PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JOSH IS STAYING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone pointed out elsewhere in this thread, because of the Rooney Rule it is probably NFL-illegal to give any written/contractual assurance since teams are required to interview minorities before hiring HCs. If you were to bindingly promise to hire X as HC you are by definition violating the Rule unless X is a minority.

Is the Rooney Rule an actual rule in writing or just an unwritten one?

I am pretty shocked that McDaniels changed his mind and turned down the HC job. Unless they weren't giving him full control over there in Indy?
Maybe Kraft gave Josh a *winkwink* assurance but that doesn't hold much water to me. Promises are broken all the time in business when they aren't written down on paper.

Well it looks like the Pats maintain their offensive continuity.
And if the Superbowl was any sign... maybe we needed to change our defensive continuity :p

Dungy does have a point. I’d to have to quit my job to take another one only to find out the new job isn’t there any more.

I understand your point and agree with it generally.

I think we're nearing the point where it'd be useful to actually have facts in this situation before making the kind of statement Dungy did. For instance, can we identify the assistant coaches who, apparently, are left blowing in the wind after this all imploded? Are any of them actually worse off?

I'd also like to know the likely unknowable truth of what the Colts were saying to staffers they were bringing on board about McDaniels. Was it openly known that they hadn't actually signed a contract with McDaniels, but were operating on the assumption that he would sign on Wednesday? What was McDaniels saying to those assistants? Was he recruiting them?

Missed it by that much, Jim m'boy......................

Attachments

• star-trek-william-shatner.jpg
    star-trek-william-shatner.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 2
So does Judge stay as special teams coach then????

Is the Rooney Rule an actual rule in writing or just an unwritten one?
Given that teams can be (and I believe have been) fined for violating it, I have to believe it's a real rule.

Were just making sure people hate him so that he can be the next coach

To his credit he never bashed Josh.
He said Josh is a good coach and wished him the best
However he basically said Luck is nowhere near being ready and said the Colts arent about one guy they are a team.
Not sounding good for Luck.
He confirmed Josh never spoke with or asked to speak with Luck

I dunno why but i have a feeling Chris Ballard is going to make the Colts a good team again.

I just get a vibe he's calm, cool and collected and is the opposite of Grigson.

I dunno why but i have a feeling Chris Ballard is going to make the Colts a good team again.

I liked him too.
His answers to me could be construed as Luck will play but pray to God no hits to the shoulder or luck may throw again but will make Peyton Manning's ducks look like Dan Marino Missiles.

Simple. You dont announce until they have signed on the dotted line. NOTHING is definite.

Maybe some people enjoy and know their own limit. Maybe he is fine in a comfortable role on very good money. If you keep moving up at some point you may be in too deep. Maybe quality of life is more important than striving

Simple. You dont announce until they have signed on the dotted line. NOTHING is definite.
Agree but its the Dolts we are talking about here....

Agree.

Its not hard to improve over Grigson.

I don't know much about Ballard (he and BB have mutual connections) but if its true he reached out to BB and asked if he was interested in doing business and he could trust him and BB took him up on it, that speaks to his maturity and level of professionalism.

Are the Colts going to put up an “almost signed McDaniels” banner now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back