PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo favourite for Houston gig?

It's amazing that a game that's predominately made up of black players has so few black coaches and one of the few was just fired in Miami. Why he was fired is an unsolved mystery.

Are there any black owners? There might not be any.

Good luck to Mayo in his quest to become a HC.

It's amazing that a game that's predominately made up of black players has so few black coaches and one of the few was just fired in Miami. Why he was fired is an unsolved mystery.

Matt Nagy got fired with a winning record (and 2 playoff appearances) and people are acting like the Bears just rid themselves of the worst coach in NFL history.

Flores got fired with a losing record (and 0 playoff appearances) and people are acting like it's an unfathomable travesty.

It’s amazing in today’s game you can be a position coach for 5 minutes then gets a HC gig for no reason.

It sure looks like there’s way less coaching stability now then there was 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Are there any black owners? There might not be any.

Good luck to Mayo in his quest to become a HC.

Mayo is neither ready nor qualified, so don't make this into something it's not.

Besides, Flo is getting this gig anyway, so your point is even less valid.

It’s amazing in today’s game you can be a position coach for 5 minutes then gets a HC gig for no reason.

It sure looks like there’s way less coaching stability now then there was 20 years ago.
Since McVay every team is trying to look for the next great young HC.

Let's hope he is the favourite. We need as many picks as we can get.

......one of the few was just fired in Miami. Why he was fired is an unsolved mystery.
Flores said vicious awful things to Tua and it was very hurtful.
Legal action is possible according to this audio...

I don't mind an overhaul of our defensive coaches room. If we get picks out of it then great.

I wonder if there's a chance Patricia is made DC again or if he remains in his mysterious-maybe-Ernie-Adams-but-who-knows role.

This would qualify us for a third round pick in this draft and next if he’s hired?
Yes. (The wording applies to any coach hired as an HC, not just a coordinator.)

I don't mind an overhaul of our defensive coaches room. If we get picks out of it then great.

I wonder if there's a chance Patricia is made DC again or if he remains in his mysterious-maybe-Ernie-Adams-but-who-knows role.
Patricia isn't the answer, either.

Matt Nagy got fired with a winning record (and 2 playoff appearances) and people are acting like the Bears just rid themselves of the worst coach in NFL history.

Flores got fired with a losing record (and 0 playoff appearances) and people are acting like it's an unfathomable travesty.
Nagy got fired because he completely misused Justin Fields.

Justin Fields was drafted to be the face of the franchise and be a Lamar Jackson like QB.

Nagy was trying to use him like a pocket passer to terrible results.

On designed plays where Fields was able to roll out of the pocket and use his running threat he was successful. The problem was they rarely ran plays like that under Nagy.

Nagy was not a good fit with Justin Fields. They need a HC that will build an offense to work Fields, like Harbaugh did with Jackson.

Steve needs to go, but sometimes you have to give credit to the offense.

Allen played a perfect game and was unstoppable. After that first TD pass he threw I knew the Pats would get smoked because Allen was playing like a man possessed.

There is nothing a defense can do when a QB is throwing perfectly timed passes into tight windows.

I don't see Allen keeping that level play up the rest of the postseason, but if he does the Bill's will win the superbowl

Nagy got fired because he completely misused Justin Fields.

Justin Fields was drafted to be the face of the franchise and be a Lamar Jackson like QB.

Nagy was trying to use him like a pocket passer to terrible results.

On designed plays where Fields was able to roll out of the pocket and use his running threat he was successful. The problem was they rarely ran plays like that under Nagy.

Nagy was not a good fit with Justin Fields. They need a HC that will build an offense to work Fields, like Harbaugh did with Jackson.
At Ohio State, Fields was a pocket passer.

If the next coach thinks he's more like Lamar Jackson, he's an idiot. I mean, at OSU, Fields ran it fewer times that PSU's slow QB Clifford.

At Ohio State, Fields was a pocket passer.

If the next coach thinks he's more like Lamar Jackson, he's an idiot. I mean, at OSU, Fields ran it fewer times that PSU's slow QB

Being a pocket passer in college is not even close to the same as being a pro pocket passer.

Fields struggled greatly from the pocket but excelled outside with designed roll out plays.

Flores said vicious awful things to Tua and it was very hurtful.
Legal action is possible according to this audio...

This one's still my flavorite:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back