PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets expected to pursue Henry [Misleading - source does not say this]

Looking at the TE contracts, Taysum Hill is 12th in the NFL at $10M APY. He has a dead cap this year of $16.9M. That is awful! No wonder the Saints are in massive cap hell.

Henry isn't taking less than $11M.
I don’t know…he will be 30 in 2024. I think 9M APY does the trick.

How many good alternatives are out there? And how many teams are competing to sign them?
I like Pharoah brown, he's a hell of a blocking TE and get open and make plays. However I'm all for re-signing HH

I agree. I think they should a try to re-sign Henry and Brown. Then draft a TE in rounds 4-5.
Absolutely, that's the most logical way to go. I've said that we need to re-sign a majority of our own guys. They won't break the bank. Guys like Jennings, Wilson for example would not be expensive. These guys want to be here and they are big parts of the defense. Especially Jennings the guys a baller just wanted to mention that.

I’m not taking a total pass on 24’, I want them to get better, but I don’t think it’s the right time to go for the big ticket free agents. I don’t have a. problem with your outline for TE overall, as I don’t see Schultz as a signing like Higgins or Chris Jones etc.., I think much of what people want comes down to how they want them to approach the future. Some here seem to want a top free agent QB and WR, which would indicate that they want more immediate results than I do. I want them to get their future QB in this draft, and build around them so that they can possibly make the playoffs and maybe win a game in them in 25’, but be built so that in 26’ and the years following that they are in the class that the Bills,59ers, Eagles, and Lions erc… are in now, where they can compete for Lombardi trophies every season. I don’t believe in one or two year runs, I believe in a model where you are in the tournament every year for long stretches, and win some Lombardi’s as a result. I think there are too many factors that come into play, such as bad breaks and calls, lucky bounces, and key injuries that your best bet to win championships is to always be in the final mix of teams, rather than gambling on a couple of playoff runs. So I want them to build systematically to that. Lay the foundation with good young players and some veteran leaders, add some key players, then get the f” final” pieces to be a true contender, and try to keep the team at that level from there on for a long run. The franchises that go about things in that manner are the consistent contenders imo.
Agree agree agree....not sure how people think we can compete this year. We need to get penei sewell, cj stroud and Lamarr chase type of players to land to us in a single draft year i.e this year - 2024 to sniff a chance .. and can you guess the probability ??? Close to 0.

Best bet play the slow and waiting game and make long term choices. We need to get the barmore and uche type of 3rd year resurgence on offense and that means you give more chances to rookies . This will mean you suck a bit this year and small part next year.

Agree agree agree....not sure how people think we can compete this year. We need to get penei sewell, cj stroud and Lamarr chase type of players to land to us in a single draft year i.e this year - 2024 to sniff a chance .. and can you guess the probability ??? Close to 0.

Best bet play the slow and waiting game and make long term choices. We need to get the barmore and uche type of 3rd year resurgence on offense and that means you give more chances to rookies . This will mean you suck a bit this year and small part next year.
Here's what I see. You have a championship caliber defense already in place. With a middling offense last season we are a playoff team. The NFL is the only sport where teams can go from mediocrity to being a contender in a matter of a season. We all collectively agree getting the QB is first and foremost. We need talent anyway we can get it offensively.. draft, trades, FA whatever the case. As a fan what I'm looking for in 24 is how does the offense look? How does the QB look as the season goes on. I know it's all about the future but we need to see some good things happening in 2024 first.

Discus?
Not the most exciting event.
If you're gonna throw stuff, the
shot put and javelin are both more exciting
Agreed, the Javelin at least is a little scary. It has that could hit someone and take them out aspect to it.

Last edited:
Here's what I see. You have a championship caliber defense already in place. With a middling offense last season we are a playoff team. The NFL is the only sport where teams can go from mediocrity to being a contender in a matter of a season. We all collectively agree getting the QB is first and foremost. We need talent anyway we can get it offensively.. draft, trades, FA whatever the case. As a fan what I'm looking for in 24 is how does the offense look? How does the QB look as the season goes on. I know it's all about the future but we need to see some good things happening in 2024 first.
I hear you but I don't think we can wave a magic wand and get the qb of future. I think the fear everyone has is what if we draft the next zach wilson and next year is also crap. With NIL deals, the number of players staying back in college has increased which means some draft classes could be rank bad and next year is one.

This is a pretty strong class till top 50. So do we trade and get more assets or do we punt on a qb in 3 when we are not too sure.

Discus?
Not the most exciting event.
If you're gonna throw stuff, the
shot put and javelin are both more exciting
GettyImages_158673949.jpg

I hear you but I don't think we can wave a magic wand and get the qb of future. I think the fear everyone has is what if we draft the next zach wilson and next year is also crap. With NIL deals, the number of players staying back in college has increased which means some draft classes could be rank bad and next year is one.

This is a pretty strong class till top 50. So do we trade and get more assets or do we punt on a qb in 3 when we are not too sure.
I hear ya on that. But I'm just looking at it as whole. Kraft is a prideful man. His beloved organization has looked unrecognizable the last few seasons and last season for the franchise this era was rock bottom. In a league where rules are geared towards offense we still could not score. We just need to get the QB.. we get thst right we solve 80 to 90%of the problem, solidify the O line. We had some young guys come in last season and by the end of the season they played well in Mapu, mafi and Sow for example. So identify what you want in the QB and just hope you made te right pick.

If we are not 100% sure how can you take the QB. I think even the ones picking number 1 in draft have that problem.

Let's hope drake maye is our number 1 prospect and he falls to us . If not I would prefer them to drop back collect some more assets and see how things pan out.

We could possibly sign mayfield and evans and trade back the number 3 and build team immediately .

If we are not 100% sure how can you take the QB. I think even the ones picking number 1 in draft have that problem.

Let's hope drake maye is our number 1 prospect and he falls to us . If not I would prefer them to drop back collect some more assets and see how things pan out.

We could possibly sign mayfield and evans and trade back the number 3 and build team immediately .
Baker is staying in Tampa. Evans waiting to see what TB does at QB. Neither one is coming here.

Baker is staying in Tampa. Evans waiting to see what TB does at QB. Neither one is coming here.

And no team is going to win a Lombardi with Baker Mayfield as their QB. The win quickly approach in the worst possible way for this franchise to approach the future. If winning a Lombardi fast so Bob Kraft gets another trophy is their goal then they are truly screwed.

I'd like to see them go for a top QB in free agency rather than gamble on the draft.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back