PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets and Giants being sued to drop "New York" from name

So while I do love this, you have to be a special kind of Jets or Gintz fan if you think you're going out to Shea or the Polo Grounds to see them... still fun

This was news some time ago, and remains a bad joke to this day. Ironically, despite playing across state lines, the Jets and Giants stadium is a lot closer to their representative city than an awful lot of other NFL teams. The Cowboys, 49ers and perhaps someday soon the Bears all have a hike to get to the game from the city.

Plus, how can you be an "avid football fan" and not realize the Giants play in East Rutherford, NJ...? I mean, it isn't like they just moved there; they've been in the Meadowlands complex (just down the street from Mazur's Bakery) since the 70's (and the Jets since the 80's).

Barring some tragic circumstance, that'd be just about the single most anticlimactic way to get a perfect season.
No the exact opposite. The Patriots were generally aware of the Jets and Giants not actually being in New York and are therefore being stripped of their 1st rd draft pick

Always thought this was sort of odd. The two teams called "New York ____" don't play in New York, and then there's one team that DOES play in New York but uses its specific city name instead (Buffalo Bills).

when the Giants first moved to NJ, they had it written into their lease that they would remain the New York Giants.

yes, it’s funny, but it is a waste of the court’s time.

• Interesting
Reactions: Ian
Dumb

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Always thought this was sort of odd. The two teams called "New York ____" don't play in New York, and then there's one team that DOES play in New York but uses its specific city name instead (Buffalo Bills).
The Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim Who Play Near Disneyland Park Ah Whatever

If I lived in New York, I wouldn't want the Jets representing my city. They're an embarrassment.

So while I do love this, you have to be a special kind of Jets or Gintz fan if you think you're going out to Shea or the Polo Grounds to see them... still fun
The East Rutherford Giants
The East Rutherford Jets
The Orchard Park Bills
The Inglewood Rams
The Inglewood Chargers
The Paradise Raiders
The Arlington Cowboys
The Glendale Cardinals
The Santa Clara 49ers

More dead bodies than Lake Mead Meadowlands Jete. Appropriate in more than one way.

The East Rutherford Giants
The East Rutherford Jets
The Orchard Park Bills
The Inglewood Rams
The Inglewood Chargers
The Paradise Raiders
The Arlington Cowboys
The Glendale Cardinals
The Santa Clara 49ers
The Foxboro Patriots

The Foxboro Patriots
I didn't include Carolina or Minnesota because they represent large regions (states, in this case)

Lots of crossover when you get to borders, like Philly/Balt/Wash., etc.

But lots of NY fans in Western CT

The jersey stank jete!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots