PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets WR busted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the 80s Pats drug scandal we've had sexual assaults, domestic abusers, on the field assault (Seymour cleating Tarik Glenn's face) and a lot of cousins planting drugs on poor unsuspecting players like Ty Law in the 90s.
I do believe, that under Belichick, the Patriots have had a team culture encouraging individual responsibility, which has turned off/away some players but has fostered a strong overall environment, better than most or all other teams'.

To clarify, Irving Fryar did have an incident with his wife in which he got hurt. However, CHB's "drug scandal" in '86 was total B.S...as was the deranged young woman in '90 who pretended first to be a reporter, then a victim.

Kraft's blunders have been few and far between, but they've been prodigious: the destruction of the team logo and uniforms; the Bledsoe contract; the total acceptance of the 2007 Fake-Gate; the Hernandez contract.

In the past few years we've had PED suspensions, a WR under investigation for sexual assault and a goddamn serial killer on our roster.

And that's just in the recent history of the team. Going back to the 80s Pats drug scandal we've had sexual assaults, domestic abusers, on the field assault (Seymour cleating Tarik Glenn's face) and a lot of cousins planting drugs on poor unsuspecting players like Ty Law in the 90s.

I'm not sure we should be acting as though we have the moral high ground...
Saw username, was expecting ****-post, was disappointed.

"Nothing good ever happens when you're out after 1:00 AM..."

-Bill Russell
So true! I said the same thing in the earlier "Darrelle Revis Arrested" thread. He also had the charges dismissed after a big to-do, and he lost his job in the process. Granted, the Jetes were just looking for an excuse to get rid of him, but still...

"Nothing good ever happens when you're out after 1:00 AM..."

-Bill Russell
Bill can speak for himself. Some of the most "enjoyable" experiences of my life happened after 1:00 am from ages 17-24;)...and most were better than "good"...

In the past few years we've had PED suspensions, a WR under investigation for sexual assault and a goddamn serial killer on our roster.

Aaron Hernandez in the eyes of the law killed no one since he died in prison having been acquitted of the double murder and since his appeal for the murder of Odin Lloyd was ongoing, he is considered not guilty of that crime.

Bill can speak for himself. Some of the most "enjoyable" experiences of my life happened after 1:00 am from ages 17-24;)...and most were better than "good"...
..."out" or "in"?...

Aaron Hernandez in the eyes of the law killed no one since he died in prison having been acquitted of the double murder and since his appeal for the murder of Odin Lloyd was ongoing, he is considered not guilty of that crime.
I dunno, I wouldn't exactly trumpet that around if I were Kraft...

It sounds too much like, "There has never been an escape from Stalag 13..."

The research on hormonal release (adrenaline and a couple dozen more) that create the fight/flight response shows that we actually train our bodies to be faster and more aggressive over time. NFL players are basically finely tuned to be more quick to respond to the kind of provocation you write about below; they have less of an opportunity for a moment of calming self awareness. This is true of other people in vocations that require quick aggressive and competitive responses on a routine basis.

They need special training about deescalating their own chemical responses to things. I wonder if they get much more than, "you got to learn to pick your battles" and "don't let him get under your skin" random mentoring. If not, they are at a disadvantage in situations like what's outlined below.

"Security" at a music fest all-too-often means a lightly-trained dude with a badge and more ego than discretion and who escalates a relatively minor situation with unnecessary physical contact in order to show off his authority.

Real police officers are called in and observe what is now a "fight" in progress and have no choice but to step in. The guy who "security" is fighting with is good and pissed off now, objects and resists when required to sit down by an actual police officer - who now has no choice but to arrest him.

Probably happens a few times at almost every music fest, and we're only hearing about it because THIS guy happens to be in the NFL. We'll never hear about the other guys (and girls) who are construction workers or office clerks who end up being arrested in a similar situation.

It's amazing to me that the commonwealth of MA did not change this law before now. More than a few years ago there was a priest who was convicted of all sorts of crimes against children who was killed in prison, and the same thing happened. Slate wiped clean. You think they would have changed the law by now based on that episode; either to eliminate it entirely (i.e. there is no one to prosecute the appeal, so the last conviction (or hung jury or acquittal, or whatever stands), or at least amended it to say if the person commits suicide, then the conviction stands. Hernandez himself obviously knew about this law. I don't see how the Hernandez team won't be successful (and the Pats screwed thereby) - there do not seem to be any exceptions now as the law is written, and you can never apply amendments to laws retroactively in criminal cases. MA is to blame for this debacle.

What? 89 guys got away? Every one of the Jets should be arrested.... for impersonating a professional football player.

It's amazing to me that the commonwealth of MA did not change this law before now. More than a few years ago there was a priest who was convicted of all sorts of crimes against children who was killed in prison, and the same thing happened. Slate wiped clean. You think they would have changed the law by now based on that episode; either to eliminate it entirely (i.e. there is no one to prosecute the appeal, so the last conviction (or hung jury or acquittal, or whatever stands), or at least amended it to say if the person commits suicide, then the conviction stands. Hernandez himself obviously knew about this law. I don't see how the Hernandez team won't be successful (and the Pats screwed thereby) - there do not seem to be any exceptions now as the law is written, and you can never apply amendments to laws retroactively in criminal cases. MA is to blame for this debacle.

You could always pay someone to kill you in prison. But yeah, your point is taken.

But would the bluenoses and bible-thumpers agree those were "good"?

I had the same thought as you, but I'm probably going to burn in Hell according to the moralizing zealots. At least I'll be with my own kind.

I had the same thought as you, but I'm probably going to burn in Hell according to the moralizing zealots. At least I'll be with my own kind.

Bible-thumper to a guy at a Gay Pride march: "You're going to HELL!"

Guy: "Oh? Who's in Hell?"

Bible-thumper: "People like YOU!"

Guy: "And who's in Heaven?"

Bible-thumper: "People like ME!"

Guy: "Lady, you need to work on your threats."

You bring the hookers and I'll bring the hot dogs and beer...

You bring the hookers and I'll bring the hot dogs and beer...
I wanta bring the beer! I brew my own, so it's gotta be cheaper than the hookers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes