PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JuJu might be done in Pittsburgh!

He’s not a number 1 wr but will get paid like one. No thanks
Came here to say this. Once the best receiver of this generation left the team his numbers have been pedestrian. In addition he seems to have gone from fun and goofy to annoying and a pain in the a** with his Tik Tok crap and dancing on logos.

It doesn't make him less of a knucklehead. I love the game, for all the reason you state. It's the between the ears chit and all the baggage he brings. More interested in being a social media presence. He's not mature enough to pull a Moss or a Dillon and get his head on straight, in my opinion. Let me see him after this next contract.

I don't know about all that other stuff. I was just commenting on him as an actual on-the-field player. He's sooooo much better than what the Pats currently have, and people reading his bad yards per reception stat in 2020 are completely missing the context.

All that said, I don't know what he's really worth on the open market, or if I'd want to pay him what he might be able to get from another team. I was just pointing out that the guy is really really good.

I’d rather pay scam Newton 40 million per year then watch that clown make tiktok videos in the locker room and dance on opponents logos.

Imagine getting mad about TikTok and dancing.

He'll probably cost too much, but maybe every team will be on the same page about him not being a true #1.

Imagine getting mad about TikTok and dancing.

He'll probably cost too much, but maybe every team will be on the same page about him not being a true #1.
Who's mad?

No thanks. He’ll fix nothing here imo and cost way too much.

Rather have Curtis Samuel or Kenny Golladay. If Schuster would take #2 money even top end #2 money, I would consider taking him as long as the Pats got a real #1 WR.

But not surprising the Steelers are letting him and Bud Dupree walk. They don't have the cap space. Both those guys are going to get paid more than they are worth. Let's see Dupree play without teams having to worry about TJ Watt on the other side.

JuJu averaged 8.6 yards a reception last year. That's even worse than Harry..... We need explosive playmakers - we currently have the slowest offense in the league.

I'm not saying I wouldn't take him on a value deal but not for the price he's going to cost.
You do realize that it doesn't matter how fast our receivers are when we have Cam as the QB, right? He's so damn slow through his progressions ands nearly always late on his throws..

Who's mad?

cleveland cavaliers love GIF by NBPA

I’d rather pay scam Newton 40 million per year then watch that clown make tiktok videos in the locker room and dance on opponents logos.

I think Juju is annoying and not a #1 receiver but if we got him at #2 receiver money I wouldn't hate it. He is young and a good complimentary receiver.

I think Juju is annoying and not a #1 receiver but if we got him at #2 receiver money I wouldn't hate it. He is young and a good complimentary receiver.

I agree, I just thought it was funny that you asked that one post after Jangles (to fair, you were both probably typing at the same time).

I don't like JuJu and am generally philosophically against overpaying for wide receivers (especially in a year where we may not have a QB who can really take full advantage of them). But I also thought Cam was a diva, and for all his struggles on the field he was lauded for his work ethic and being a quality teammate. I didn't think Moss would jive with BB/Brady AT ALL, and was spectacularly wrong on that one. So while I would never pay JuJu top WR money, if he came at a reasonable deal I would let it play out before putting my foot in my mouth again. There's no question the kid has talent in there.

Why does Pittsburg seem to have the market on drafting WR into the Erhardt-Perkins system, but we really suck at it? Juju would be an awesome fit and adjust to us immediately, but I don't think we would pay him. I don't want his drama. Sanders is a good alternative.

Sign the beast BB! He is an upgrade over anyone on the receiving core on this team! We got the money!

I'm gonna say something unpopular. I wouldn't touch Smith-Schuster with a 15 foot pole. Frankly I'd be leery of anyone who's marinated in Steeler culture for that long. They enable athletes to show the worst in themselves and don't enforce any kind of personal responsibility. I know the rest of the league does that too but honestly, not to the extent of the Steelers. The level of entitlement from recent Steelers teams is nothing short of legendary.

Your right he’s a good complimentary piece. His best years were when the opposing defenses were defending against AB. We don’t have that kind of player currently on the roster. We need a wr who can dictate coverages. I know he’s injured but I would look at fuller 10 times out of 10 before juju for this reason alone if we can’t land Golladay. Samuel too because of his versatility. For cheaper complimentary pieces theres sanders, Jones, maybe Corey Davis if the cost isn’t too high.

JuJu is a good receiver.

Just not a an elite one.

do we really needs threads on every single FA or potential FA?

No thanks. We need a burner. JuJu is just another possession receiver and will likely have some team backing up the Brinks truck for him.

He needs to be signed, then we can have juju and jonnu smith

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back