PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonathan Martin loses his mind! Post threats to his high school & Incognito

Ultimately, if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty of it, they want to ban all guns but won’t come right out and say it.

I've never met anyone with that opinion, ever.

Back on the topic of Jonathan Martin, how violated are our freedoms if mentally ill people cannot buy AR-15s with high-capacity magazines and bump stops?

That would be horrendous, right?

Mentally ill people have every right to go people hunting, right?

I've never met anyone with that opinion, ever.

Back on the topic of Jonathan Martin, how violated are our freedoms if mentally ill people cannot buy AR-15s with high-capacity magazines and bump stops?

That would be horrendous, right?

Mentally ill people have every right to go people hunting, right?

Well now you’re talking about two different things. Limiting people with mental illness from purchasing a weapon is quite different from outright banning the weapon. I don’t think you’ll find many people that disagree with you on that. The problem, of course, is there is no real way to keep guns out of their hands. If it’s not an AR-15, it’ll be another gun. That leads me back to my original point. If you boil it down, people that want a weapon outright banned just aren’t about banning that one gun. They’re ultimately about banning them all. That’s why if you were to discuss the issue with anyone on the PoFo, the argument would ultimately lead to the countries in Europe that have done so and their homicide rates there. Those people just don’t want to come right out and say it.

Home made explosives are banned as well, but don’t tell that to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. The problem with banning certain types of weapons is that the people behind that idea aren’t really all about just banning that one gun. Ultimately, if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty of it, they want to ban all guns but won’t come right out and say it. Further, how do you propose to collect them from the people that purchased them legally, such as myself? You going to send the police or military door to door to do it? How do you propose to keep them out of the hands of felons?
it will be nothing more than a stop gap, feel good that we are doing something, a knee jerk response, if you will . if crazy wants to kill they will find a way,

it will be nothing more than a stop gap, feel good that we are doing something, a knee jerk response, if you will . if crazy wants to kill they will find a way,
The “BAN DA GUNZ” logic fails to address the real problem at every single level.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back