PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just Say No to Revis - Patriots Should Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Revis wants to play few more years, then he has to compete. And no team will sign him for big money. So minimum dollars and he will have to prove in TC.

He doesn't have to be elite or play the entire game to be a potential asset for the team. He is willing to play for 200K because he knows he will not get over $6M, so it's irrelevant to him...the Jets will pay him the remaining amount up to $6M. In other words, Revis could play for the Patriots where NE is paying him 200k and the Jets are paying him 5.8M. That idea alone is mouth watering.

You guys really don't think he may have been injured/unmotivated and he is really worse than 4th or 5th CB in the roster? As a situational player against certain matchups, playing, say, 15-20 snaps a game, and more if he is in fact much better than he looked last year, then why not? The man is 31, not 50. I would love to see him back, at the very least for training camp. I don't think Revis is done, and he doesn't want to go out in shame. He is a proud man and one of the greatest cornerbacks the game has seen.

Where is my reasoning wrong here? Unless you are hung up on some overmagnified comments that clearly didn't bother the team or his former teamates, and frankly were about as benign as it gets to be considered a "slight." Most of it was typical journalist hype, taking a quote out of context for a great sound byte, but completely missing the tone of the whole interview, which was full of praise for TB and his experience in NE.

Even if you ignore all performance and financial related questions you'd still have to think about his locker room presence. You want the hard working, grinding Revis and not the overweight, "all about money" stereotype that he reduced himself to since returning to the Jets.

By all accounts he was exemplary in his game prep and work ethic for the majority of his career (incl. with NE). Gotta figure out what flipped that switch last year.

Id be happy for the right price, but dont see it happening. Imo he goes to highest bidder. He already has his ring and then signing a long term deal with nyj pretty much exposes the fact that hes content to finish his career with 1 ring. Hard to see him not chading the money again.

Just Say No to Revis

Steve Balestrieri

The 31-year old Revis has been a shadow of himself the past two years and in 2016, teams didn

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Steve, get over it. A New York Jet player commented despite not knowing anything - that was news to you? Roster size is 90. If no big guaranteed money is tied up, kick the tires. If nothing else it will drive Jet fans nuts. :)

Too slow. No more fire in his belly. He is cost prohibitive.

Also, he was gloating while with Jets, that Patriots are known for cheating during the Deflategate saga.

Anyone BUT Revis!

o_O

I got a feeling he will be back here if butler's dealt. He has to show that he's in shape. He had his struggles in 2015 in shape but he was much better than last season.

Steve, get over it. A New York Jet player commented despite not knowing anything - that was news to you? Roster size is 90. If no big guaranteed money is tied up, kick the tires. If nothing else it will drive Jet fans nuts. :)

Nuts?

It'd be like finding a barrel of cap space money! Every dollar another team pays him this year, is another dollar saved in cap space for the Jets.

I don't care where he plays, he just better play.

Signing Revis for cheap makes all the sense in the world. Belichick can whip him back into shape and stick it to the Jets by getting a good player that they are paying for.

There are many reasons to avoid Revis. His social media statements are pretty far down on the list if you ask me.

It wasn't just on social media though. He was interviewed by Manish Mehta of the NYDN and doubled down on the comments.

And again, as I've said in about 3 Revis threads here over the past few weeks, even though members of the staff and players may say they don't care about stuff said outside of those 4 walls of Gillette Stadium locker room, you cannot tell me they don't know about it or are aware.

I honestly feel there is not one inch of thought being given to this. We (fans/media) are probably talking about this more than they are.

I've seen folks in this thread contrast Revis's comments to guys like Mankins. TOTALLY different circumstances and feelings. Mankins NEVER accused the Pats of cheating and doing things the wrong way. In fact, I wonder if anyone can name any player who has EVER been on the team and then proceeded to slander and smear the team and it's players such as this.

Revis can GFY for all I care.

Too slow. No more fire in his belly. He is cost prohibitive.

Also, he was gloating while with Jets, that Patriots are known for cheating during the Deflategate saga.

Anyone BUT Revis!

o_O
Only thing in his belly was Shake Shack burgers apparently. He was 240 pounds last year. Very poor conditioning, why would we want an overweight corner who can't cover, and even at safety, not known as a great tackler. No thanks ! Loved Revis when he was here, but he burned bridges when he left, hoping Belichick leaves the bridges burnt.

He's a round corner. Get it? Heh: I'm a genius.

If he gets in shape and is motivated why not? But i question whether he is. Its clear he was motivated in 2014 for the pats and then didnt care for the Jets because he got his qb $$

Would he be motivated again? And to play a logan ryan type role?

Mevis will probably find some suckers to bid on his services. I hope the Pats aren't one of them.

Nuts?

It'd be like finding a barrel of cap space money! Every dollar another team pays him this year, is another dollar saved in cap space for the Jets.

I don't care where he plays, he just better play.

If no team is offering him over 6M, why would any team pay him over vet minimum? This is a unique situation because there will not be any type of auction, unless he is looking for an extension. He will play for his team of choice at vet minimum. Why does Revis care who is paying him the remainder of the $6M? You can be darn sure he will use that fact to his advantage with any teams, in terms of negotiating non-monetary issues and perks.

It wasn't just on social media though. He was interviewed by Manish Mehta of the NYDN and doubled down on the comments.

And again, as I've said in about 3 Revis threads here over the past few weeks, even though members of the staff and players may say they don't care about stuff said outside of those 4 walls of Gillette Stadium locker room, you cannot tell me they don't know about it or are aware.

I honestly feel there is not one inch of thought being given to this. We (fans/media) are probably talking about this more than they are.

I've seen folks in this thread contrast Revis's comments to guys like Mankins. TOTALLY different circumstances and feelings. Mankins NEVER accused the Pats of cheating and doing things the wrong way. In fact, I wonder if anyone can name any player who has EVER been on the team and then proceeded to slander and smear the team and it's players such as this.

Revis can GFY for all I care.

Plus the BS he was trying to peddle that Brady and Belichick would win nothing without him.

Like I said... he was brought here and paid very well to make sure that what happened in the Giants SBs didn't happen again....and that is exactly what would have happened if Lynch got the football again. So I don't know where he gets the chutzpah to say that but I know I wouldn't want him back.

Say YES to Revis Reef.

revis will be 32.....i am for BB "taking a look"......and talking to him.....couldnt hurt

assuming he would get the minimum.....since the jets will be paying him anyway

then its all about if he really has any fire left.....or if his heart is gone

also have to check his speed and movement.....he really wasnt an uber athlete by HOF db standards .....but a masterful technician with high football IQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes