PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jests for sale: next Eric Decker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does deliberately tanking an NFL season constitute violating the integrity of the league??..

quite an effort to be able to write “integrity of the league“ in its entirety ..
oh, wait..

JETE: Striving to be the Browns

The Jete are 7 titles short of the Browns, the 2nd winningest team in NYFL history. They have a long way to go.

The Jete are 7 titles short of the Browns, the 2nd winningest team in NYFL history. They have a long way to go.
Actually the browns only have 4 NFL championships. But I meant striving to be the current browns franchise not the one that moved to Baltimore.

Does deliberately tanking an NFL season constitute violating the integrity of the league??..

Suck for Luck would qualify as deliberately tanking. The NYFL and Fraudger didn't seem to care then so I doubt they would now if one of 'their' teams did it.

I think I would enjoy seeing the Jest lose all of their games, especially knowing that their fans would be lapping up that losing strategy.

Actually the browns only have 4 NFL championships. But I meant striving to be the current browns franchise not the one that moved to Baltimore.

If you want to add the Ravens to the Browns from 1996 then we can. That would be 8-4+2=6 titles.
Whether you're using 4 titles, 6 titles or 8 titles, the Jest still have a long way to go. I think we can agree on that.

Decker might have been overpaid, but he wasn't such a bad signing by them despite the injuries last season.
IMO....Decker was the straw that stirred the drink with regards to the Jets offense when he was healthy.
Ryan Fitzpatrick's production was certainly elevated when Decker was on the field ....31 TDs in 2015....targeting Decker 131 times including 12 TDs that year.
When Decker went down early last year, it was clear to me Fitzpatrick would revert to the AAAA level QB we are used to seeing.
For the Jets and who they had to deliver the football....Decker was a great signing.
One can question Decker's motives and passion for the game given his team choice based on his wife's career....but the production was there.
In my mind , Chris Hogan is the poor man's Eric Decker.
Casting aside Decker's rookie year and injured 2016, Decker has averaged close to 10 TDs in those middle 5 seasons and has proven to be a big target and an elite red zone threat.

Eh, not good enough to make our roster. OTOH, Jets just lost one of their best players.

Eh, not good enough to make our roster. OTOH, Jets just lost one of their best players.

???

He'd be the WR2 or WR3 on this team, if he's not lost too much of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore