PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon wants out of Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AdamSchefter Josh Gordon's potential reinstatement will be delayed until NFL feels comfortable he has 60-90 days of no red-flag tests, per league source.

@AdamSchefter
So if all goes well and if Josh Gordon stays clean - big ifs - he could be reinstated to play the 2016 season.

I may be in the minority, but I'd still trade a 2017 6th or 7th rounder in June and bring this guy to camp. There is almost no way Cleveland keeps him now and the talent is worth the cheap gamble.

Last edited:
@AdamSchefter Josh Gordon's potential reinstatement will be delayed until NFL feels comfortable he has 60-90 days of no red-flag tests, per league source.

@AdamSchefter
So if all goes well and if Josh Gordon stays clean - big ifs - he could be reinstated to play the 2016 season.

I may be in the minority, but I'd still trade a 2017 6th or 7th rounder in June and bring this guy to camp. There is almost no way Cleveland keeps him now and the talent is worth the cheap gamble.

I'd trade a conditional 2018 7th rounder.

the conditions If he doesn't get suspended for two years you get the pick, otherwise you get nothing

I'm so confused. Now suddenly, the NFL decided another failed test is no big deal?
Marijuana not alcohol? Idk.

This is what happens when you make the rules up as you go along.

Can we lets this thread die now enough is enough I was willing to give Josh the benefit of the Doubt I think his NFL career is officially over and hopefully this thread too. Lets go Aaron Dropson!

Flash to patriots dream still not over lol
I hope browns look to move on after this with him begin to risky.

If the browns do move on i think the asking price could be low now

I'm so confused. Now suddenly, the NFL decided another failed test is no big deal?

Yeah, I don't get this at all. He failed a drug test and gets suspended for a year. Then he fails another test and just has to go a few months without failing another and he can come back? What the heck is going on here?

@AdamSchefter

A conditional 6th or 7th is a reasonable level of risk for a player like this, but anything higher than that is a reckless gamble in my opinion

His young career hangs in the balance because of substance abuse, and with his last window of opportunity to get back into the league he's diluting urine tests and hanging out with JOHNNY MANZIEL!

The red flags on this guy are off the charts, and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior

why do people keep talking about this piece of garbage?

he has no business being on the pats

Assuming he does make it back, I'd toss Cleveland a conditional 2017 5th with the condition being he does not fail another test in the next year, and let them wash their hands of him. Then he can move here and Bill will tell him to leave Money Manziel behind, unless Manziel is ready for some tough love too.

(TBH I wouldn't mind seeing what McDaniels would do in training camp/preseason with a guy like Manziel, but we all know that would never ever happen.)

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
A conditional 6th or 7th is a reasonable level of risk for a player like this, but anything higher than that is a reckless gamble in my opinion

His young career hangs in the balance because of substance abuse, and with his last window of opportunity to get back into the league he's diluting urine tests and hanging out with JOHNNY MANZIEL!

The red flags on this guy are off the charts, and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior

I agree. Failing another test is pure stupidity. The asking price is so low for such high upside at this point that it's worth looking into.

@ESPNCleveland Grossi: I would not get rid of Josh Gordon. There is a chance he gets reinstated and then you can trade him. The #Browns can cut him now.

Blount for a 7th rounder and Demps was a cheap gamble that paid off. He was a disgruntled backup RB and we still took a flier on him.

Assuming he does make it back, I'd toss Cleveland a conditional 2017 5th with the condition being he does not fail another test in the next year, and let them wash their hands of him. Then he can move here and Bill will tell him to leave Money Manziel behind, unless Manziel is ready for some tough love too.

(TBH I wouldn't mind seeing what McDaniels would do in training camp/preseason with a guy like Manziel, but we all know that would never ever happen.)

Other than cocaine I can't think of anything anyone would do with Manziel.

Its no big deal, because the league wants to see him traded to the Patriots. Then when he inevitably fails another drug test the league can suspend him and strip the Patriots of their 2017 first round draft pick. :cool:

Its no big deal, because the league wants to see him traded to the Patriots. Then when he inevitably fails another drug test the league can suspend him and strip the Patriots of their 2017 first round draft pick. :cool:

"...more probably than not knew of the player's tendency to violate policy"

Marijuana policy reminds me a story my friend told me when a shipyard tried to drug test his dad, told them if they want to regulate his life then they need to pay him 24/7 and "I don't think you want to do that!" Needless to say, he didn't end up getting drug tested lol.

Now I heard he's been denied reinstatement and has to do this whole process all over again in August??

So he is not living with Manziel. Is the media making this up again to create a story.

This recent acknowledgement by the NFL is a response it should of fricken made when the test he had when he was on the plane and not a indefinite ban.

I'm sure that smoking weed is widespread in the league and personally, I don't think that it's a big deal. But regardless, Gordon getting caught repeatedly is more of an indictment of his stupidity than whether he's a bad guy. He's probably too much of a risk to want to bring him to NE, but let's not put him in the company of "real" garbage like Greg Hardy.

I must admit to still being influenced by Gordon's performance where he absolutely b!tchslapped Aqib Talib a couple seasons ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents