PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Injury News JOEJUAN OUT FOR THE YEAR

It's actually the most important way to build a team. Bad drafts killing good/contending teams are undefeated.
I didn't argue that the draft was not important, I did argue that it isn't the only way to build a team.

If you don't agree, take the last several SB champions, make them play with just their own draft picks, see what happens.

If you say bad drafts kill good/contending teams, well yes, that's what is supposed to happen. You get good, your draft position drops, it gets harder to build via the draft. If you can do better than expectation while having bad draft position of course you're at an advantage. The fact we've been good over twenty plus years shows we aren't as bad at team building as some here like to suggest, but that doesn't fit their desire to be snarky so the butt hurt rolls on.

So many times here I read "but he's a 1st rounder!" as if picking late in the round is the same as picking top five...

You mention the impact of bad drafts, what about the impact of successive bad FA acquisitions? For instance, da Jete signing an aging Revis for top dollars knowing he was on the way down, signing LeVeon Bell for massive dollars at the RB position, who had just sat out a season so clearly wasn't going to be a great asset in the locker room? Keeps the team at the bottom of the standings, makes it so other FAs don't want to come or need to be overpaid to play for them.

Yea I might not even post it bc both squads will be out in full effect by page two. I just think it's useful for other reasons (trends towards positions or schools for example) besides the obvious. Plus I think it's pretty good to talk about value and the best way to use those picks. Whether it's trading up for a surer thing or estabished current player. That discussion has become a lot more interesting imo.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing your analysis. And probably 1 in 4 responses to it.

The way I look at it and why I'll continue to be critical is.... I don't think Belichick looks at guys he drafted that don't make it and just chalks it up to 'bad luck'. He would be just as critical of himself.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back