PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2017 Edition (Official): Countdown to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took a hot shower to warm up and cleanse myself from my four-hour outdoor expedition to personally witness the putrid green Jersey effluent, a/k/a Jete. What an abysmal "effort" by a crap team. If I wasn't so tired I'd be out celebrating -- not New Year's Eve, but the fact that GM Cro-Magnon and Coach Toilet Bowles will be back in charge next season. Minus McClown at the helm the Jete have absolutely no heart and are so poor fundamentally it's almost frightening. Defenders running into each other knocking themselves out of the play ... wide-open wide receivers trying to catch with their facemasks ... a quarterback who can't set his feet to accurately throw a three-yard outlet pass ... a kickoff returner who lets the ball bounce in front of him before fielding it ... The avoidable gaffes comprising Jete suckage are endless.

I think I'll tune in the Three Stooges New Year's Eve marathon. At least those guys care enough to get their timing right.

Last edited:
And so ends another season of fetid jete existance and futility. It ended just like so many others with abject suckage.

For the record the Jet's may suck ...

JetFan79 and Gunnails do not suck - they have been good forum members.

Let's check the personal garbage at the door.

Please enlighten yourself to the derogatory personal commentaries by JetFan79, Icy. There have been multiple instances beyond his standard passive-aggressive shtick.

Please enlighten yourself to the derogatory personal commentary by JetFan79, Icy. There have been multiple instances beyond his standard passive-aggressive shtick.
We don't need any of it - let's be better than that.

Thanks man.

Happy New Years PatsFans!

Best wishes to all for a great 2018, and for the Pats this postseason.

(But the off-season is all Jets baby!)

Thanks man.

Happy New Years PatsFans!

Best wishes to all for a great 2018, and for the Pats this postseason.

(But the off-season is all Jets baby!)

You are right about that one. No one owns the off-season (but fails so pitifully in the actual season) like the NYJs.

I just took a hot shower to warm up and cleanse myself from my four-hour outdoor expedition to personally witness the putrid green Jersey effluent, a/k/a Jete. What an abysmal "effort" by a crap team. If I wasn't so tired I'd be out celebrating -- not New Year's Eve, but the fact that GM Cro-Magnon and Coach Toilet Bowles will be back in charge next season. Minus McClown at the helm the Jete have absolutely no heart and are so poor fundamentally it's almost frightening. Defenders running into each other knocking themselves out of the play ... wide-open wide receivers trying to catch with their facemasks ... a quarterback who can't set his feet to accurately throw a three-yard outlet pass ... a kickoff returner who lets the ball bounce in front of him before fielding it ... The avoidable gaffes comprising Jete suckage are endless.

I think I'll tune in the Three Stooges New Year's Eve marathon. At least those guys care enough to get their timing right.

But that safety though......:eek:

The final draft order turned out to be a perfect Jete scenario.

1. Browns
2. Giants
3. Texans
4. Colts
5. Bears
6. Buccaneers
7. Jete

The Browns and Giants will take Darnold and Rosen, and the next four teams are set at QB. I’m sure the Jete will trade at least three first round picks to move up two slots and draft a second tier QB who will bust.

1. Browns
2. Giants
3. Texans
4. Colts
5. Bears
6. Buccaneers
7. Jete

The Browns and Giants will take Darnold and Rosen, and the next four teams are set at QB. I’m sure the Jete will trade at least three first round picks to move up two slots and draft a second tier QB who will bust.

Think you may be a bit off.

Tankathon | 2018 NFL Draft Order

(The rankings are off too.)

1. Browns
2. Giants
3. Texans
4. Colts
5. Bears
6. Buccaneers
7. Jete

.... and if the Broncos go QB then boom - bam - pow.

1. Browns
2. Giants
3. Texans
4. Colts
5. Bears
6. Buccaneers
7. Jete

I can't figure why the Jete didn't give Quackenbush more reps, especially after McClown went down -- was he injured? Or is he truly that much worse than Pity? The best Jete hope at QB is for McClown to return and somehow find a decent coach to tutor Quackenbush. Then perhaps they can consider tanking next season for a decent rookie prospect.

I can't figure why the Jete didn't give Quackenbush more reps, especially after McClown went down -- was he injured? Or is he truly that much worse than Pity? The best Jete hope at QB is for McClown to return and somehow find a decent coach to tutor Quackenbush. Then perhaps they can consider tanking next season for a decent rookie prospect.

Supposedly they were giving Petty his chance to earn a roster spot next year. I'd imagine Hack is safe one more year at least.

My guess/hope of QB depth chart...
  1. Rookie
  2. Mccown or other vet FA
  3. Hack

Supposedly they were giving Petty his chance to earn a roster spot next year. I'd imagine Hack is safe one more year at least.

My guess/hope of QB depth chart...
  1. Rookie
  2. Mccown or other vet FA
  3. Hack
You'd better pray that McClown comes back ready to lead and once again defy the odds. That is, if you REALLY want to see wins.

Wait a second -- what does any of this have to do with the off-season?

You'd better pray that McClown comes back ready to lead and once again defy the odds. That is, if you REALLY want to see wins.

Wait a second -- what does any of this have to do with the off-season?

QB is a huge part of the off-season.

So many different options. Could go expensive vet too and still have a ton of cap to work with.

I could see the jets taking Lamar Jackson from Louisville with their first round pick.

Has Wilkerson played his last game for the jets?

Has Wilkerson played his last game for the jets?
Yes, definitely. He's been dogging it all year. They haven't played him the last three weeks as an injury guarantees next years salary. He's gone. Haynesworth 2.0.

QB is a huge part of the off-season.

So many different options. Could go expensive vet too and still have a ton of cap to work with.
Your Jete blew it by winning five games, either way: winning less would've put them in position to draft a decent rookie QB. Winning more -- or even just TRYING to win more -- would've set things in the right direction to build on. Compounding the hopelessness is retaining Cro-Magnon and Toilet Bowles. Whatever happens with picks and your team's $100 million boatload of cash will be screwed up, you can count on that. Jete team culture is cluelessly inept and undisciplined. It's not about collecting talent/filling slots. It's about building a team, and your cavalier dismissal of McClown is symptomatic of the shared swampland mindset keeping Jete suckage alive and well.

In all seriousness, I'd like to congratulate the Jets on a fine season. They really progressed from last year's team, a 5-11 team anguished at how their season turned out, to this year's team, a 5-11 team really darn pleased about how their season turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3