PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Irsay said Andrew Luck's injury 'inside his head'

In terms of points the Bears had the 2nd ranked offense and 3rd ranked defense in 2006 o_O
Only my opinion. I think they were bad.

While there is plenty of ammothat Irsay is a moron,this is really on Dungy for making the whole thing up.

The media/mediot says it = nothing more than the media/mediot said it. And that's been true for many many years.
Kraft ordered BB to trade JG, Football was deflated 2+ PSI, Patriots spying on first halves and using it in second half.
This is just for the Patriots and just a small sample of media/mediot making things up. Imagine take all teams, people, subjects and add them up? It's been longer than I can remember that media/mediots should be given the benefit of any doubt.

However, there is nothing wrong with using a media/mediot quote for idle chatter. Just keep in mind at all times it's not anything more than idle chatter, it's theoretical, academic until proven otherwise, it discussing the plot of a fictional movie until it is corroborated (and corroboration isn't another mediot saying it's true).
From the idle chatter aspect, like or dislike Luck, the guy has taking a beating at Indy. Is it possible an owner who sits upon a golden throne all day could actually be stupid enough to question the toughness of a football player that has tons of film clips showing the other team's pass rush assaulting him repeatedly? (side note: Sadly Jacoby looks to be the new bullseye of this assault. As a member of the Patriots' 'Brief Mention Hall of Fame', hopefully Jacoby lands elsewhere where he'll have a chance to remain upright and where I can root for him on some level -- can't when he is on Indy.

They say the one who sits upon the most exalted throne still is just sitting on their ass. Irsay will be the living embodiment of that maxim if what he said about Luck is proven to be fact.

The media/mediot says it = nothing more than the media/mediot said it. And that's been true for many many years.
Kraft ordered BB to trade JG, Football was deflated 2+ PSI, Patriots spying on first halves and using it in second half.
This is just for the Patriots and just a small sample of media/mediot making things up. Imagine take all teams, people, subjects and add them up? It's been longer than I can remember that media/mediots should be given the benefit of any doubt.

However, there is nothing wrong with using a media/mediot quote for idle chatter. Just keep in mind at all times it's not anything more than idle chatter, it's theoretical, academic until proven otherwise, it discussing the plot of a fictional movie until it is corroborated (and corroboration isn't another mediot saying it's true).
From the idle chatter aspect, like or dislike Luck, the guy has taking a beating at Indy. Is it possible an owner who sits upon a golden throne all day could actually be stupid enough to question the toughness of a football player that has tons of film clips showing the other team's pass rush assaulting him repeatedly? (side note: Sadly Jacoby looks to be the new bullseye of this assault. As a member of the Patriots' 'Brief Mention Hall of Fame', hopefully Jacoby lands elsewhere where he'll have a chance to remain upright and where I can root for him on some level -- can't when he is on Indy.

They say the one who sits upon the most exalted throne still is just sitting on their ass. Irsay will be the living embodiment of that maxim if what he said about Luck is proven to be fact.
Dungy gave the quote and then said he never spoke to Irsay.

Dungy gave the quote and then said he never spoke to Irsay.

I edited my original post and linked to your claim here. Feel free to edit your post to elaborate more if you have more details. I don't want to spread misinformation.

Didnt Irsay say something earlier in the year about this being in Lucks head?

I'm not a doctor, but a lacerated kidney sounds like a near death injury that shouldn't happen in football. For the kidney thing alone, I'd find a way to stay off the field as long as possible if I was Luck. And shoulder surgery, but it's in his head.

I love taking the opportunity to mock opponents but injuries, especially serious ones, are no laughing matter for me. At some point I wake up from this daze of watching gladiators duke it out and remember they are people. Luck should consider retirement.

Didnt Irsay say something earlier in the year about this being in Lucks head?

No Irsay said, "But you see, it's not me. It's not my family. In your head, in your head, they are fighting. With their punts, and their bombs
And their bombs, and their punts. In your head, in your head they are crying."

I don't know but he sounded like a zombie. He should start eating more cranberries.

I'm not a doctor, but a lacerated kidney sounds like a near death injury that shouldn't happen in football. For the kidney thing alone, I'd find a way to stay off the field as long as possible if I was Luck. And shoulder surgery, but it's in his head.

I love taking the opportunity to mock opponents but injuries, especially serious ones, are no laughing matter for me. At some point I wake up from this daze of watching gladiators duke it out and remember they are people. Luck should consider retirement.

I believe most people are finding the owner's incompetence funny, not the Luck's injuries. Concerns like the one you raised motivated are why edited my post to give more background.

I believe most people are finding the owner's incompetence funny, not the Luck's injuries. Concerns like the one you raised motivated are why edited my post to give more background.

There was nothing wrong with your post. I definitely find Irsay funny. I have a huge sense of humor, but someone telling someone else how they should feel is a pet peeve of mine.

If someone says peeling a hangnail leaves them with a pain of 10 on a scale 1-10, then d%#*!@t it is a 10 for THEM lol.

There was nothing wrong with your post. I definitely find Irsay funny. I have a huge sense of humor, but someone telling someone else how they should feel is a pet peeve of mine.

If someone says peeling a hangnail leaves them with a pain of 10 on a scale 1-10, then d%#*!@t it is a 10 for THEM lol.

I just found this tweet from a verified twitter account:

I just found this tweet from a verified twitter account:

Would be a damn shame if Luck never plays again, or never is the same again if he plays again. The Colts have ruined him by exposing him to such a bad offensive line year after year.

In terms of points the Bears had the 2nd ranked offense and 3rd ranked defense in 2006 o_O
They played a cupcake schedule which made them look better than they were on offense. In a weak NFC they were clearly the best team, but I'd rank them fifth overall on the scale for the whole league. Chargers and Patriots were the best teams in the league that year with the Ravens and Colts following.

No Irsay said, "But you see, it's not me. It's not my family. In your head, in your head, they are fighting. With their punts, and their bombs
And their bombs, and their punts. In your head, in your head they are crying."

I don't know but he sounded like a zombie. He should start eating more cranberries.
While reading this post and before I got to the end (and thereby getting the joke )the tune started playing in my head as I read along. Does that mean you Irsayed me?
One of my favorite Cranberry songs of all time. Well done, sir. Let’s just hope I don’t have to think of Irsay every time I hear it now.

Side question but i seriously want to know. Irsay was the one who got a DUI right? Did he ever get in trouble from the NFL?

Dare I say Brady's heir?
Brady’s hair is fine.
Leave the hares out of this!

latest

Side question but i seriously want to know. Irsay was the one who got a DUI right? Did he ever get in trouble from the NFL?
I thought I remember him being suspended from team operations for a short time, something to that effect.. I could be wrong though.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back