PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's skill position moves since 2018

The cap doesn't work that way. The cap is what matters on a year to year basis. There's a reason the Pats weren't able to sign any talented FA vets this season = the cap. They had too much cap money tied to receivers (top in the league). The offensive output results make that decision a colossal GM failure. It is what it is.
Further proof you don't understand math.

Agholor's cap hit for last year : $7m
Cap hit for this year: $15m.

They moved most of his money into this year giving him the appearance of being a $15m receiver. He's not. He's a $11m receiver.

Meyers does most of his damage when the MLB bites off of play action and he clears a zone. He gets erased by CB's in man to man. It's mind boggling posters want to see this guy re-signed. I hope Bill doesn't cave in a pay this guy which he may get $15M or more.
3/23-24. I can't see many if any teams giving him 15 per.

I mean when you have an ILB covering your WR#1 and bracketing your TE#1, what does that say about our skill players talent level. Makes it pretty easy for DCs to defend.

The coverage against Meyers had nothing to do with that, he was wide open when he turned back for it. Meyers, Stevenson and Thornton were all open in space, that play was on McDermott getting beat instantly

2e7bbca5051a4fae5c576df828ab5191.jpg

Play was most likely designed to get Stevenson open in space who only would have had to make 1 defender miss and it's either a TD or 1st and goal.

There is much to criticize Patricia on but this 1 isn't it. , This was all on a protection breakdown

"twitter all-22 analysts" lol

Further proof you don't understand math.

Agholor's cap hit for last year : $7m
Cap hit for this year: $15m.

They moved most of his money into this year giving him the appearance of being a $15m receiver. He's not. He's a $11m receiver.
As it relates to the cap, which is the ONLY thing that matters, Agholor this season is a $15M receiver.

Unless you think Bill can convince the NFL that he's really only an $11M receiver and to let him use the extra $4M this season. Your points are sheer nonsense.

The coverage against Meyers had nothing to do with that, he was wide open when he turned back for it. Meyers, Stevenson and Thornton were all open in space, that play was on McDermott getting beat instantly

View attachment 48050

Play was most likely designed to get Stevenson open in space who only would have had to make 1 defender miss and it's either a TD or 1st and goal.

There is much to criticize Patricia on but this 1 isn't it. , This was all on a protection breakdown

Meyers was Mac's 1st read. If he was wide open why didn't he throw him the ball. Your screen shot is taken after the play already breaks down and Mac is trying to get out of it.

3/23-24. I can't see many if any teams giving him 15 per.
Albert Breer predicted this around $7M per year and the board was offended by that. After looking again, $15M would be way too high and is a number that was floated around by posters. The lack of TD's among others things hurts him.

View attachment 48050

McDermott shouldn't be active under any circumstance might as well play without a RT.

Last edited:
Meyers was Mac's 1st read. If he was wide open why didn't he throw him the ball. Your screen shot is taken after the play already breaks down and Mac is trying to get out of it.

When Meyers looks back for the ball Jones already is having McDermott pushed into him. Meyers is open by 3 yards. That's probably a 1st down to Meyers if Jones would have had better protection

05cc8a63e3d957ba5022d4d5632c9bef.jpg

As it relates to the cap, which is the ONLY thing that matters, Agholor this season is a $15M receiver.

Unless you think Bill can convince the NFL that he's really only an $11M receiver and to let him use the extra $4M this season. Your points are sheer nonsense.
As usual, you're arguing something that no one else is arguing. Do we have the most expensive WR group in football? NO. Not even close. When you look at a WR, you look for his total guaranteed compensation and achievables.

It is absolutely mindless to say the Patriots are paying Agholor 2.5x more than the Dolphins are paying Tyreek Hill--but that's what you're essentially doing. Hill counts for $6m this year, Aghlor $15m. But what's their REAL compensation?

I'm sure you understand this but you're going to go on dissembling as you usually do, so I'll again do what I did in our last discussion: ignore your response. It's starting to become my habit.

When Meyers looks back for the ball Jones already is having McDermott pushed into him. Meyers is open by 3 yards. That's probably a 1st down to Meyers if Jones would have had better protection

05cc8a63e3d957ba5022d4d5632c9bef.jpg
Meyers ran really nice hitch off that formation he was open.

As usual, you're arguing something that no one else is arguing. Do we have the most expensive WR group in football? NO. Not even close. When you look at a WR, you look for his total guaranteed compensation and achievables.

It is absolutely mindless to say the Patriots are paying Agholor 2.5x more than the Dolphins are paying Tyreek Hill--but that's what you're essentially doing. Hill counts for $6m this year, Aghlor $15m. But what's their REAL compensation?

I'm sure you understand this but you're going to go on dissembling as you usually do, so I'll again do what I did in our last discussion: ignore your response. It's starting to become my habit.
You're ignoring the cap, which is all that matters during the league season. The more $$ you have tied up in one group, the less you have to spend in another group. The fact remains that the Patriots have the most expensive group of receivers (WR/TE) in the NFL. You can ignore it all you want but that's the way Bill the GM set it up.

In your example, the Dolphins moved Hill's compensation forward so they could spend more on their OL. I wish we would've done that.

Albert Breer predicted this around $7M per year and the board was offended by that. After looking again, $15M would be way too high and is a number that was floated around by posters. The lack of TD's among others things hurts him.
Yea I'd be very surprised if someone gave him 10+ but we've seen stranger things ourselves here.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back