PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, I caught a bit of the Giants-Steelers game and Gee-No Smith was at QB for the Gints. Typical Gee-No performance: a few series where he made the makeable throws, followed by a totally unexplainable pick. He threw it into a cluster of three Steelers with no Giants anywhere in the picture.

I was on an airplane Friday so watching the Giants-Steelers game was my best option. I thought Geno actually looked pretty good, at least of the parade of backups who played in that game. Decisive, took what was there, and smartly threw the ball away when there was nothing there. I don't know who's to blame for the pick. He threw the Out where the receiver ran the Go. Not sure who was wrong. He was the only QB of the 5 in that game who threw above a 50% completion rate.

I was on an airplane Friday so watching the Giants-Steelers game was my best option. I thought Geno actually looked pretty good, at least of the parade of backups who played in that game. Decisive, took what was there, and smartly threw the ball away when there was nothing there. I don't know who's to blame for the pick. He threw the Out where the receiver ran the Go. Not sure who was wrong. He was the only QB of the 5 in that game who threw above a 50% completion rate.

I didn't see the game, but text messages from Midget fan friend...

1. Geno don't look half bad leading the team
2. Much better then our 2nd yr project.
3. Nice to see he is in command. Just what we need to back Eli up

Only if Hack is the QB moving forward. Otherwise 5+ wins is bad.
So you believe Quackenbush can win the starting job and that would preclude need to tank the season for a rookie QB savior?

So you believe Quackenbush can win the starting job and that would preclude need to tank the season for a rookie QB savior?

No. I'm almost positive Hack will start at some point this year. Whether it's week 1 or 11 I don't know.

He has to be good enough to be the unquestioned starting QB moving forward in 2018 to make 5+ wins a good thing.

I might follow the Jets this year... but only out of a sick sense of curiosity.

Oddly enough I'm looking at things very similarly this year.

No. I'm almost positive Hack will start at some point this year. Whether it's week 1 or 11 I don't know.

He has to be good enough to be the unquestioned starting QB moving forward in 2018 to make 5+ wins a good thing.
So, what if McClown gets hurt and Quackenbush takes over but looks mediocre, yet the Jete win six or seven games. Does that mean New Jersey tanks 2018 instead? :confused:

So, what if McClown gets hurt and Quackenbush takes over but looks mediocre, yet the Jete win six or seven games. Does that mean New Jersey tanks 2018 instead? :confused:

That means things didn't turn out very well. At 6 or 7 wins, the Jets will then probably have to give up a lot to get one of the top 3 QBs next year.

To be clear, I'm not saying every outcome is good this year. It's very possible things end up in a sort of mediocre mess.

*** Edit: Or they'll have to spend big on a free agent QB. Like Cousins.

That means things didn't turn out very well. At 6 or 7 wins, the Jets will then probably have to give up a lot to get one of the top 3 QBs next year.

To be clear, I'm not saying every outcome is good this year. It's very possible things end up in a sort of mediocre mess.

*** Edit: Or they'll have to spend big on a free agent QB. Like Cousins.

I heard you guys have a special thing for cousins down there.

I didn't see the game, but text messages from Midget fan friend...

1. Geno don't look half bad leading the team
2. Much better then our 2nd yr project.
3. Nice to see he is in command. Just what we need to back Eli up
It would be so JETE-like for Eli to take an injury and for Gee-No to take over and bring your beloved Midgets to the playoffs...

It would be so JETE-like for Eli to take an injury and for Gee-No to take over and bring your beloved Midgets to the playoffs...

My "beloved midgets"? I do not like the blue NJ team.

With that said, I only wish Geno well. If he ends up playing I'll root for him to succeed.

My "beloved midgets"? I do not like the blue NJ team.

With that said, I only wish Geno well. If he ends up playing I'll root for him to succeed.
Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the interwebs.

If Gee-No does well elsewhere it'll be yet another indictment of the JETE coaching staffs of the last few years. However the man is prone to boneheaded pick-offs, which is yet another indictment of the JETE front office staffs of the last few years.

Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the interwebs.

If Gee-No does well elsewhere it'll be yet another indictment of the JETE coaching staffs of the last few years. However the man is prone to boneheaded pick-offs, which is yet another indictment of the JETE front office staffs of the last few years.

Eh, I'll leave all that back page gossipy stuff to the media and opposing fans. I like Geno and want him to succeed.

Sadly that wasn't going to happen with Bowles. Those two really did not get along for whatever reason and it was best for Geno to go.

Man this green kool-aid is tasting delicious this morning! :D

That was a pretty impressive performance there by the kid. I don't know if you guys watched it, but Hack looked... dare I say... competent. Had some WRs drop a couple drive killers, but definitely promising. Spreading the ball around, making reads, adjusting pre-snap, being mobile, accuracy, awareness, arm strength...

Oline was freakin awesome! Even some of the backups. (I've been trying to tell you guys the oline wasn't as bad as some of you were saying.)

Backup RB looked solid (Powell and Forte didn't play).

WRs were, as expected, lacking a bit. Because, well it's Robbie Anderson with like 70 career catches, and then basically unknowns. Yet this makes everything even more impressive. And Robbie Anderson looks to be seizing the opportunity.

Even got some contributions from TEs! ASJ, after his two game suspension to start the year, may be a solid weapon.

Just about everything on the defense was impressive. 1st, 2nd and 3rd stringers. Still baffled by the Dline starters running sprints during timeouts most of the game. No clue what that was about.

All adding up to an A+ for what Macc and Bowles are doing. Takes some seriously inflated balls to do what Macc did, and some damn good coaching to get this sort of performance from a team this young and inexperienced.

Superbowl bound? No. And there will definitely be bad performances upcoming. Maybe (probably) a lot of 'em.

But this was a great way to start the season. Exactly what I was hoping to see from the team. In fact they're way ahead of schedule. Seems to be improvement and development in every phase of the game. Win or lose, should be a great season.

Man if this keeps up, what are we gonna spend the 80+ mil on cap space on next year? We'll be set at all positions already. ;)

All adding up to an A+ for what Macc and Bowles are doing. Takes some seriously inflated balls to do what Macc did, and some damn good coaching to get this sort of performance from a team this young and inexperienced.

This may be the funniest post I've ever read on a message board.

This may be the funniest post I've ever read on a message board.

Well at least they have improved. They went from winning the off-season to winning the preseason.

Nevermind the Tebow like windup, the staring down every single target, the only time his shotgunning ass fumbled was from under center or that he only threw to his second read once, if that, because otherwise he was f'ing great. :eek::eek::D

Last edited:
Well at least they have improved. They went from winning the off-season to winning the preseason.

Nevermind the Tebow like windup, the starting down every single target, the only time his shotgunning ass fumbled was from under center or that he only threw to his second read once, if that, because otherwise he was f'ing great. :eek::eek::D

Hack > Garoppolo :p

It's taboo complimenting the Jets but I will say their uniforms look much better this year using the new Nike template. They don't have multiple different shades of green on the jersey like before.

Please don't downvote this to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft