PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G reportedly gets his deal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want jimmy. He’s not durable.he is good but this is more money than brady, Amendola, Edelman and Lewis combined. That’s just not smart

he had the 49s wrapped around his pinkie w/ how the situation unfolded

they had nothing in negotiations

I don’t think MVP matters, but he definitely needs a Lombardi to justify that deal.

I don't know if he needs to justify that deal with a Lombardi. Look at Matthew Stafford. The guy will probably never win anything. Tom Brady, now 40, has earned $196 million over 17 NFL seasons. If Matthew Stafford plays out his contract, he will have earned $262.5 million in the NFL by age 35—with another potential major extension ahead.

That's a lot of money, holy cow. As much as it sucked losing Jimmy G, even if TB was traded away I never envision the Pats paying that much to anybody.

I don’t think MVP matters, but he definitely needs a Lombardi to justify that deal.

Brady gets 14 mill. And guess who jimmy runs into in the bowl? Ivan, I know your a brady fan the likes of myself and die Harders what do you think? Why is an untested q.b making obscene money?

My take is brady don’t want that much money, he wants more players

I don't know if he needs to justify that deal with a Lombardi. Look at Matthew Stafford. The guy will probably never win anything. Tom Brady, now 40, has earned $196 million over 17 NFL seasons. If Matthew Stafford plays out his contract, he will have earned $262.5 million in the NFL by age 35—with another potential major extension ahead.

Fair enough, if he’s a top 5 QB and doesn’t cost them Lombardi's then I suppose he will have earned it. Can’t put it all on him.

So you’re saying he’s halfway there?

Agree completely.

I doubt he will keep playing when MacDaniels gets too old to keep coaching.

Prime doesn't mean halfway, it means at their best. Do you think Brady has ever played consistently better? Than he has been for the last 7 years?

Jimmy just has to play like an elite QB to earn the money.

I do agree that based on the money, the Patriots should have gotten at LEAST one first round pick.

Brady gets 14 mill. And guess who jimmy runs into in the bowl? Ivan, I know your a brady fan the likes of myself and die Harders what do you think? Why is an untested q.b making obscene money?

My take is brady don’t want that much money, he wants more players

Again, that’s what they were willing to give him. I can’t begrudge what they were willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back