PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaylen Smith to miss the 2016 season (how far will he fall?)

I expect BB to continue drafting players with possible career ending injuries. Just like he will also
draft Navy players who may not be permitted to play and will continue kicking onside kicks when he is
up by 14 points. BB is like Kevin Costner in "Tin Cup".

I'd seen some tweets yesterday saying Smith was still expected to be gone by the end of day 2 if not round 2. Maybe the medical isn't that bad on him?

He should for sure fall out of the top 4 rounds IMO.

He is pretty badly hurt.

It is not clear he is coming back at all. It is not clear if he does come back how effective he will be. It is not clear if he is effect that he will ever be as good as he could be. It is not clear even if he comes back as good as ever that this injury won't cause problems again and ruin that.

A lot of ifs and maybes.

I expect BB to continue drafting players with possible career ending injuries. Just like he will also
draft Navy players who may not be permitted to play and will continue kicking onside kicks when he is

Hopefully this weekend he'll be like Kevin Costner on Draft Day. Still, would rather he didn't trade three first rounders, just in case he doesn't find a mug GM like Costner did..Al Davis is gone right?

Last edited:

He's like Kevin Costner in Tin Cup if Kevin had first hit the jackpot on Rob Gronkowski.

Ha, wrong

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back