PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe: Pats in market for a WR and TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. This is a OTC website screen grab that I sent to some friends about Sanu’s contract/cap hits yesterday morning.

View attachment 24829

And this is what is currently posted:

View attachment 24830

Something seems to have happened over the past 24 hours. Miguel....little help here, please.

?

I dont get your point. What has happened ?

He got traded and the current contract shows the prorated amount for however many weeks are left in this season (3.5m).

?

I dont get your point. What has happened ?

He got traded and the current contract shows the prorated amount for however many weeks are left in this season (3.5m).

The 2019 prorated number makes sense to be and that’s what I figured but Fowler’s tweet suggests otherwise because the Pats didn’t have 3.77 million in cap space (assuming that is the prorated amount) to cover Sanu, let alone Sanu and Bethel. Fowler’s tweet suggests that Mason’s restructure wasn’t needed for Sanu.

I was more confused about the 1.4 million drop in the 2020 cap charge but then I remembered that this likely represents the last bonus payment money that the Falcons owed, after spreading the bonus out over the length of the contract.

sounds like bb is still on the hunt for a trade.

Interesting. This is a OTC website screen grab that I sent to some friends about Sanu’s contract/cap hits yesterday morning.

View attachment 24829

And this is what is currently posted:

View attachment 24830

Something seems to have happened over the past 24 hours. Miguel....little help here, please.

Players have gtd money and salary (sometimes gtd or not)

All gtd money stays with ATL

Let's see you first pic:

Cap number 7,650,000

Dead Money 2,800,000 2020 (gtd money)
Dead Money 1,400,000 20201 (gtd money)

That means 1,400,000 signing bonus each year, correct?

How many games the NFL season have 16 + bye (players are paid) SO 17

SO,

Base Salary is

-

=

Probably another 250k gtd money

So

/

=

x

=

Hooper Allen or Diggs please.
I wouldn't hate a Chris Conley trade.

I’m not giving up entirely on a tight end acquisition. It’s interesting that they released their new blocking tight end despite the fact that Izzo and Lacosse both seem unlikely to play it on Sunday. Maybe they will bring him back to fill the open roster spot. Right now Watson is the only tight end who is practicing, with a game coming up that is likely to be played in the rain.

Will BB make a late offer for Cooper or Howard that can’t be refused?

Right now Watson is the only tight end who is practicing, with a game coming up that is likely to be played in the rain.

Guess we will hold on to him one more week to get through the Browns game.

Maybe we still swing a trade for a TE and release Tomlinson.

Harry was not setting the world on fire in preseason. He has not played a single regular

I think you mean camp, Harry barely played in the preseason. Even then, he made two terrific plays that showed off the physical skills that made him so attractive.

As for camp, the struggles there were overblown. It was mostly mental, which is not that much of a surprise for a rookie. Even then, there would always be a play or two that jumped off the field to bystanders. Presuming he's grasped the offense - a safe assumption, IMO, given his activation and Gordon's departure - I think there is plenty of reason to be optimistic about Harry.

What about Bennett and a first for Howard a 3rd and a 5th
Then the Patriots give a conditional third back to Tampa in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes