PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets and Giants being sued to drop "New York" from name

Always thought this was sort of odd. The two teams called "New York ____" don't play in New York, and then there's one team that DOES play in New York but uses its specific city name instead (Buffalo Bills).
For do you know they aren't using the city name just like Buffalo?

The East Rutherford Giants
The East Rutherford Jets
The Orchard Park Bills
The Inglewood Rams
The Inglewood Chargers
The Paradise Raiders
The Arlington Cowboys
The Glendale Cardinals
The Santa Clara 49ers

All the same state. This "grievance" crosses state lines.
So Jete.

This actually isn't the first time this has happened and I think the other instance was relatively recent. Although, I don't disagree...always found it a little odd that teams that claim New York as home don't even play in that state. Although, I don't know if New Jersey is treated like the suburb of New York...that's not a world I know anything about ;)

Edit: apparently it's the same person from the article that came out in January:

Last edited:
when the Giants first moved to NJ, they had it written into their lease that they would remain the New York Giants.

yes, it’s funny, but it is a waste of the court’s time.
What about the Jets?

Good! They play in friggin' New Jersey!

They are a waste of the court's time, too! For any purpose, at any time, in any venue.
I actually used to root for them as an AFC team but then Parcells decided to conspire with them during our 2nd SB run. The Jets and Tuna both sleep with the fishes now.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back