PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets to release ILB David Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to consider:

There are some that suggest that Rob Ninkovich is done with this team; Harris is the same age and unlike Nink, is not at all familiar with what makes this team tick.

Different positions. Also, Ninkovich is likely playing in a reduced role this year behind Ealy and Flowers..

Something to consider:

There are some that suggest that Rob Ninkovich is done with this team; Harris is the same age and unlike Nink, is not at all familiar with what makes this team tick.
Nink should be part if the DE rotation. If he is done I'd be surprised because it would take 2 rookies to bounce him. I expect to see nink around 40-50% of the snaps.
Harris would be part of the LB group and since we are a 2 LB base it's Hightower plus a mix with different skill set getting the reps with a rare 3 LB set. I'd expect Harris to be about 40-50% of the snaps too.
Which probably means he goes elsewhere to play every down.

Nink should be part if the DE rotation. If he is done I'd be surprised because it would take 2 rookies to bounce him. I expect to see nink around 40-50% of the snaps.
Harris would be part of the LB group and since we are a 2 LB base it's Hightower plus a mix with different skill set getting the reps with a rare 3 LB set. I'd expect Harris to be about 40-50% of the snaps too.
Which probably means he goes elsewhere to play every down.
Ninkovich was signed to an extension on 9/11/16, right after being suspended four games. Does not seem like a move by a team ready to cut him.

Ninkovich was signed to an extension on 9/11/16, right after being suspended four games. Does not seem like a move by a team ready to cut him.
Was it an extension or did they just give him a small raise.

Our offensive package on the second string would be Garoppolo at quarterback, with Amendola, Mitchell and Hogan as the receiver tandem (wow!), and Lewis and one of Burkhead and Gillislee as the running backs, with Allen as the TE. O line would be a little light, but that offense should still be good for north of 20 points a game at the very least, that's better offensive weapons on the second team than the bottom 2/3 of the league can field on their first team.

The Jets have reached a new low. Harris and Decker too. Plus, Revis is still counting the money they overpaid him.

It does give me some dark pleasure knowing this is all abundantly Woody's fault. Belichick was smart to jump from him to Kraft when he had the chance.

The Jets have reached a new low. Harris and Decker too. Plus, Revis is still counting the money they overpaid him.

It does give me some dark pleasure knowing this is all abundantly Woody's fault. Belichick was smart to jump from him to Kraft when he had the chance.

I'm not sure woody got the team yet from the estate of leon hess when belichick left the jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes