PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets to release ILB David Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
33 years old. Good player. Never been in a winner. Seems like a typical BB vet pickup who plays his heart out.

Whether they pick him up or not (I hope they do), it's good to get an early reminder of how the Pats look to consistently improve, a process that continues throughout the season.

It's scary to consider where they are now and realize it's only early June. Even the very bottom of this roster will be formidable.

Whether they pick him up or not (I hope they do), it's good to get an early reminder of how the Pats look to consistently improve, a process that continues throughout the season.

It's scary to consider where they are now and realize it's only early June. Even the very bottom of this roster will be formidable.
I swear they can go 8-8 with 2nd and 3rd stringers.

I can't see another team giving him a big deal.

I think if BB wants him and dollars are close with incentives they have a shot

He's a very good veteran linebacker.. something BB has always had a liking for..

and its always fun to stick it to the Jets whenever possible... I'd say he also adds a lot of value because of his intimate knowledge of the Jets playbook, but I don't think crayon scribblings on a piece of paper constitute a playbook

He's a very good veteran linebacker.. something BB has always had a liking for..

and its always fun to stick it to the Jets whenever possible... I'd say he also adds a lot of value because of his intimate knowledge of the Jets playbook, but I don't think crayon scribblings on a piece of paper constitute a playbook
They shake the Etch-a-Sketch after every meeting...

Cover of Jets playbook

green-crayon-clipart-cpa-school-crayon-green.png

Bring'm in even just to break jets* Foot BALLS and putting it on back page of News & Post just to mess with their fans that in came to NE for a visit.

Even the very bottom of this roster will be formidable.

Posters fervently believe this. Many of our backups and role players are indeed formidable. Our "very bottom" of the roster players are NOT formidable. In fact, Bill thinks so much of theme that the bottom 3 players are often cut and re-signed if the need arises.

Posters fervently believe this. Many of our backups and role players are indeed formidable. Our "very bottom" of the roster players are NOT formidable. In fact, Bill thinks so much of theme that the bottom 3 players are often cut and re-signed if the need arises.
Eh, so maybe drop the word very. Whatever

Something to consider:

There are some that suggest that Rob Ninkovich is done with this team; Harris is the same age and unlike Nink, is not at all familiar with what makes this team tick.

Something to consider:

There are some that suggest that Rob Ninkovich is done with this team; Harris is the same age and unlike Nink, is not at all familiar with what makes this team tick.
In my opinion, Ninkovich should definitely have a role with this team in 2017. I think his reps may decline a bit as some other younger/faster players get blended in, but I'd have a hard time seeing him cut with his football smarts, leadership, and experience. I think he finishes the year and a great career, here.

David Harris would be a nice piece to add, but Belichick may not see value in adding him. After all, he just re-upped Hightower to a nice deal, made Langi the highest paid UDFA, and still has a guy like Roberts hoping to make a second year jump. That's not even including McClellin, who also brings good ST value and saw a lot of reps last season. Add in Ninkovich as a versatile player who can stand up as an OLB and there's probably not any room at the inn. We will see.

David Harris would be a nice piece to add, but Belichick may not see value in adding him. After all, he just re-upped Hightower to a nice deal, made Langi the highest paid UDFA, and still has a guy like Roberts hoping to make a second year jump. That's not even including McClellin, who also brings good ST value and saw a lot of reps last season. Add in Ninkovich as a versatile player who can stand up as an OLB and there's probably not any room at the inn. We will see.

As always it will boil down to what Harris wants to be paid and if he is able to live through the grind of being a NE player. The biggest hurdle would most probably be the amount of guaranteed money he'd want to make sure he doesn't go through TC just to be cut at the end.

Just from a football perspective I think he fits the type of vet players BB often brings in during the offseason to have a shot at camp.

Something to consider:

From my comfy couch I think Nink may be done because he has lost a step and the first 42 minutes of SB LI speed seemed to be an issue.. that is why I think his days are numbered, but you never can tell..

Also not sure if BB will even bring in Harris, as speed seems to be a value for the D..

Something to consider:

They'd save $1.7m if they cut him.

Hes not what he was but I think he still has value.

This is Ninks last year. I think he's safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes