PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Judge as a potential NFL Head Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anyone with half a brain who would be dumb enough to work for a meddling owner, no matter how big the Brinks truck is.
There's probably at the very least 60 OC's and DC's who would take the Cowboys coaching job right now if offered (not to mention the countless college HC's, other assistants, etc).
How many brilliant HC careers have been cut short or killed outright by a mediocre owner? Look at what's happening to Flores right now. You think he'll ever get another shot at being a HC?
What's happening to Flores right now? I have heard a lot of talk about how good of a job he is doing and that, even with a measly 3 wins, the Dolphins have outkicked the coverage.

If they draft right, they have a lot of potential down there.

Truthfully the only person I see coaching players on the sidelines in the middle of the game is Belichick...

Garrett has been the HC in Dallas for 10 years. If Jones were that much of an issue for him, he should have just left after 2015 when he signed an extension. Really, the performance on the field to me always comes down to players and coaching. If a team that is talented underperforms, that's on them and the coaching staff.

Truthfully the only person I see coaching players on the sidelines in the middle of the game is Belichick...

Garrett has been the HC in Dallas for 10 years. If Jones were that much of an issue for him, he should have just left after 2015 when he signed an extension. Really, the performance on the field to me always comes down to players and coaching. If a team that is talented underperforms, that's on them and the coaching staff.
LMFAO, so let me get this straight - you don’t think that Jerry Jones is not only the biggest problem to a perspective head coach, but that he isn’t a meddlesome, interfering owner? Because that’s what you’re arguing against even though there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. And many NFL coaches coach their players on the sidelines. Not just BB. Garrett doesn’t because he’s been neutered and isn’t HC material in the first place. He’s a yes man. Just what Jerry likes.

LMFAO, so let me get this straight - you don’t think that Jerry Jones is not only the biggest problem to a perspective head coach, but that he isn’t a meddlesome, interfering owner? Because that’s what you’re arguing against even though there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. And many NFL coaches coach their players on the sidelines. Not just BB. Garrett doesn’t because he’s been neutered and isn’t HC material in the first place. He’s a yes man. Just what Jerry likes.

We're arguing in circles here.

I never said Jones isn't a problem, and I never said he wasn't meddlesome. The exercise here is to evaluate which situation is better for prospective head coach - the Giants or Cowboys. I argued that it's a tough call given that Jones does meddle in Dallas and that the Giants currently have a talent issue. I also argued that if these are your only choices to become an HC, it would depend on how good you think Daniel Jones is. If you feel DJ is going to be a stud QB, you take the Giants job hands down. They have better ownership and will eventually acquire talented players to make them contenders. If you think DJ is going to be a bum, then if you sign with NYG you are stuck with him.

You think that it's a no brainer given that Jones and his son are meddlesome. Fine, I respect that. I just don't think it's that easy of a call.

We're arguing in circles here.

I never said Jones isn't a problem, and I never said he wasn't meddlesome. The exercise here is to evaluate which situation is better for prospective head coach - the Giants or Cowboys. I argued that it's a tough call given that Jones does meddle in Dallas and that the Giants currently have a talent issue. I also argued that if these are your only choices to become an HC, it would depend on how good you think Daniel Jones is. If you feel DJ is going to be a stud QB, you take the Giants job hands down. They have better ownership and will eventually acquire talented players to make them contenders. If you think DJ is going to be a bum, then if you sign with NYG you are stuck with him.

You think that it's a no brainer given that Jones and his son are meddlesome. Fine, I respect that. I just don't think it's that easy of a call.
It’s not a tough call at all. In one situation, you have a team that hasn’t won in 23 years who requires you to request permission from ownership if you make wind or have to take to dump. In the other, you have a team that has won two in the last 12 years and is stable. That’s a no-brainer.

I don't know - I read a quote from McGinest yesterday with an "inside" tidbit saying that Gisele actually really dislikes California, so I don't know how true the scenario ending up in California would be. I think if San Francisco was an option, that would be a different story for obvious reasons. But otherwise, it's tough to say.

Truthfully, I don't know of a scenario that really makes sense given the effect a move like that would have on his kids, which will obviously be the priority. I guess that's why I sort of think that if the Patriots manage to somehow win it all, retirement seems a more likely scenario. If not, then it's up to Brady to decide what he wants to do and I really don't have an idea of a scenario that makes sense at this point...at least in terms of uprooting their family for 2-3 years.

Yes, and she really likes Miami. People hate the idea and kill me every time I mention it but do believe it is a possibility.

Miami could use a first round pick on a QB and use Brady to let him sit for 3-5 years.

Truthfully, the Manning scenario in Denver was rare and he really, really got lucky with that defense (and he didn't even play a full season that year) because if you go back through and look at all the past older star QBs who finished their careers elsewhere, I can't think of too many of them where it ended with them closing out their careers on a high note.

Namath with the Rams, Favre with the Jets and Vikings, Bernie Kosar with Miami, Donovan McNabb with the Redskins and Vikings, and Johnny Unitas with the Chargers are all more likely precedents than Manning and the Broncos.

Namath with the Rams, Favre with the Jets and Vikings, Bernie Kosar with Miami, Donovan McNabb with the Redskins and Vikings, and Johnny Unitas with the Chargers are all more likely precedents than Manning and the Broncos.
Exactly...that's what I mean. Manning was a lucky anomaly, most players finish their careers just like the ones you just mentioned.

Exactly...that's what I mean. Manning was a lucky anomaly, most players finish their careers just like the ones you just mentioned.

Apologies if this was mentioned in the thread and I missed it: Montana, Brady's idol, finished with the Chiefs.

Apologies if this was mentioned in the thread and I missed it: Montana, Brady's idol, finished with the Chiefs.

Montana was pushed out by a better QB. The Montana comparison ended when Jimmy went to SF.

...Obviously McDaniels' name will likely come up again for interviews in the next few weeks, but it will be interesting to see if Judge potentially also gets an opportunity...
Right, because he's doing one heckuva kick-ass job in his new gig (in addition to STC) as...
...WR coach...

Last edited:
Especially at age 43, Brady will not be "plug-and-play" with a new team without McDaniels. I just can't see him willing to learn a new system elsewhere and adapt to personnel -- players and coaches -- not tailor made to fit him.
MIA can accomplish a system made for Brady.

I don't know. They have been playing better. They will have 2 firsts and 2 seconds in the 2020 draft as well as $80M in cap space. Also, they could trade one of the acquired 2021 HOU picks (1st and 2nd) for a player.
=========
Also, Brady should be fine working with Chad O'Shea, the MIA OC.

Maybe, but they're not playoff-ready even with him.

Isn't MIA just as good a choice for a massage parlor?

If Brady leaves, wherever he goes must include a signature TB12 massage parlor.

The LA market is ripe with suckers.... I mean potential clients looking for new avocado recipes and $150 foam pads

Montana was pushed out by a better QB. The Montana comparison ended when Jimmy went to SF.

My point was simply that he didn’t finish in SF.

Right, because he's doing one heckuva kick-ass job in his new gig (in addition to STC) as...
...WR coach...

If he’s the guy responsible for drafting wide receivers he should be fired immediately, not promoted

If he’s the guy responsible for drafting wide receivers he should be fired immediately, not promoted
I doubt that Judge has/had much if anything to do with the WRs drafted/signed here, Harryet & Meyers included...My problem is that he has Zero experience coaching WRs at Any level, nor did he play the position at high school or college...he is also the Only man in the league who is both STs Coordinator and a position coach, and his new gig has been a complete disaster...but I don't really blame him as much as I blame the "genius"(snicker) who hired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST