PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy's Value

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO He will be traded to the bears. He is a hometown kid, Cutler can be cut with a 2mill hit.

I then think Woody moves to trade for/sign Cutler. Who will be the biggest disaster for that team since BB left.

If JG continues to perform well, I would think a 2nd this year, our 4th rd pick back, and an exchange of 1sts next year with contingencies. Something like more that 15 spots the pats throw in a 3rd

I'm just hoping to get past the first 4 games no worse than tied for the division lead. Everything else will take care of itself.

There's a bunch of combinations, obviously, but my gut says that TB12 will be sticking around, JG will be traded and Brissett the backup next year. JG won't fetch the pot of gold some hope but will fetch well beyond his draft position. That's just my gut, though, it's entirely possible that if they aren't blown away by an offer they'll keep JG and re-evaluate at the end of 2017 as TB12 has to show his age eventually - I think he does anyway.

If anyone wants to *see* Jimmy's value firsthand vs the Texans - please let me know.

I have a pair in 218 (face value) that I need to find a home for :/

If anyone wants to *see* Jimmy's value firsthand vs the Texans - please let me know.

I have a pair in 218 (face value) that I need to find a home for :/

Really? I would definately love to see that game. Never seen a Pats game at Gillete

Jimmy Garo-4-0 (pronounced: Garoforro) will net us at least 3 2nd rounders if the Pats win all 4 games and he plays like he did last Sunday night. We shall see. He'll be facing 3 decent defenses coming up but at least all the games are at the Razor.

Potential week 5 trade? Jimmy to the Browns. That way they get nearly two years out of him.

Potential week 5 trade? Jimmy to the Browns. That way they get nearly two years out of him.

No, I'm pretty sure the Pats don't want to rely on Brisset to back up Brady. And you don't want to help the team while you're waiting on their draft position.

No, I'm pretty sure the Pats don't want to rely on Brisset to back up Brady. And you don't want to help the team while you're waiting on their draft position.

That occurred to me (relying on Brissett that is). having said that, I was very impressed with Brissett. I thought he displayed a calmness in the pocket you don't usually associate with a rookie.

Impossible to say. But in a world where Bradford goes for MORE than a 1.....
That's the big one to me, I was flabbergasted the Vikings gave up so much.

There is zero chance Garoppolo with a sample size of 4 games nets a 1st round pick.

If he plays at an elite level for a full slate of 16+ games and you find a ridiculous GM then maybe. But I don't think any of us want to see that scenario come into fruition.
Didn't Matt Schaub get one for the falcons when they traded him to the Texans?

Edit: It was two second round picks and swapping 1st rounders

Last edited:
Sammy is all hype.

why don't they trust him to be the backup next year? Usually when they draft a QB they carry a 3 the next season.

And they are carrying three qb's like they did after they took Jimmy G and Ryan Mallet

Also something to do with Matt Cassel and Steny Hoyer or Trent Boyette or something. No wait, Cassel was gone when that guy was the Holder of the Golden Clipboard. We carried a backup when Brady was out for a year anyhoo in 08.... And Cassel couldn't get er done, only won 11 games...

It's all so confusing.

Still can't believe we get a 1 for Jimmy G even if he DOES go 4-0... but at this writing, he just went 5 for 5 in the first drive vs. Miami... Gotta wonder how many other teams' GMs are like "Welp, I'm a believer..."

But then.... any of them looking at the results out of Cassel, Hoyer, and Mallet since their time on the Pats bench and in Cassel's case, on the field?

Also something to do with Matt Cassel and Steny Hoyer or Trent Boyette or something. No wait, Cassel was gone when that guy was the Holder of the Golden Clipboard. We carried a backup when Brady was out for a year anyhoo in 08.... And Cassel couldn't get er done, only won 11 games...

It's all so confusing.

Still can't believe we get a 1 for Jimmy G even if he DOES go 4-0... but at this writing, he just went 5 for 5 in the first drive vs. Miami... Gotta wonder how many other teams' GMs are like "Welp, I'm a believer..."

But then.... any of them looking at the results out of Cassel, Hoyer, and Mallet since their time on the Pats bench and in Cassel's case, on the field?
i was just speaking to the fact that the Patriots had plenty of confidence in Jacoby Brissett

Any team that desperately needs a QB and has a lower 1st round pick would offer it for him. The guy can play, though obviously it doesn't hurt him to play on one of the best rosters in the NFL. Even without Gronkowski, that's a heckuva offensive unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back