PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G interesting stuff

Gilmore for Jimmy G and fourth would be fair.
I would do this same trade for Mariota or Carr

I don’t see that as giving him away.
Your plugging the most important position in all of sports and your gaining a mid pick back.

I had two concerns when Jimmy was still here
-is he durable?
-can he play in horrible weather?

I still have those concerns today.

I like Jimmy and still do but I absolutely hate these "Andy Dalton stats against Troy Aikman" type things. It's not the same game. It is completely different.

Yeah, the problem is he doesn’t play. A lot. He’s an injury waiting to happen. But I’d be fine with him as a veteran stopgap while the team grooms the QBOTF. His injury history may suggest that the team would need to carry 3 QBs, though. Unless you want the rookie coming in when he misses games.

If Jimmy G comes back to NE, I hope he brings Kyra with him. It'd be gold to watch competing social media videos from Kennedy and Kyra while JG competes with Stidham for QB job.

If Jimmy G comes back to NE, I hope he brings Kyra with him. It'd be gold to watch competing social media videos from Kennedy and Kyra while JG competes with Stidham for QB job.

Is she the one who looks like Snooki with implants?

Niners are not moving Jimmy unless they get a better option
This. He is not coming back. The niners have made clear that they want to keep him.
Pats will have either Cam Newton or Fitzmagic as their QB this year.
Its best to get use to this soon to avoid months of disappointment

Last edited:
SF knows that Jimmy is not the answer. Even when healthy, Jimmy was on a short leash. Shanahan would not trust Jimmy in the Super Bowl and had him run the clock out before the half with over 1 minute remaining. Playing scared and not to lose. When I saw that, I knew that KC would win. When the chips were down, Jimmy choked trying to bring SF back.

Jimmy 4th quarter drives
Punt
Punt
Downs
INT

Mahomes 4 quarter drives
TD
TD
TD
Downs

Belichick is stubborn and will bring Jimmy back to prove that Kraft was wrong. Jimmy is the Maroney of QBs. If the OP likes him he is guaranteed to suck.

This. He is not coming back. The niners have made clear that they want to keep him.
Pats will have either Cam Newton Or Fitzmagic as their QB this year.
Its best too get use to this soon to avoid months of disappointment

Niners are going to look around just like carolina, the raiders, vikings and any other team who isn't happy with their QB. But in the end if there is no clear upgrade they aren't moving on. Jimmy isn't coming back here. Although he probably gets hurt again this year, niners take a step back and he's cut next summer.

Mariota is a possibility as well for the Patriots. Can throw better than cam newton and can run as well.

SF knows that Jimmy is not the answer. Even when healthy, Jimmy was on a short leash. Shanahan would not trust Jimmy in the Super Bowl and had him run the clock out before the half with over 1 minute remaining. Playing scared and not to lose. When I saw that, I knew that KC would win. When the chips were down, Jimmy choked trying to bring SF back.

Jimmy 4th quarter drives
Punt
Punt
Downs
INT

Mahomes 4 quarter drives
TD
TD
TD
Downs

Belichick is stubborn and will bring Jimmy back to prove that Kraft was wrong. Jimmy is the Maroney of QBs. If the OP likes him he is guaranteed to suck.
This is my fear too. We have enough data on Jimmy now that we didn't have pre-trade to know that he never was, and never will be a franchise guy.

This is my fear too. We have enough data on Jimmy now that we didn't have pre-trade to know that he never was, and never will be a franchise guy.

Why cant the Pats draft a QB? Brady was a fluke. Since him the rest of drafted QBs have been mediocre.

Other teams find QBs and draft them. Herbert looks good.

Why cant the Pats draft a QB? Brady was a fluke. Since him the rest of drafted QBs have been mediocre.

Herbert was my binkie and third pick overall.

I wouldn’t be totally against trading a mid round pick for Drew Lock he has a lot of tools.

In fairness, we've never needed to for 20 years and the highest QB we drafted during that time was the best of the bunch (Jimmy). I do think it was a huge lack of foresight on Bill's part for the non-existent succession plan, but that's a different debate.

The point is we have our highest draft pick in years, with a decent QB draft class and the means to trade up if we wanted. I don't see Bill doing this of course but the option is there if he wants.

Trade Jimmy to us for Gilly and draft a QB.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back