PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jordan Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats will head into the draft with two picks between 30 - 40 and a roster that will presumably be pretty close to complete.

I see SS as an easy draft call. Richards might be the most improvable player on the field right now, and Chung is our oldest defensive starter.

He's cheap as chips.......... whoever we replace him with likely costs more.

That's about it.

Richards was just about the biggest shock coming out of the final 53 announcements as having survived the cuts. He's been horrible for 2 years. He was horrible in camp. And BB's obsession with having a zillion coverage backs to match the modern game has just about gotten the better of him here. Richards' is completely useless.
Not completely disagreeing with you here . . . just wanted to point out that he was actually really awesome when camp started. There were many accounts of how well he was playing, and I think he even picked Brady in something like three straight practices. Then he remembered who he is . . . LOL

The Pats will head into the draft with two picks between 30 - 40 and a roster that will presumably be pretty close to complete.

I see SS as an easy draft call. Richards might be the most improvable player on the field right now, and Chung is our oldest defensive starter.

BB take a safety in the 2nd round... :oops:

Imagine if we drafted Richards toward the end of the draft, and double dipped on Danielle Hunter and Trey Flowers instead of Flowers/Grissom. Think that would help the front 7?

Hindsight rant over. :p
David Johnson went after Richards. Overall 2015 was a good draft for us. We came away with Flowers, Mason, Brown, Andrews, and Cardona.

I think Tavon has been a starter ever since he left - he could not have been that bad while here.

It looked to me like Rowe was picked, and I also think McCourty was involved in that missed sideline tackle of Schuster. Why does everyone pile on Richards and no-one mentions McCourty?

I think he fills the quota of guys on the team with 2 first names, outside of that I cant think of much else that wasnt already mentioned.

I like Kyzir White. Very athletic. Plays safety, corner, and linebacker. Big frame (6025
215). Best of all, he sees what he hits. Wrap up tackler who is also a heavy hitter. It's like watching a throwback player. Very few kill shots, but he jolts players on contact.

Downside: Only a two year starter. Not a lot of ball production. Oh, and he's Kevin White's brother, so that probably works against him. :p

This guy is going to make me body slam my TV through the glass coffee table at some point.
First he missed the head on sack against the Dolphins, almost certainly was blowing coverages last night and he wasn't far from a potentially killer unnecessary roughness.

He is trash, plain and simple.

He keeps track of where the damning pics of Belichick with farm animals are and threatens to use them if he’s cut.

Yes, I postulated elsewhere that he is the current holder of the Walter Portfolio.

It makes me want to cry.
Imagine if we drafted Richards toward the end of the draft, and double dipped on Danielle Hunter and Trey Flowers instead of Flowers/Grissom. Think that would help the front 7?

Hindsight rant over. :p

David Johnson went after Richards. Overall 2015 was a good draft for us. We came away with Flowers, Mason, Brown, Andrews, and Cardona.
I'll give you Flowers and Mason Brown is solid but not a great player we are averaging giving up 5yds a carry now that could be the fault of the scheme not giving up big plays but Brown is kind of a jag.
Compared to other D lineman taken in the 1st round.

I think Tavon has been a starter ever since he left - he could not have been that bad while here.

It looked to me like Rowe was picked, and I also think McCourty was involved in that missed sideline tackle of Schuster. Why does everyone pile on Richards and no-one mentions McCourty?

Need more of an answer ?

Need more of an answer ?

McCourty is right there too. Your pic is after Schuster past McCourty. Can't cherry pick the pic, just like we should not cherry pick text messsges, does not tell the whole story. Please look at the whole play. I think McCourty missed Schuster just like Richards did.

He is gone from a bad player to a liability, I expect other teams to exploit his weakness, imagine if we lose the game yesterday and 1st seed because of that play. We lost the 1st seed on a muffed punt 2 years ago and that cost a Lombardi. I will never forgive BB for that as I saw that coming, that dude was not reliable fielding punts, a rookie playing in the snow, that was a recipe for a disaster.

I mentioned yesterday to cut him but I was obviously joking, you don't cut a player at this moment in the season when your defense is already banged up and missing pieces after all he knows the system, you can't pick a better option on the streets but cutting him in the off season must be one of the first items on the To-Do list.

McCourty is right there too. Your pic is after Schuster past McCourty. Can't cherry pick the pic, just like we should not cherry pick text messsges, does not tell the whole story. Please look at the whole play. I think McCourty missed Schuster just like Richards did.

Jesus. You have Richards RIGHT IN FRONT ON HIM while DMac is coming from the middle of the field, past Bell (who pretended for a second to block him) and is about to push Schuster out of the field when Richards takes him out of bounds. You can even see DMacs arm on Schuster just as he is essentially running into Richards on the second picture.

Should DMac have eyes in the back of his skull to know that Richards is about to tackle him instead of Schuster or what is your point ?

There is no cherry picking going on but hard facts. The entire thing is on Rowe and Richards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes