PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Judge clashed with receivers in 2019....

We're talking ROOKIE SEASONS... not the two subsequent seasons with a complete loser for a head coach driving the offense into the ground.

Take every rookie start for Daniel Jones and Mac Jones and rank them... the top 5:

DJ... 132.1 passer rating, 352 passing yards, 5 passing TDs, 0 INTs
DJ... 112.7 passer rating, 336 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, 0 INTs, 2 rushing TDs
DJ... 124.2 passer rating, 322 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 0 INTs
DJ... 121.7 passer rating, 308 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 0 INTs
MJ...142.1 passer rating, 198 passing yards, 3 passing TDs, 0 INTs

DJ has 4 of the top 5... also in MJ's game his backup had a perfect passer rating with another TD. At his best DJ showed more talent than MJ in their rookie seasons. That NYG is not picking up the 5th year option on a completely demoralized quarterback doesn't mean anything other than NYG made a gigantic mistake putting their young franchise quarterback in the hands of a total incompetent. The same clown now working with Mac Jones in some unclear capacity.

I'm a fool?? You want to ignore TDs! The Patriots beat a lot of horrible and/or decimated teams this past season as well and they finished out a very ugly 1-4... you're apparently leaving that out of your "thoughtful analysis."
One of the reasons that I predicted a drop in the Pats win totals this year is because they're playing a much more difficult schedule. Excluding the games against the AFCE, and using last year's final rankings, the average rank of the other 11 Pats opponents this year is 16, even with the pitiful NFCN on their schedule and a poorly ranked Ravens team due to injuries. Last year's ranking was 18.3.

Yes you are a fool. You are arguing that the guy who was 3-9 was better because the guy who was 10-7 beat some bad teams. Remarkable.

Seems you missed a bunch of Macs games in your little ranking system.
The Pats played an easier schedule last year than NY, but not 7 games easier.

Yes you are a fool. You are arguing that the guy who was 3-9 was better because the guy who was 10-7 beat some bad teams. Remarkable.

Seems you missed a bunch of Macs games in your little ranking system.
Now you're throwing out all of the quarterbacking stats and going exclusively with team wins/losses? Trent Dilfer was 11-1 with the Super Bowl winning 2000 Ravens team... did that record make him the best quarterback in the NFL? He had the highest winning percentage. Do you remember Jim Miller? He was 11-2 with the Bears in 2001... only Kurt Warner had a better winning percentage. Jay Fiedler won 11 games in 2001. Marc Bulger won 12 games in 2003. There are many examples of bad quarterbacks with winning records on otherwise good teams. Obviously the records don't always directly correlate with the level of quarterback play. Look at Murray's rookie season in 2019, Arizona won 5 games, but Murray won Offensive Rookie of the Year and displayed much of his potential. Likewise DJ had some terrific games in his rookie season despite the poor record.

You say I missed a "bunch" of Mac's games?... I went through the entire game logs of DJ and MJ and those were the 5 with the best quarterback numbers. Like which Mac games would replace any of those of DJ's best? The worst of the bunch... 121.7 passer rating, 308 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 0 INTs... is better than any one game of Mac's who had only 2 games of barely 300+ passing yards but had only 2 TD's in either. Mac had 2 games with 3 TD's but had paltry passing totals of 198 and 227. That 5 game ranking is fair and DJ has 4 of the top 5 pretty easily in fact.

Now you're throwing out all of the quarterbacking stats and going exclusively with team wins/losses? Trent Dilfer was 11-1 with the Super Bowl winning 2000 Ravens team... did that record make him the best quarterback in the NFL? He had the highest winning percentage. Do you remember Jim Miller? He was 11-2 with the Bears in 2001... only Kurt Warner had a better winning percentage. Jay Fiedler won 11 games in 2001. Marc Bulger won 12 games in 2003. There are many examples of bad quarterbacks with winning records on otherwise good teams. Obviously the records don't always directly correlate with the level of quarterback play. Look at Murray's rookie season in 2019, Arizona won 5 games, but Murray won Offensive Rookie of the Year and displayed much of his potential. Likewise DJ had some terrific games in his rookie season despite the poor record.

You say I missed a "bunch" of Mac's games?... I went through the entire game logs of DJ and MJ and those were the 5 with the best quarterback numbers. Like which Mac games would replace any of those of DJ's best? The worst of the bunch... 121.7 passer rating, 308 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 0 INTs... is better than any one game of Mac's who had only 2 games of barely 300+ passing yards but had only 2 TD's in either. Mac had 2 games with 3 TD's but had paltry passing totals of 198 and 227. That 5 game ranking is fair and DJ has 4 of the top 5 pretty easily in fact.
When did I “throw out everything”? You are google eyed over a couple of decent games in a mediocre season that amounted to 3 wins.
Do they okay to get stats or to win?

Jones had numerous games you left out, including the Tennessee game, the Jacksonville game to name a few. I keep forgetting that if you blow the other team out and don’t get garbage time stats in a loss you aren’t a good QB. I guess I need to study up on fantasy football huh?

When did I “throw out everything”? You are google eyed over a couple of decent games in a mediocre season that amounted to 3 wins.
Do they okay to get stats or to win?
I'm doing you a favor by marginalizing wins because Mac's win/loss record bit the dust when it counted most.

The whole point here is looking at the quarterback play, which doesn't always correlate with wins and losses. It's not just a "couple" of games either, you're cutting my number in half, I pointed out 4 games in which DJ played extremely well.

Jones had numerous games you left out, including the Tennessee game, the Jacksonville game to name a few. I keep forgetting that if you blow the other team out and don’t get garbage time stats in a loss you aren’t a good QB. I guess I need to study up on fantasy football huh?
Right, Tennessee and Jacksonville, both games I already mentioned, and both were good games for MJ, but neither were better than DJ's best 4 games of his rookie season.

You tell me, which of these are the 4 best overall?... it's listed by the top 4 of each per passing rating.

132.1 passer rating, 352 passing yards, 5 passing TDs, 0 INTs
124.2 passer rating, 322 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 0 INTs
121.7 passer rating, 308 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 0 INTs
112.7 passer rating, 336 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, 0 INTs, 2 rushing TDs
142.1 passer rating, 198 passing yards, 3 passing TDs, 0 INTs
128.1 passer rating, 227 passing yards, 3 passing TDs, 0 INTs
123.2 passer rating, 310 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, 0 INTs
118.9 passer rating, 229 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, 1 INT

I'm doing you a favor by marginalizing wins because Mac's win/loss record bit the dust when it counted most.

The whole point here is looking at the quarterback play, which doesn't always correlate with wins and losses. It's not just a "couple" of games either, you're cutting my number in half, I pointed out 4 games in which DJ played extremely well.

Right, Tennessee and Jacksonville, both games I already mentioned, and both were good games for MJ, but neither were better than DJ's best 4 games of his rookie season.

You tell me, which of these are the 4 best overall?... it's listed by the top 4 of each per passing rating.

132.1 passer rating, 352 passing yards, 5 passing TDs, 0 INTs
124.2 passer rating, 322 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 0 INTs
121.7 passer rating, 308 passing yards, 4 passing TDs, 0 INTs
112.7 passer rating, 336 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, 0 INTs, 2 rushing TDs
142.1 passer rating, 198 passing yards, 3 passing TDs, 0 INTs
128.1 passer rating, 227 passing yards, 3 passing TDs, 0 INTs
123.2 passer rating, 310 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, 0 INTs
118.9 passer rating, 229 passing yards, 2 passing TDs, 1 INT
I don’t play fantasy football, I follow real football.
Mac played significantly, clearly and demonstrably better last year than Daniel Jones has in any season.
You are choosing to die on the hill of stupidity to make some kind of obscure point that isn’t even clear any longer.

When you score on every drive, it is definitely better than a stat line from a loss.
No mention of the Jones leading the Giants to 8 consecutive losses, huh?
He lost when it mattered and when he had already lost so many times than if didn’t any more.

Mac played significantly, clearly and demonstrably better last year than Daniel Jones has in any season.
No, he didn't. I'm sure you've watched every NFL start of Daniel Jones, right? Neither have I. So yes I'm referring numbers on a page. Numbers at their best which are clearly better than those of Mac Jones. He had 350 and 5 TD's in a game, that's clearly exceptional of any quarterback. I can't argue with you when your argument boils down to Mac played better because I said so and don't ask me to back it up.

No, he didn't. I'm sure you've watched every NFL start of Daniel Jones, right? Neither have I. So yes I'm referring numbers on a page. Numbers at their best which are clearly better than those of Mac Jones. He had 350 and 5 TD's in a game, that's clearly exceptional of any quarterback. I can't argue with you when your argument boils down to Mac played better because I said so and don't ask me to back it up.
Because im not arguing fantasy football. You can’t have watched those 2 players and draw the conclusion you wished to that you then went to find something to misuse to support it and actually think what you think.
But you have admitted you are making a football judgment without watching football so I guess we are done here unless you want to discuss your opinions on languages you don’t speak or something of that sort.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back