PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets alerted Refs to look for Illegal FG Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
From bruschi's chat

I don't blame the jets for alerting the refs and trying to gain an edge. That's the gamesmanship of football that BB engages in all the time.

What Tedy says describes the problem I have. It's friggin unheard of to trot out a new rule in week 7 of the season in OT of a game on a game deciding play, a penalty that literally has never been called before, one that arguably has been broken numerous times prior, one that appeared to have confusion surrounding its interpretation. You do NOT make this new call at this point, period! This is a case of refs making a conscious decision to decide the outcome of the game simply to appease an NFL directive. The NFL should never allow this to happen. The NFL should have sent memos to each team/HC emphasizing the rule and that it will be called -- that is the spirit and letter of fair competition as opposed to calling this new rule for the first time in OT on a game deciding play under these circumstances. Absolutely atrocious.

That doesn't make it any easier...to lose a game because the refs took it away is BS. That pushing crao was going on in every game across teh league, including ours, and was also done by the Jets(as already evidenced in this very thread). How can you not be enraged by the fact that they chose to call it then? Its bush league period. I don't care about a loss to a crap team we should have beat anyway, its the principal of how it all went down that bothers me. I am 90% positive that if the call was not made, Brady would have gotten a first down and we would have kicked the game winning FG...no matter how terribly we played in the second half, we didn't deserve that BS.

Maybe had our team pulled their heads out of their ***** halfway through the 3rd quarter, and kept the lead, we wouldn't have had to worry about this BS penalty... :rolleyes:

But no, of course it's the Jet's 'cheating' and the refs rigging the game, that cost us the win.... :rolleyes:

You sound just like the Saints fans from last week

So, we can reasonably assume that if the Jets had never alerted the refs, this penalty would still be waiting to be called the first time league-wide?

Clearly, it's a nefarious offense.

Maybe had our team pulled their heads out of their ***** halfway through the 3rd quarter, and kept the lead, we wouldn't have had to worry about this BS penalty... :rolleyes:

But no, of course it's the Jet's 'cheating' and the refs rigging the game, that cost us the win.... :rolleyes:

it wasn't cheating and the Saints fans had a point last week.....There was a blatant off sides against NE that was actually called as a False Start against the Saints...

We got very lucky and this was payback....but the timing of it was BS period. Disagree all you want, you will never ever ever ever convince me other wise. No need to even try.

If anyone can find the link to the story, please post it. I just got the alert on my phone and am not surprised. LOL - whiny little ******es...I expect nothing less...they needed a call like that to win, no biggie...they know they didn't earn a W, they stole it. We know it, they know it, that is all. TBH, we should have had them in the bag long before OT anyway - our fault...

funny how they do the exact same thing (along with every other team). Now we know why it was suddenly called.

Actually, the Jets outplayed the Pats and if not for a dive and a hideous OPI call in the EZ the game would have been decided a lot earlier.

The rule is the rule and it was called as it should have been called. The real whining started when Belichick had to be taught the rule

watch Video, the Jets did the same thing while Gostkowski was kicking. Pot - meet Kettle.

The New York Rats

Even more egregious was how they lined up on the snapper. That's illegal.

Actually, the Jets outplayed the Pats and if not for a dive and a hideous OPI call in the EZ the game would have been decided a lot earlier.

The rule is the rule and it was called as it should have been called. The real whining started when Belichick had to be taught the rule

Thank you for your interest in Patriot football.

it wasn't cheating and the Saints fans had a point last week.....There was a blatant off sides against NE that was actually called as a False Start against the Saints...

We got very lucky and this was payback....but the timing of it was BS period. Disagree all you want, you will never ever ever ever convince me other wise. No need to even try.

I'm scratching my head here. First, it wasn't blatant because our guy got back just as the OL moved. That's a 50/50 call. I'm assuming you're aware that that call is NOT based upon who moves first but rather it's based on WHEN the OL reacts to it. 50/50 at best.

But, there were plenty of bad calls during the game against the Patriots. You didn't need to go back to last week for a false start.

Punched any women in the face lately?

Yes, they did outplay the Patriots in some ways yesterday but needed a penalty call to do something they couldn't do themselves, seal the deal.

And the OPI in the end zone was the right call. Perhaps you could look at it again, take off your Jets homer glasses, and clearly see a push off, arms extended, by the Jets receiver. There is no question at all about that penalty.

If this story is true, then the Jets are smarter than we had previously thought.

But the evidence is that they were completely mystified by the flag and had no idea what the call was about or if it might be either for them or against them,

so based on this I think that this story is completely false and the Jets are indeed bumbling morons who happened to get very lucky this time.

Yes, they did outplay the Patriots in some ways yesterday but needed a penalty call to do something they couldn't do themselves, seal the deal.

And the OPI in the end zone was the right call. Perhaps you could look at it again, take off your Jets homer glasses, and clearly see a push off, arms extended, by the Jets receiver. There is no question at all about that penalty.

Jets homer glasses?

What possibly makes you sure the Pats would have won without the call?

The Jets owned every stat advantage, don't make it out that they needed help. They won the game, the homers are the ones crying that a win was taken away.

Rats gonna rat.

Jets homer glasses?

What possibly makes you sure the Pats would have won without the call?

The Jets owned every stat advantage, don't make it out that they needed help. They won the game, the homers are the ones crying that a win was taken away.

what we do know is that without that call the patriots have the ball at close to the 40 yard mark, and 4 downs to work with to get into field goal range. instead that call gave the jets 4 new downs, 15 yards and the ability to essentially take 3 knees and kick a chip shot field goal.

Basically the jets knew the penalty was going to get called because they *****ed and moaned about it in typical jet fashion kicked a field goal on the outer reaches of their kickers range with the knowledge that 1.) if it goes in they win, and 2.) if it misses at least they refs are going to call this penalty.

It's a bs rule called at a BS time, a rule no NFL fan even knew about before yesterdays game. a Rule so poorly thought out and explained that even the NFL.com Explanation of the rule had to be changed. More then likely when they explained it to the patriots they used the definition that no longer exists.

Are pats suppose to blow out everyone each week? What if at the end of super bowl 39 there was a bogus pass interference call on the game sealing Bruschi interception and the eagles end up winning the game? Does that mean we didn't deserve it then?

what we do know is that without that call the patriots have the ball at close to the 40 yard mark, and 4 downs to work with to get into field goal range. instead that call gave the jets 4 new downs, 15 yards and the ability to essentially take 3 knees and kick a chip shot field goal.

Basically the jets knew the penalty was going to get called because they *****ed and moaned about it in typical jet fashion kicked a field goal on the outer reaches of their kickers range with the knowledge that 1.) if it goes in they win, and 2.) if it misses at least they refs are going to call this penalty.

It's a bs rule called at a BS time, a rule no NFL fan even knew about before yesterdays game.

Not getting why anyone is so sure the Pats would move into FG position as if it were a given. The game didn't say that.

Given that Rex admitted he didn't know who was flagged, highly unlikely that they alerted anyone.

I didn't know the tuck rule but I argued a rule is a rule and the call was right.

I didn't know the tuck rule but I argued a rule is a rule and the call was right.

The tuck rule was called 15-20 times per year, both before and after the Oakland-NE call, according to Mike Pereira, so the efforts to lump a call make ~200 times over a decade to a call made once is more than a little goofy.

If this story is true, then the Jets are smarter than we had previously thought.

But the evidence is that they were completely mystified by the flag and had no idea what the call was about or if it might be either for them or against them,

so based on this I think that this story is completely false and the Jets are indeed bumbling morons who happened to get very lucky this time.

This is my take. Someone is yanking Breer's chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back