after a really good rookie season.

Bill Belichick, right again.

Because fans are babies and remember a comment he made years ago that he likely said trying to be funny. I've said it before, if BB thought Revis could help this team win at the right price and Revis showed a desire to regain football shape, he'd be back yesterday.

Two years is not 10 years. And if he was trying to be funny, there would be some sort of chuckle or nudge insinuated, no?

But again, Curran's report should have put the kibosh on this for now. No one one either side has said anything.

Two years is not 10 years. And if he was trying to be funny, there would be some sort of chuckle or nudge insinuated, no?

But again, Curran's report should have put the kibosh on this for now. No one one either side has said anything.
Sneaky sneaky, you're not bringing me down this path again, good sir. We agreed to have our difference of opinion. :p

Sneaky sneaky, you're not bringing me down this path again, good sir. We agreed to have our difference of opinion. :p

Haha. Sorry. This topic has me shaking like a crack addict. Gotta step away and ignore the thread before I combust. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes