PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
a lot more Jets film this time around available for BB, this late in the season. I'm sure he'll be cooking something real good.

Going to be a tough game. I expect McCourty, Chung, Edleman, Amendola and Hightower to be inactive. It's important they are all ready for the playoffs!!!!

I hate the Jets with everything that I can muster, but I think they win this game. Here's why.

1. They are playing for the playoffs. This is basically a playoff game for them.

2. They are home.

3. They are healthy.

4. Fitzpatrick is playing very well.

5. The Jets' D is playing well.

6. The Patriots are NOT healthy. At all. Will likely be missing a bunch of key guys.

I think the Patriots will struggle to score 20 points this next week. I think Fitzpatrick will make some big throws, and with McCourty and Chung out I think there's some weakness for the Jets to exploit.

20-17, Jets. Unfortunately.

The Pats then come back much healthier and angrier and crush Miami in week 17 to secure the #1 seed, then take a much needed week off before facing the Steelers in the AFC Divisional Round in Foxboro.

you had the jests barely eke out a game while playing for all the marbles and the owner/GM of their opponent already talking about next year's draft

FACT: the Jets have played exactly one game against a team with a winning record this season

For the first time in a few years, this is a matchup that fans of other NFL teams will be interested in watching. Thus stated, the key to beating the Jets at this point in the season is neutralizing Marshall and Decker. If the Pats defense can do this, it should be an easy victory for you guys.

Gotta tell ya, I'm finding it harder to hate the Jets now. Rex is gone - I really can't stand his obsession with NE, or the way he lets his team mouth off constantly. Add in Fitzty (always liked him), Marshall (wanted him badly), and Ivory (might be my favorite runner), and I just can't bring myself to hate them anymore.

Still dislike them, though, in a healthy way.

Honestly, the Jets are very, very good this year. Not much to choose from between the 3 "big" boys and the three potential WC teams in the AFC. Neutral field, both teams at 100%, I like the Pats (I like the Pats over anyone), but it's as close as with any other good team.

you had the jests barely eke out a game while playing for all the marbles and the owner/GM of their opponent already talking about next year's draft

FACT: the Jets have played exactly one game against a team with a winning record this season

Just like Carolina...?

For the first time in a few years, this is a matchup that fans of other NFL teams will be interested in watching. Thus stated, the key to beating the Jets at this point in the season is neutralizing Marshall and Decker. If the Pats defense can do this, it should be an easy victory for you guys.

Ryan should have another good game vs Marshall, just as he did in the previous meeting. Butler struggled against Decker in the 1st half, but played well in the 2nd half. I expect that Butler learned a lot from that 1st half and will have a much better game.

Going to be a tough game. I expect McCourty, Chung, Edleman, Amendola and Hightower to be inactive. It's important they are all ready for the playoffs!!!!

Correct.
I'd like to see HFA, no doubt. However, we have the single most important prize already. A Bye in the BB era equals a SB entry, I believe, 66% of the time. That number, again I believe, doesn't vary greatly between #1 or #2 seed. Having Jules and DA and Chung and High and McCourty healthy for the POs is more important than getting HFA.
The undermanned Patriots are still very likely to get a win in the next two. That is going to have to be good enough....

nope......carolina beat the seahawks and packers

Seahawks were under .500 at the time and were a mess. Carolina has won 18 or 19 regular season games in this run, and they've played 1 team above .500 in that whole span.

Gotta tell ya, I'm finding it harder to hate the Jets now. Rex is gone - I really can't stand his obsession with NE, or the way he lets his team mouth off constantly. Add in Fitzty (always liked him), Marshall (wanted him badly), and Ivory (might be my favorite runner), and I just can't bring myself to hate them anymore.

Still dislike them, though, in a healthy way.

Honestly, the Jets are very, very good this year. Not much to choose from between the 3 "big" boys and the three potential WC teams in the AFC. Neutral field, both teams at 100%, I like the Pats (I like the Pats over anyone), but it's as close as with any other good team.
As a Jets fan, I can just tell you the flaws I see in my team. Fitzy's guts, combined with Decker and Marshall's ability to get open have been the primary reasons for any scoring opportunities the Jets have. The early rushing success Chris Ivory had has waned as the season has progressed due to his nagging hamstring, as well as the OL's inability to move anyone off the ball.

Additionally, the defense is not as strong as advertised. Yes, Revis has returned and is playing well, but Revis Island is long gone. The rest of the secondary is fair (at best) and can be exploited by any TE with a pulse. The LB corps is SLOW, and with Harris injured, could be missing their defensive QB. That leaves the DL, and yes they are very good ... even if they fail to generate much of a pass rush.

The one thing this team does have going for it is a mental toughness which I haven't seen for the last few years at the helm the pea-brained blowhard. This seems to have propelled them to make big plays in key situations. But, to be honest, if you took Fitzpatrick, Marshall, and Decker off of this team - I believe they would not be showing this resiliency.

Seahawks were under .500 at the time and were a mess. Carolina has won 18 or 19 regular season games in this run, and they've played 1 team above .500 in that whole span.

LOL......if you say so

the jests got rolled by the texans and the bills.......but please, by all means........present me with the last solid performance by the jets against a decent team

LOL......if you say so

the jests got rolled by the texans and the bills.......but please, by all means........present me with the last solid performance by the jets against a decent team
For all of the Jets limitations, they did not "get rolled" by either the Bills or Texans. Nevertheless, I believe the Pats will be a big challenge for them, to say the least.

LOL......if you say so

I was just making a point. I'm not sold on Carolina, either, but I think both are very good teams.

Weird things happen when we play in New York. Even hobbled we should be the better team, but I'm not comfortable going into this game, not by a long shot. I feel like we almost have to blow them out, because if the game is close... let's just say some random, never-before-seen penalty will be called in a crucial situation, then never called again for the rest of the season.

I just had a thought about the Jets...now I'm posting from the shytter.

Better than Ex-Lax!

For all of the Jets limitations, they did not "get rolled" by either the Bills or Texans. Nevertheless, I believe the Pats will be a big challenge for them, to say the least.

down 14 with 4 minutes left against TJ Yates.....ya got rolled

losing any game to rex ryan means you got rolled

If the Patriots wanted to they could punt this week and go all in on Miami. Might end up keeping the Steelers out of the playoffs.

It's going to be interesting to see if one of Edelman or Amendola can go this week...

Mark Daniels@MarkDanielsPJ

Brady did his best work when he released the ball between 1-2 seconds. He went 10/14 for 109 yards with 2 TDs and a 133.6 passer rating.

Mark Daniels@MarkDanielsPJ

As expected, Brady was at his worse when holding the ball for 3+ seconds: 2/6 for 30 yards and a 50.7 passer rating.

Brady will need a quick outlet to dump the ball off to as the Jets are just a bit better than the Titans are. Defensively, I think we pressure Fitzpatrick quite a bit and hopefully knock three quarterbacks in a row out of the game (not advocating dirty play, just saying that's what the Pats have been doing). I would put Butler on Marshall and give him some help over the top and stick Ryan on Decker one on one as much as possible.

Jets are decent--good to excellent Dline, pretty good secondary although getting a bit long in the tooth. LBs not much. Oline has played pretty well, 2 good wideouts, and Ivory runs strong. Fitzpatrick has played well.

But it's that last that's the difference maker. Fitzpatrick has played well, but he is (no surprise to anyone) not a great QB. Key to him, seems to me, is containment--he throws better on the move, and he can scamper a bit. Play stout against the run, keep him in the pocket, and this still under-the-radar secondary should take care of the rest.

Offensively, need another smart game from Brady, get to the high 20s should do it. No runaway, but I think the Pats take this one, and it shouldn't come down to the last second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back