PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonah Williams wants out of Cinn. He wants to stay at LT and Orlando Brown does too.

Cousins ,
If Williams wants out and we would want his services, there might be a solution. This might involve the Broncos too. The Broncos are rumored to want another piece besides a second rounder and are in the market for veteran OL help.
See if the Bengals take a 3rd and a 4th for Williams, Send our second round #46 to the Broncos with Trent Brown for Jerry Jeudy. Brown has a healthy CAP number to aleviate the Willimas number. Now trade down from #14 and pick up a late first like#29 from the Saints plus their #50 in the 2nd (trade numbers work) and you are back in business with two starters.

Just a thought.
DW Toys
Can't do it, Toys. Going from having our pick of one of the top 3 CB's, WR's or OT's, to once again hope and dream to get lucky and pick a gem from the 2nd round talent pool that is the bottom 4 picks of the first round AGAIN, to pick up a LT with very conflicting stats and a clearly a good WR we HOPE is rising is just too much.

I'd give our second to Denver only because BCG's high regard for him. But that 2nd AND a starting grade LT who might be better than the guy you are targeting doesn't make sense to me.

I would like this trade if we could make it work for a mid round pick or two. A younger upgrade over Trent Brown imo and would allow us to either trade or release him - largely saving the money we would spend on Williams. It would also hopefully allow us to ignore OT in the 1st round and look at an impact skill player or CB.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back