PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get the Buck hate. Guy is the best at his craft, has a great voice and is always impartial and unbiased (which he gets the most flack for, oddly enough).

I’d take Buck all day, every day over Al Michaels or Jim Nance.

Would you wear is hair plugs as well?

Yeah, Former 'Voice of the Jets' comes through very obviously when Eagle is doing the Jets game. The fact he's teamed with Fouts makes him sound amazing in comparison.
How Fouts somehow is able to keep that job is what I want to know. He always sounds like he's analyzing games from his living room couch after a couple beers.

Last edited:
IMO, Kevin Harlan can do radio or TV, preseason or playoff football, and informs his audience with clarity and style. He's a National Treasure!
Harlan’s content is great, but he is hard for me to listen to. He has a weird cadence, has to pause after every few words or every sentence. It is distinctive, but a little irritating to me.

The only reason I can tolerate Joe Buck in the booth, is that Troy Aikman does most of the talking there.

I'd actually like to see both Aikman and Romo do a game together. Might be really good.
No offense Gweed, But the sight , sound of Aikman makes me wretch.

He's a pompous, jealous, Richard Cranium.

Sorry, I just don't like him.

He’s explained why he overreacted with that incident. It was because he thought Moss literally took his pants down. Given his pants are bright white, I find his excuse hard to believe. I always found his reaction during that celebration the most bizarre for a play by play announcer.
Ahhh!! You listen to Howard too.

No offense Gweed, But the sight , sound of Aikman makes me wretch.

He's a pompous, jealous, Richard Cranium.

Sorry, I just don't like him.

No problem, brother. It's perfectly acceptable to like/dislike someone. Me, I can tolerate him, though I'd prefer Tony Romo and someone else in the booth.

By the way, it's Gwedd, not Gweed. :)

I'm convinced that Aikman is a robot.

His personality is like dirt and I can't recall him saying anything humorous.
My broham, the penultimate Cowboys fan, can't stand TA.

What does the man’s personal appearance have to do with calling a football game?

I don't think you're aware of his history with hair plugs. I suppose it's not really a laughing matter but it's also pretty funny.

I don't think you're aware of his history with hair plugs. I suppose it's not really a laughing matter but it's also pretty funny.
Yeah I’m familiar with it. Got so many he messed up his vocal cords for awhile.

No problem, brother. It's perfectly acceptable to like/dislike someone. Me, I can tolerate him, though I'd prefer Tony Romo and someone else in the booth.

By the way, it's Gwedd, not Gweed. :)
Sorry about that. Damn auto spell on these phones.

... Come to think of it, gweed sounds so much more demeaning;)

I'm convinced that Aikman is a robot.

His personality is like dirt and I can't recall him saying anything humorous.
He's not a robot. He's had exactly one human reaction ever:

Joe Buck should not be calling football, period. He's a stick-and-ball announcer.
That skinny-headed ego centric sob sucks at announcing football, period.

I could be more blunt, but I’m a reserved poster

If Joe Buck's disproportioned head leans too far left or too far right, he tips over.
Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back