PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not confident in this kid's ability to pull his shiznit together.

So, I watched his highlights and got a chubby after seeing long-bomb-TD one after another...exactly what our O needs.

BUT, I then I started reading up on this guy and seems like the exact opposite of a BB type guy... Football is clearly not THAT important to him, not a "team first" player, effort is not always there. Hard to imagine he sticks around on Pats purely because of attitude.. unless he seriously changes his attitude.

Maybe I am wrong - apparently, he was kicked off the team by his first coaching staff, allowed back on the team by the new coach, only to be suspended again... Didnt put in any effort at combine etc... Just reaks of an absolute crap attitude, a guy that has skated through life because of god-given athleticism.

BB seems to prefer guys that might be a little less athletic but very coachable, responsible, care about football, work hard etc.. but hope I am wrong because this kid has serious talent.

So, I watched his highlights and got a chubby after seeing long-bomb-TD one after another...exactly what our O needs.

BUT, I then I started reading up on this guy and seems like the exact opposite of a BB type guy... Football is clearly not THAT important to him, not a "team first" player, effort is not always there. Hard to imagine he sticks around on Pats purely because of attitude.. unless he seriously changes his attitude.

Maybe I am wrong - apparently, he was kicked off the team by his first coaching staff, allowed back on the team by the new coach, only to be suspended again... Didnt put in any effort at combine etc... Just reaks of an absolute crap attitude, a guy that has skated through life because of god-given athleticism.

BB seems to prefer guys that might be a little less athletic but very coachable, responsible, care about football, work hard etc.. but hope I am wrong because this kid has serious talent.

All this sounds right. However, the patriots have decided to give him a chance. We weren't forced to sign him.

I read that his 4.45 was considered 'lackadaisical' by people who knew him and basically that he should have run much higher but just didn't care. Wish I could run a 'lackadaisical' 4.45.

I wish I could run a lackadaisical 44.5!

I mean, if Tyreek Hill is any indication, the ****tier a speedster receiver is as a person, the better they are as a football player. Thomas isn't a bad guy like Hill, but there's promise there.

Wonder if this kid has another plan to earn $480,000 this year?

A small but very fast Miami receiver wearing #4? Sounds like Dorsett.

From what I can tell it's not criminal stuff, just arguing with coaches constantly, not respecting coaches authority etc.
So you're saying I shouldn't get attached to this guy.

giphy.gif

This doesn't bother me. Either he'll shape up or he won't. I was more worried about criminality and drugs.

This doesn't bother me. Either he'll shape up or he won't. I was more worried about criminality and drugs.
That's kinda how I see it.

Wonder if this kid has another plan to earn $480,000 this year?
Out of Miami that could be chump change, depending on what he’s dealing.

He should've been drafted on talent alone. Off-field/character concerns bumped him off the draft. He has easy burst and acceleration. Definitely looks like he runs faster than combine watch. That punt return where he dove with his heel still on the 5 yard line into the end zone was pretty sick. Good luck to you kid. Hope you straighten yourself out.

This is my favorite UDFA signing. Kid is lightning quick, a decent route runner for a college prospect, and can move through traffic well. Unfortunately, he has off the field issues and his dedication to football may be a question mark. But there is literally no risk here. Bring him in, see if you can get through to him, and if you do, you have a burner that can compete immediately for snaps in the slot. If you don’t and he starts creating waves, cut him.

All this sounds right. However, the patriots have decided to give him a chance. We weren't forced to sign him.

Absolutely. And he is worth a shot. I am just shellshocked from 2019 where we had our #1-2 most talented receivers (Gordon/Brown) leave us in a pretty bad spot because of off-field issues.

Now, he would be a #4-6 type of option for us probably taking a spot from Gunner/Meyers so its not entirely similar to Brown/Gordon.

I am not confident in this kid's ability to pull his shiznit together.
Not saying everyone needs to be perfect, but since the whole AH debacle (kind way of putting it, I suppose), seems like NE picks are often team captains and such. And I liked it.

All I care about is winning. I know people on here will reference « less than nice players » that have contributed to winning. But, too often, these types of players are just too unreliable and I can’t be bothered with depending on them...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey