PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Uche = Beast

hmm, that's an interesting question. I don't go back as far as most do on here, we all know the worst was Elandon, other than him:

Tully Banta Cain comes to mind, how about Shea McClellin?
McClellin went to Boise State and came later in his career, as part of Belichick's "Since I don't have a first-round draft pick, let me sign four former first-rounders on the first two days of FA" spree that also included Bennett and Mingo.

10 sacks in the past 7 weeks for Uche, the most in the NFL!!!! Way to bring it stud!!!!

Some Uche highlights from last week:

“I told you all I wasn’t the best pass rusher and our best pass rusher is emerging,” Judon said of Uche. “People are going to have to block him, and if they don’t and they chip my side, and they worry about me, Uche will do that every week. I love the way he’s playing with confidence and poise, and this is the most he’s played since he’s been in the NFL, so it’s taken a toll on him, but he’s gone out there and he’s had a lot of success. We all knew it, we all knew the type of player he was, he was drafted pretty high here, and now he’s emerging, and folks are going to have to find out.”

Nice praise from Judon. Having both playing like this is going to make stuff very hard on offensive lines.

“I told you all I wasn’t the best pass rusher and our best pass rusher is emerging,” Judon said of Uche. “People are going to have to block him, and if they don’t and they chip my side, and they worry about me, Uche will do that every week. I love the way he’s playing with confidence and poise, and this is the most he’s played since he’s been in the NFL, so it’s taken a toll on him, but he’s gone out there and he’s had a lot of success. We all knew it, we all knew the type of player he was, he was drafted pretty high here, and now he’s emerging, and folks are going to have to find out.”

Nice praise from Judon. Having both playing like this is going to make stuff very hard on offensive lines.
With Judon, Uche, Barmore and Ekuale, that's a pretty good pass rush front 4.

Based on my quick review, Twice previously the Patriots have had two players get 10 or more sacks:

2011 with Mark Anderson and Andre Carter and 1985 with Tippett and Veris.

Really they haven’t had a lot of pass rushers accumulate sacks in the team history.

Great game for Uche. And he was just a 3-star recruit coming out of high school.

Yeah, he's been really good the second half of the year, making big plays!!!!
When you can bring the Heat from both sides anything can happen. We might have a Feared! D going forward get well C Barmore keep the win streak going. :cool:

Now if only Uche & the others could play 4-9 teams with 2nd- & 3rd-stringers at the Tackles every week, then we'd really be in bid'ness...

Now if only Uche & the others could play 4-9 teams with 2nd- & 3rd-stringers at the Tackles every week, then we'd really be in bid'ness...
Uche was going against their starting OT last night, can't use that as an excuse!!! Just admit it, he's been awesome the second half of the year!!!!! 10 sacks!!!!!!!!!! Are you excited about him??????????????? Come on Captain!!!!!!

Uche was going against their starting OT last night, can't use that as an excuse!!! Just admit it, he's been awesome the second half of the year!!!!! 10 sacks!!!!!!!!!! Are you excited about him??????????????? Come on Captain!!!!!!

Lost cause, he still thinks Pats should have taken Leraven Clark over Joe Thuney and that Shaq Mason was a bad pick. Uche could finish the year with 18.5 sacks tying the Pats single season sack record and he'd still say what he is saying

You need to switch it up and get Bill's assss for waiting this long to play him.

Based on my quick review, Twice previously the Patriots have had two players get 10 or more sacks:

2011 with Mark Anderson and Andre Carter and 1985 with Tippett and Veris.

Really they haven’t had a lot of pass rushers accumulate sacks in the team history.
Beat me to it. I just posted that in the post game thread.

We have Uche under team control one more year right?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back