PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason La Canfora: Revis return to Patriots looking increasingly likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing on a vet minimum deal and earning his second ring would sure alter the narrative on the guy, ensure HOF voters won't TO him on the first vote.
Cunning Revis

You know how these stories get started?. La Confora is talking to some personnel guy one day, and casually asks him, "where do you think Revis will wind up".

The personnel guy has absolutely no idea where he'll end up, but like most of us he's thought that NE could be a spot. Posters here have been taling about it on and off, since the day he was released.

The guy also has heard all the talk about Butler leaving. If that's true it makes sense for a few reasons, so he replies just as casually, "NE seems like a good spot".

La Confora then takes this quote, embellishes it a bit with the inocuous phrase "increasingly likely", and the next thing you know he the beneficiary of thousands of clicks, calls from talk shows to discuss this move, and even a few TV appearences. And oh by the way, a few threads on Patriot fan boards. ;).

So for almost no work, Jason LaConfora has already had a REALLY good day. Who knows how long it will be before Revis coming to NE will be reported as fact. :rolleyes:

Not to sound like Trent Dilfer but "Revis just isn't good anymore" right?

Seems odd that there'd be any interest. He's too old/slow to be an effective corner, but we're already solid at safety too. I don't get it, but what do I know?

You mean you can't wait for Revis to underperform in the postseason and ride Brady and Bill's coattails to another SB.
I would accept that as well, I'm not picky!

Well he gets $6 million for sitting home paid for by Mr. Johnson, so a $1 million contract means he gets $6 million, 5 of which are paid for by the Jets....
the way in understand it, he gets $6M unless he signs contract w/ diff team...if he signs a contract the $6M dissapears from the jets regardless how much new contract is for

My on field take:

He was #1 in the NFL in comp pct. against and top 10 passer rating against in 2015. If you get him on a weight loss program, he could be the best version of Dennard/Browner/Ryan in our system.

He said he's already lost ten pounds and hired a new trainer.

Ex-Jets star Darrelle Revis sees assault charges dropped

"Revis, meanwhile, said his hunger to play the game is “definitely” still there, adding that he has lost 10 pounds since last year. He’s working with a new trainer and has changed his nutrition plan."

the way in understand it, he gets $6M unless he signs contract w/ diff team...if he signs a contract the $6M dissapears from the jets regardless how much new contract is for
Huh? What kind of magical dead money is that?

Not to sound like Trent Dilfer but "Revis just isn't good anymore" right?

Seems odd that there'd be any interest. He's too old/slow to be an effective corner, but we're already solid at safety too. I don't get it, but what do I know?

He had a very bad year after getting fat and happy. It would be up to BB to assess the likelihood of there being improvement if Revis rededicates himself to the game. My guess is that he'd be an upgrade over most of the current CBs.

I wouldn't put much stock in anything reported by La Canfora.

If bill still thinks he can play then whatever.

Can't be worse than some of the DBs we've had over the years

By "DB" do you.mean defensive back or douchebag?

:rolleyes:

A cheap, in shape and motivated Revis would be great. I think him being lazy because he was playing for a loser was a big part of his decline last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft