PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels will NOT accept 49ers job (Edit: Kyle Shanahan expected to become HC in San Fran)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know @AndyJohnson will disagree but it's the right move. There is no reason to assume that his name will get less "hot" until next year and there might be better openings available then (e.g. Bears, Lions.. maybe Titans if they **** the bed).

I am glad he is focusing on the Pats and the SB.

But I will post this now, if stays with us this year only to bolt for the Colts or Packers in the next one to two seasons I will lose tons of respect for him.

The 49ers weren't a great situation, but they had tons of cap space, the #2 pick, and rich tradition. He could have built from scratch.

If he is waiting for a job opening with a guy like Luck or Rodgers, he is looking for the easy way.

I know @AndyJohnson will disagree but it's the right move. There is no reason to assume that his name will get less "hot" until next year and there might be better openings available then (e.g. Bears, Lions.. maybe Titans if they **** the bed).
How are the Bears better than the 49ers?

Badass.

Great to keep you Josh. Now let's go win a f#*ing Super Bowl!

If its true that because of the uncertainly of the situation he was unwilling to put his wife and small children through that level of risk and uproot their lives for his professional goals, I have a tremendous about of respect for JMD as a person. Thats a pretty unselfish thing to do. Hes a mans man.

At the end of the day, happiness of the family is THE most important thing.

Alright, now he can quit messing around with this and focus on a good game plan!

Word on the street is the 49ers are real high on Tom "Beats Anybody From His Significant Other To His Coaching Assistants" Cable. It's down to Shanahan (arguably should have been the first HC candidate off the board) and Cable and there's a real chance they pick Cable.

Wow, Jed York is one of the dumbest people on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back