PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Judon and Gonzalez injury discussion

Judon will be missed but it’s a great opportunity for White. Hopefully he is plugged into Judons spot. All he really has to do is rush the qb. No doubt he will be fine vs the run.
A lot of our pass rush is schemed, and White can take advantage of that as well.
Judon is one of the best players on this team but the drop off to the next man up may be one of the smallest.
Hopefully the jones’ return and we pretty much have last years corners again until
Gonzalez can play.

Is gonzo done for the season?

just brutal news, forget the loss the team sucks. Im more concerned about lingering long term shoulder issues with this injury.

Gonzalez is good, real good. I said from the get go he's gonna need a nfl off season in the weight room to get a Lil more physicality to his game and be able to with stand the rigors of nfl season.
Surprised to see JC Jackson back. Looks like a good deal. I was looking at free agents yesterday and there's some good ones out there but most of em would fit better in the slot. Trysten hill is a good sign to the practice squad too.

Possibly getting a top 10 pick is worthless if Belichick is the one doing the picking. Need the NEW guy to set up the team for the future.
I think they've done fairly well in identifying top flight talent at their 1st round pick. Specifically for top 10, Belichick only did it twice and they were good ones: Seymour and Mayo.

It gets complicated to assess a team's ability to pick when you consider player injuries and attitude. It's hard to blame the team's scouting ability if they've made the correct talent assessment but they happen to get injured or never mature.

For completeness sake- for me it's too much work and analysis to figure out if it's worked out trading down and picking up extra picks, most of all because no one really knows who Belichick would have picked at that 1st round spot.

Overall, I just looked at their 1st rounders draft history and IMO I think it's good: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm

Belichick Era Top 10 picks: Richard Seymour (6), Jerod Mayo (10).

Other First Round Hits: Vince Wilfork (21), Logan Mankins (32), Devin McCourty (27), Nate Solder (17), Chandler Jones (21), Dont'a Hightower (25), Christian Gonzalez (17 So far, but early of course)

Decent: Cole Strange (29- probably too high), Ty Warren (13- Handful of good seasons and 1 really good one before injuries),

Others: Brandon Meriweather (2 Pro Bowls, but seemed inconsistent to me), Isaiah Wynn (23- IMO talented and a worthy pick, but injuries and attitude), Sony Michel (31- Important Super Bowl season contributor, but injuries)

Incomplete: Mac Jones (15- with a decent O-line and a #1 WR I still think he could be pretty good.)

Misses: Daniel Graham (21- Decent but not a 1st rounder), Laurence Maroney (21), Dominique Easley (29), Malcom Brown (32), N'Keal Harry 32),

just brutal news, forget the loss the team sucks. Im more concerned about lingering long term shoulder issues with this injury.
Feel free to do some research. Most people can return to full activity without limitation/restriction following surgery and physical therapy; especially a professional athlete with access to uniquely good medical resources. All the more so because he's a CB who will see relatively less contact than, say, a LB or RB.

It sucks in the short-term but there's no reason to believe Gonzo won't fully recover, won't return to form, or will experience any loss of ability as a result of this.

I think they've done fairly well in identifying top flight talent at their 1st round pick. Specifically for top 10, Belichick only did it twice and they were good ones: Seymour and Mayo.

It gets complicated to assess a team's ability to pick when you consider injuries and attitude. It's hard to blame the team's scouting ability if you've made the correct talent assessment but they happen to get injured or never mature. It's too much work and analysis to figure out if it's worked out trading down and picking up extra picks, most of all because no one really knows who Belichick would have picked at that 1st round spot.

Overall, I just looked at their 1st rounders draft history and IMO I think it's good: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm

Belichick Era Top 10 picks: Richard Seymour (6), Jerod Mayo (10).

Other First Round Hits: Vince Wilfork (21), Logan Mankins (32), Devin McCourty (27), Nate Solder (17), Chandler Jones (21), Dont'a Hightower (25), Christian Gonzalez (17 So far, but early of course)

Decent: Cole Strange (29- probably too high), Ty Warren (13- Handful of good seasons and 1 really good one before injuries),

Others: Brandon Meriweather (2 Pro Bowls, but seemed inconsistent to me), Isaiah Wynn (23- IMO talented and a worthy pick, but injuries and attitude), Sony Michel (31- Important Super Bowl season contributor, but lots of injuries)

Incomplete: Mac Jones (15- with a decent O-line and a #1 WR I still think he could be pretty good.)

Misses: Daniel Graham (21- Decent but not a 1st rounder), Laurence Maroney (21), Dominique Easley (29), Malcom Brown (32), N'Keal Harry 32),
Most of those hits are defense. The problem is they need high quality skill position players on offense.

Gonzalez out for year and Judon 2 months plus. That’s brutal when you have one of the worst O’s in the league

As far as season ending injuries go, Gonzalez's is very much on the mild side, if there is ever such a thing. That's at least a silver lining here.

Never pick a QB high on a stacked team cough Mac cough

Bad news for both.

Just bummed out. Gonzales really peaked my interest every game. Sad we wont get to watch him go after Diggs.

Reminds me of 95 when they drafted Curtis Martin. They weren’t winning a whole lot of games but he made a mediocre season seem special in its own way.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back