PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Judon contract adjustment

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Trent got paid when he went to the Raiders and it did not end well. If BB pays him it has to be incentive based, not guaranteed like Judon. Two different personalities. Two different payment approaches. That was my point.
Got it. You could be right.

I just don’t think the money matters one way or other to his play. I think he underperformed for the Raiders because the coaches were bad and it was a bad situation for him not because he got a big pile of money and thought, “well now I can play like crap.” I think that was Wynn.

Comments from various situations with the Raiders, and his media interviews.
What comments for the Raiders? Please be specific if you are assaulting his character.
What has he said in press conferences that imply he doesn’t love football?

It’s kind of irresponsible to make comments like that about the dude.

Trent got paid when he went to the Raiders and it did not end well. If BB pays him it has to be incentive based, not guaranteed like Judon. Two different personalities. Two different payment approaches. That was my point.
He was injured. Being injured isn’t an indication of a lack of caring or effort.

Here are some facts.

his first 11 games with the Raiders, Brown allowed only one sack in 326 pass-blocking snaps.[20] On December 17, 2019, Brown was named a Pro Bowl selection for the first time of his career.[21] The next day, he was placed on IR, ending his season.[22]

Brown was placed on the reserve/COVID-19list by the Raiders on October 21, 2020,[23]and was activated on October 30.[24] Just before their Week 8 game, Brown was hospitalized after a pregame IV caused air to enter his bloodstream and missed the game. He was placed back on the COVID-19 list on November 5,[25] and activated again on December 2.[26]

I can go either way. But I don’t know all the details from last year. I suspect he played through sickness because the OTs were so short handed, played through ****ty coaching and was judged harshly for it. I can see him thinking he deserves a bump. But I also could see Bill saying no.
It was well publicized that he played sick because there was no one else and he sucked it up despite being very sick and weakened because of it.

Some people apparently call that a lazy guy who doesn’t care about football evidently to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Agree with all of this, and they have the depth to spell Judon more often. To me this entire season is about one thing, competing. I don’t think we should expect a deep playoff run, that would be unreasonable, but if they can compete for a WC spot right to the end of the season. They face a brutal schedule, and getting to the playoffs would be an accomplishment, and a really good foundation to build upon.
Absolutely agree 100%.. the offense will look like a real

Agree with all of this, and they have the depth to spell Judon more often. To me this entire season is about one thing, competing. I don’t think we should expect a deep playoff run, that would be unreasonable, but if they can compete for a WC spot right to the end of the season. They face a brutal schedule, and getting to the playoffs would be an accomplishment, and a really good foundation to build upon.
Agreed! The offense will look like a real offense, with play design, play structure and schemes. I'm hopeful we can do what say Jacksonville did last season make it to a playoff game and win. We do have depth to spell judon more often, as he's a key component to what we do defensively.

Got it. You could be right.

I just don’t think the money matters one way or other to his play. I think he underperformed for the Raiders because the coaches were bad and it was a bad situation for him not because he got a big pile of money and thought, “well now I can play like crap.” I think that was Wynn.

I understood he showed up well 400 lbs. Not sure coaching is the issue at over 400 lbs. Listen to Dante's interview about T Brown.

When you play 100% like Judon and Gronk did, thats to be expected.
Playing with bruises ribs in 2021 and hamstrings issues in 2022 will do that to an elite player..

What comments for the Raiders? Please be specific if you are assaulting his character.
What has he said in press conferences that imply he doesn’t love football?

It’s kind of irresponsible to make comments like that about the dude.

Did you listen to Dante's interview about T Brown? I doubt you missed it. You appear to be grandstanding. I like Trent, and think he is a great guy, and would invite him over for dinner. But his contract has to be incentive laden. That is his personality. There is nothing wrong with that.

I am not assaulting anyone. Why do you feel anxiety talking about this?

I'm not convinced that Trent Brown really loves football. He just happens to be good at it when he applies himself and makes a lot of money in the process. Needing to be pushed and motivated by others to do a job for which you're lucratively compensated is inherently problematic. The guy just isn't all-in.
BINGO

He was injured. Being injured isn’t an indication of a lack of caring or effort.

Here are some facts.

his first 11 games with the Raiders, Brown allowed only one sack in 326 pass-blocking snaps.[20] On December 17, 2019, Brown was named a Pro Bowl selection for the first time of his career.[21] The next day, he was placed on IR, ending his season.[22]

Brown was placed on the reserve/COVID-19list by the Raiders on October 21, 2020,[23]and was activated on October 30.[24] Just before their Week 8 game, Brown was hospitalized after a pregame IV caused air to enter his bloodstream and missed the game. He was placed back on the COVID-19 list on November 5,[25] and activated again on December 2.[26]

Sorry you feel so much anxiety talking about T Brown. I hope you feel better soon.

He was hungry in 2018, he saw the opportunity was there to play with brady, win a ring and get paid. He accomplished all 3. He by far was the best left tackle in the league his first season here. He was polverizing driving guys to the ground. That was his ceiling when motivated.. he got the 60 million now football is a hobby to him not what he prioritizes from his actions.

He was hungry in 2018, he saw the opportunity was there to play with brady, win a ring and get paid. He accomplished all 3. He by far was the best left tackle in the league his first season here. He was polverizing driving guys to the ground. That was his ceiling when motivated.. he got the 60 million now football is a hobby to him not what he prioritizes from his actions.
+ 5 years is a long time ago

+ 5 years is a long time ago
But he’s been good since then, too. The season before last, he was solid for us. And last year was a mess for reasons we’ve discussed. I think he has the potential to be the best tackle we have (which I know isn’t saying much) and we’re going to need him to be good again. He’s supposedly in good shape, at a good weight, and has talked up the coaches. If it takes a little boost of his contract to get him motivated (structured based on incentives), I’m ok with that.

Did you listen to Dante's interview about T Brown? I doubt you missed it. You appear to be grandstanding. I like Trent, and think he is a great guy, and would invite him over for dinner. But his contract has to be incentive laden. That is his personality. There is nothing wrong with that.

I am not assaulting anyone. Why do you feel anxiety talking about this?
You claimed to know Browns character, you don’t.

No anxiety at all, just pointing out that you are taking out your @ss

Sorry you feel so much anxiety talking about T Brown. I hope you feel better soon.
So your response to being called about about being wrong is to be a douche?
I’ll accept that as you admitting you were wrong

You claimed to know Browns character, you don’t.

No anxiety at all, just pointing out that you are taking out your @ss

I never claimed to know Brown's character. It is your anxiety that I would claim that. I am sorry for your pain.

So your response to being called about about being wrong is to be a douche?
I’ll accept that as you admitting you were wrong

Of course. Instead of dressing your concern, you blame others. Common and simple response. You are very intellectually smart.

I never claimed to know Brown's character. It is your anxiety that I would claim that. I am sorry for your pain.
You made the post. You have no clue how much he loves football. It was just an attempt to make something up to trash a player.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back