PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JETS SUCK 2022 EDITION (OFFICIAL): A SALACIOUS SAGA OF SLEAZY SHENANIGANS

Pretty fun that the Jets have now spent two first round QB picks on guys who the scouting report was basically "Not a leader, questionable decision making and mechanically a mess, but look at this neat off platform throw!"

This guy is looking more precognitive with each passing week:

From the article: While most analysts peg Wilson as the second-best quarterback prospect in the NFL Draft, Kelly goes so far as to say that he wouldn't draft Wilson at all: "It would be foolish to take him in the first round. He will get everybody fired. Best chance to succeed is in an offense filled with trick plays."

More devastating analysis, based on Punky's NFL performances ...

Last edited:
Mormon Ryan Leaf NOT to start vs da Bears.

Posted this in the postgame thread, but it belongs here as well. For those anti-tanking people… food for thought:

Yep. A great example of why a team should tank if there is a great talent coming out in the Draft who will go #1 overall and it’s clear they aren’t going anywhere. If the Jets hadn’t have won an absolutely useless, pointless game against the Browns in 2020, they’d have Lawrence right now instead of Wilson.

But hey, at least they’ll have that W against Cleveland two years ago to remember as yet another QB ends up being a bust for them.

The busts don't simply get picked by the Jete. The Jete can take a perfectly capable QB and destroy them - set their careers back years with bad habits, Front Office instability and lack of general accountability.

The Jete don't pick a bust, they mold it. Some years they take tried and true Ryan Leaf retreads (who prefers 'higher mileage' models, allegedly), other years they throw a Geno Smith (looks serviceable in SEA) into the dysfunction to get his jaw broken by some practice team line backer.

Every bust has it's own mix of tragedy and comedy. This iteration seems to be one for the ages, with off the field circus potential not seen since Mark Sanchez was coming down with Mono and getting photo'd dancing naked at an Irsay party.

Rumor has it Wrecks Ryan was too busy handling snack orders to handle reigning his young QB in. Each bust is like a snowflake, a disaster in it's own unique way.
This is beautiful

Don't want to disrupt whatever point you were making, but he was a 2nd rounder, #39 ( Geno Smith - Wikipedia). I recall most draft analysts saying they were taking a flyer on a running QB from a 2nd tier school, whereas most Jete fans convinced themselves that their brilliant brain trust had delivered the next Joe Willy Namath and they'd be winning championships in no time flat.
Yeah, Geno was the 2nd QB taken in his draft class. Not sure West Virginia is a “second tier school,” but he completed 71% of his passes his senior year.
Pretty much a textbook example of how to ruin a rookie QB who is already prone to arrogance. Bring him in, tell him the job is all his, don't make him earn the job, or even demonstrate that he can operate the offense at all or perform at any sort of level of competence. In other words, SOFJ.
Yeah, the Jests ruined Geno Smith as well… now he’s un-ruined.

Kind of makes my point to the poster above, QB’s have a long shelf life in the NFL in relation to other positions. They can figure it out years and years later, even if they struggled early.

I liked Mike White as a prospect leaving college. He has bounced around a little and has experience. He could be a lot better than Wilson… who was probably drafted too high considering he went to a second tier school also.

Benching Wilson was the obvious decision. If they're looking to win for this season then I think the better move would be going to Flacco now. He's an experienced veteran who still has some potential for a big game or two. White had one good game last season but was pretty awful otherwise. They may be going to White now to see if there's anything there for the long term. They must know for sure now they don't have that in Wilson. They definitely should have taken Fields at #2... they probable could challenge for the division title with a healthy Fields.

Flacco's backing-up White on Sunday... MormonRyanLeaf ain't even dressing...

Posted this in the postgame thread, but it belongs here as well. For those anti-tanking people… food for thought:
Yep. A great example of why a team should tank if there is a great talent coming out in the Draft who will go #1 overall and it’s clear they aren’t going anywhere. If the Jets hadn’t have won an absolutely useless, pointless game against the Browns in 2020, they’d have Lawrence right now instead of Wilson.

But hey, at least they’ll have that W against Cleveland two years ago to remember as yet another QB ends up being a bust for them.
What makes you think they’d be any better off having Lawrence instead of Wilson? They would just ruin Lawrence as they have ruined other first round quality QBs.

The problem is that college stats are not really predictive these days. You have monster programs that schedule cream puffs to pad their rankings and give their boosters a 'good time'.

You really have to look at how hard a QB works at their school. If we get away from Brady and Montana, who I've documented extensively as to why I felt they became successful, another good look is at Matt Ryan. Despite being the first QB chosen in the 2008 draft, he was not the first player. While the Longs (Chris and Jake) were very good players, the Rams and Dolphins both could have used a QB, yet didn't take Ryan because of their fear of his production at BC. Notably, his interception totals. But you look at it and that's a result of his playing hard and trying to win despite a relatively inferior (based on how quickly they fell after he left) cast. EDIT TO ADD: Dolphins did take a QB in round 2. Chad Henne, a guy who barely had to work for anything and didn't do much beyond what was expected of him at Michigan.

Even better is that the Jets current backup, Flacco, could have been theirs when he was in his prime had they been able to overlook his small school status. Instead, they drafted Vernon Gholston. Another productive, hard-working QB who elevated the play of those around him.

Last edited:
After a thousand years of getting beat to hell by his teammates, fans and the media, Punky McMilfson apologies to the Jete for being a selfish, lazy, entitled little puke.

Of course, Bim Saleh Bim made a huge blunder subsequently reiterating that Punky is the "future of the franchise" and will play again this season. So, coach, how is Mike White supposed to feel about being a placeholder 'til McMilfson gets his head straight? What if White plays really well? SOJ.

After a thousand years of getting beat to hell by his teammates, fans and the media, Punky McMilfson apologies to the Jete for being a selfish, lazy, entitled little puke.

Of course, Bim Saleh Bim made a huge blunder subsequently reiterating that Punky is the "future of the franchise" and will play again this season. So, coach, how is Mike White supposed to feel about being a placeholder 'til McMilfson gets his head straight? What if White plays really well? SOJ.

LOL, I see what you did there. Ska and punk are complementary and would make a formidable coach/QB combo. If you are going with Bim Saleh Bim you need to find a different name for Wilson. He's more yacht rock anyway so maybe Cabana Boy McMilfson would be better.

LOL, I see what you did there. Ska and punk are complementary and would make a formidable coach/QB combo. If you are going with Bim Saleh Bim you need to find a different name for Wilson. He's more yacht rock anyway so maybe Cabana Boy McMilfson would be better.

The reason for "Punky" -- apart from being a punk in his own right -- is he emulates fellow BYU alum Jim McMahon. You might recall McMahon wore a headband (as Wilson does), and was an irreverent jerk, nicknamed by media as the "punky QB."

Good observations, though. I think you're first to figure out the Bim Skala Bim namesake, I'm glad somebody got it. And I do like the cabana boy image. :D

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back