PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy's Value

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been all for trading Garoppolo, but man, with the way he's playing right now, you gotta think he has a real chance to replace Brady in a few years.

He plays like this hes worth 3 1s

I'll just say so far, I don't think you can HAVE a higher value-through-4-games than Jimmy G appears to have -- once again THUS FAR. But do you really give up a 1?

(Gallo, understand you might trade a 1, say if you have the 10th pick in the draft for NE's 32nd pick or whatever... also understand the team with pick #31 might give it up. It just seems like we love to come up with terms of trades with other Pats fans. I dunno. Like I said, starting to believe...)

End of Q1, 12/15, 177, 2TDs, 1 INT

Okay okay we know who our starter is... we going to get a look at Brissett by the end of this one? LOL

I'll just say so far, I don't think you can HAVE a higher value-through-4-games than Jimmy G appears to have -- once again THUS FAR. But do you really give up a 1?

(Gallo, understand you might trade a 1, say if you have the 10th pick in the draft for NE's 32nd pick or whatever... also understand the team with pick #31 might give it up. It just seems like we love to come up with terms of trades with other Pats fans. I dunno. Like I said, starting to believe...)

End of Q1, 12/15, 177, 2TDs, 1 INT

Okay okay we know who our starter is... we going to get a look at Brissett by the end of this one? LOL
Where did you get the INT from? Not from the game...

Where did you get the INT from? Not from the game...

Brain fart, shoulda typed 0 INT

(almost typed "9" INT) in correcting it

Garroppolo getting hurt badly on a standard hit is one of the main reasons why you trade him off to the highest bidder when Brady gets back.

I am so sick of these trade ideas. How do we know that brady will be effective next
year. One big hit and could be over for tommy.

Tebow is out there....ready to put baseball into the cupboard for a few weeks.

Do any of you out there much more knowledgeable than I have any idea what free agent QBs BB could bring in to back up Brisette?

Oh--here's a cool stat too: we're even up on turnovers now, at -2 last week.

No need to ship Jimmy out of town, the kid is just getting warm up.

Either you sign Jimmy to be Tom's successor, or you get 2 firsts and a second for him.

Literally every one of you who wants to trade Brady are worse than Goodell.

I'd rather go 1-15 with Brady ending his career with us than trading Brady off because you got a new shiny and forgot what a ****ing dumpster fire we were before Brady & Belichick.

Not interested in trading Brady, but I do think we should consider extending Garoppolo, unless we believe Brissett is the future. Right now, we know we can win with Garoppolo, and that's worth an awful lot in this league.

RG3 fetched 3 first round picks. If i think of moving Jimmy that is the price and 3 pretty high first round picks. This game sold me on him 100%.

He is a franchise QB and if you want him pay like he is a franchise QB.

If not I am happy to keep him and frankly see no point to trade him on short value.

Frankly at this point i serious considering keeping him till 2018 FA and then perhaps trade Brady if you can't sign both. It sucks to say that but if we can't keep both I'd rather get 10-15 years of Jimmy than 2 more years of Brady then have 8 years of hunting for a franchise QB if Brissett doesn't work out.

And it kills me to say that cause i appreciate everything Brady has done for this franchise.

Last edited:
We're not trading him. He is our Aaron Rodgers. Our Steve Young. Our Tom Brady.

Literally every one of you who wants to trade Brady are worse than Goodell.

I'd rather go 1-15 with Brady ending his career with us than trading Brady off because you got a new shiny and forgot what a ****ing dumpster fire we were before Brady & Belichick.

Easy there. I love the idea of TB playing in NE until retirement. But I'd much rather win. I think winning, for the forseeable future, includes Brady. To wish TB at all cost is something I can't personally get behind.

You are very loyal to Brady. He is excellent. But I prefer winning to Brady.

The thing is guys.. Garoppolo is not a bargain anymore. We all saw what brock o got based on 6 games or 8 cant remember... Jimmy's salary next year based on how hes looked will be at least that. Which is more than brady because brady gives a home town discount. We cant keep him. We will frachise him and trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft