JOSH IS STAYING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breer did some speculating, and laid it out sort of like this:

McDaniels stays on a long term deal
BB basically shows McDaniels "everything"
McDaniels gets to groom the Brady successor
McDaniels eventually takes over for BB
BB's kids get a better shot at job security once he retires, because McDaniels is the coach
Jonathan eventually takes over for Robert
The new crew becomes McDaniels, Caserio, J. Kraft, QBOTF, with BB's kids still (theoretically) around

Just about the best case scenerio for all involved, including the New England fan base.

McDaniels reputation is destroyed...is this really the guy we want as our next head coach when B.B. retires? I mean I could see players purposely not signing with New England to avoid playing with McDaniels...the man is the most hated coach in the league

Do we need anymore hate and negativity directed toward our team? We have enough as it is

lol who cares?

He is one of the best callers in the league, designs great routes and has the full confidence of Kraft, BB and Brady.

He is exactly who you want. The person that could go anywhere else but nukes his career to stay put here.

Breer did some speculating, and laid it out sort of like this:

McDaniels stays on a long term deal
BB basically shows McDaniels "everything"
McDaniels gets to groom the Brady successor
McDaniels eventually takes over for BB
BB's kids get a better shot at job security once he retires, because McDaniels is the coach
Jonathan eventually takes over for Robert
The new crew becomes McDaniels, Caserio, J. Kraft, QBOTF, with BB's kids still (theoretically) around
This is excellent for long term success.

McDaniels reputation is destroyed...is this really the guy we want as our next head coach when B.B. retires? I mean I could see players purposely not signing with New England to avoid playing with McDaniels...the man is the most hated coach in the league

Do we need anymore hate and negativity directed toward our team? We have enough as it is

McDaniels reputation will be fine. He's nowhere near the first coaching candidate to change his mind at the last minute.

This is the BB exit strategy in the works. He is gone, if not this year than definitely after next.

How is Josh’s reputation permanently damaged? Bill himself has changed his mind/backed out of things in the past. Do you think any of the 31 other franchises would choose NOT to sign him to a contract if he was available? I think we all know the answer.

As it screws Indy and makes them all angry and potentially causes that bum Irsay to take more coke, I am very happy at this news.

Rot in hell Indy. Or other words, just say in Indy.

Such a whiny ****y post.

Belichick told the jests at his introductory press conference to f**k off and bolted for the Pats.
Belichick's reputation continually has been attacked and is considered bad by a lot
Belichick is the most hated head coach in the league.

McDaniels is absolutely the right guy to take over for Belichick.... And the best part is he did it to the F**KING COLTS HAHAHA. Belichick did it to the jests and McDaniels to the dolts. Pats top 2 hated rivals. LOVE IT.

McDaniels agent dropped him. Understandable with whats going on.

How is Josh’s reputation permanently damaged? Bill himself has changed his mind/backed out of things in the past. Do you think any of the 31 other franchises would choose NOT to sign him to a contract if he was available? I think we all know the answer.

The only real issue is about the assistant coaches, who would be very much in the right to be pissed.

McDaniels agent dropped him. Understandable with whats going on.
Let me get this straight since I'm confused. Word leaks out last week that Josh is having second thoughts about taking the Colts job. After meetings with Irsay, Kraft, BB and others, Josh decides to back out and his agent claims the first he knew that Josh was hesitant about the job was last night? This is nothing but CYA by this foolish agent who mucked everything up.

The only real issue is about the assistant coaches, who would be very much in the right to be pissed.
They can be pissed but they knew Josh hadn't committed and they had the opportunity to read about Josh's hesitance regarding the job. Word was leaking out last week.

lol his agent dropping him to try to get a little bit of press. F**k does McDaniels need an agent for now? Kraft just went to him and said "Job is yours when Bill is done, name your price"

Hey McDaniels former agent nice job waving your agent fee cut of his new contract

4a4.gif

McDaniels reputation is destroyed...

I mean I could see players purposely not signing with New England to avoid playing with McDaniels...

Players are not going to give two ****s about any hard feelings between the Colts front office and Josh McDaniels.

Players will want to know...

-how well they will be paid & long-term security
-what their role will be
-how successful the team might be

A few might want a buddy as their coaches, to be coddled, and to be told they're great.

Those guys can go elsewhere.

When BB held his "peace out" presser on 1/3/00, he was mocked by those in the media. Woody Johnson, if I remember correctly, took the mic and said BB clearly had mental issues. BB was considered poison to everyone, except Kraft. It's worked out pretty good. I could care less if McDaniels has a crap reputation. Can he coach The Patriots effectively? Based on what I am reading, he's going to be given the keys to the kingdom, and the knowledge of what to do with it.

Bring on all the hate and negativity. Eff em all. I am quite happy being a Pats fan.

The only real issue is about the assistant coaches, who would be very much in the right to be pissed...

at the Colts, for jumping the gun and building a staff before they had a head coach under contract.

Did they do that to shame Josh into going there? It seems plausible.

Such a whiny ***** post.

Belichick told the jests at his introductory press conference to f**k off and bolted for the Pats

That was rather different. NE had an opening and it was known Kraft wanted BB. So Parcells did a sham resignation from the HC position (he was going to continue to have both hands in the pie) to activate the preexisting-for-years clause that made BB HC of the NYJ, blocking BB from going to NE.

That's way, way different from McDaniels actively seeking the job, getting it, and then backing out at the last second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back