PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets WR busted

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last two paragraphs are pretty interesting contrast to our local experience, aren't they?

In the past few years we've had PED suspensions, a WR under investigation for sexual assault and a goddamn serial killer on our roster.

And that's just in the recent history of the team. Going back to the 80s Pats drug scandal we've had sexual assaults, domestic abusers, on the field assault (Seymour cleating Tarik Glenn's face) and a lot of cousins planting drugs on poor unsuspecting players like Ty Law in the 90s.

I'm not sure we should be acting as though we have the moral high ground...

In the past few years we've had PED suspensions, a WR under investigation for sexual assault and a goddamn serial killer on our roster.

And that's just in the recent history of the team. Going back to the 80s Pats drug scandal we've had sexual assaults, domestic abusers, on the field assault (Seymour cleating Tarik Glenn's face) and a lot of cousins planting drugs on poor unsuspecting players like Ty Law in the 90s.

i hope you're not referring to the woman that lied about Edlemen.

"Security" at a music fest all-too-often means a lightly-trained dude with a badge and more ego than discretion and who escalates a relatively minor situation with unnecessary physical contact in order to show off his authority.

Real police officers are called in and observe what is now a "fight" in progress and have no choice but to step in. The guy who "security" is fighting with is good and pissed off now, objects and resists when required to sit down by an actual police officer - who now has no choice but to arrest him.

Probably happens a few times at almost every music fest, and we're only hearing about it because THIS guy happens to be in the NFL. We'll never hear about the other guys (and girls) who are construction workers or office clerks who end up being arrested in a similar situation.

Homer

Nothing's going to happen to Anderson. He could be 100% in the wrong, but he's a member of the Jets, the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card.

I agree about Hernandez and the PEDs, but.......

REALLY???? You are going to use the false accusation against Edelman that was completely proven fraudulent by the security cameras as part of your point??????

Fercrissakes, using that type of innuendo is pretty low.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/15/sex-assault-charges-against-julian-edelman-dropped/

Agreed. I can no longer say that the Pats vet or police their players better than other teams do. The truth is, that a lot of these guys are young men on the loose for the first time with lots of money to burn and lots ot temptations, and they get into trouble. Some have the added problems of never having had good role models and/or are unable to leave the old neighborhood behind. All are highly scrutinized and subject to our instant media villification culture. For those of us who are a bit older, who among us hasn't agreed with those Facebook posts that declare, "I'm glad the internet wasn't around when I was young and dumb."

Edit - I didn't know you were talking about Edelman, if you were, and I agree that he was completely innocent. However, he was out at a club and subject to that instant internet villification culture I was talking about...

I agree about Hernandez and the PEDs, but.......

REALLY???? You are going to use the false accusation against Edelman that was completely proven fraudulent by the security cameras as part of your point??????

Fercrissakes, using that type of innuendo is pretty low.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/15/sex-assault-charges-against-julian-edelman-dropped/

As of right now Edelman and this WR are guilty of exactly the same thing: nothing. If getting arrested is enough to bring out the holier-than-thou posts then fair is only fair.

The false narrative that our team is filled with choir boys is harmful. I was pretty young when the drug scandal broke out and I was devastated. The players were my heroes and hearing that there were some number of them busted for drug use was terrible. Putting players up on a pedestal who are selected from the same pool that every other team gets their players from only leads to disappointment.

We root for a team of human beings.

What will they do if Robby Anderson misses a game?
He's important to New Jersey, especially since they have an0ther WR (Jalin Marshall) on a four-game PED suspension.

Zeke is my hero

lol

They draft guys who have character issues and lack NFL-level skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back