PatsFans.com
Search

Jets and Giants being sued to drop "New York" from name

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
So while I do love this, you have to be a special kind of Jets or Gintz fan if you think you're going out to Shea or the Polo Grounds to see them... still fun

XLIX

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
This was news some time ago, and remains a bad joke to this day. Ironically, despite playing across state lines, the Jets and Giants stadium is a lot closer to their representative city than an awful lot of other NFL teams. The Cowboys, 49ers and perhaps someday soon the Bears all have a hike to get to the game from the city.

Plus, how can you be an "avid football fan" and not realize the Giants play in East Rutherford, NJ...? I mean, it isn't like they just moved there; they've been in the Meadowlands complex (just down the street from Mazur's Bakery) since the 70's (and the Jets since the 80's).

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Always thought this was sort of odd. The two teams called "New York ____" don't play in New York, and then there's one team that DOES play in New York but uses its specific city name instead (Buffalo Bills).

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
when the Giants first moved to NJ, they had it written into their lease that they would remain the New York Giants.

yes, it’s funny, but it is a waste of the court’s time.

• Interesting
Reactions: Ian

Actual Pats Fan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
So while I do love this, you have to be a special kind of Jets or Gintz fan if you think you're going out to Shea or the Polo Grounds to see them... still fun
The East Rutherford Giants
The East Rutherford Jets
The Orchard Park Bills
The Inglewood Rams
The Inglewood Chargers
The Paradise Raiders
The Arlington Cowboys
The Glendale Cardinals
The Santa Clara 49ers