PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White gets a 3 year contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am interested to see how all of the pieces fit this year. They seem more interchangeable than what we've been used to.

Balance has been great lately. You still have variations but all of them are "football players" if you know what I mean, do-anything, just-put-me-in guys. Of course they are though, beggars can't be choosers. And you're not calling the shots on a BB team... especially if you're a humble role-player in the run game.

I'll be happy if somehow we keep Blount around, and see whether he still gets that 1 yard Marshawn couldn't be trusted to get. (or 3 or 5 or 8). Pats are signaling "we think you're on the back 9 b/c of end of season." Also James White just suddenly raises up and becomes football jesus... somehow "who gets 300 carries now" becomes an interesting question. The answer of course is nobody... no ONE body. Unless giving White the rock 300 times turns him into Priest Holmes from 10 years ago.

Oh who am I kidding, who the hell knows. Bill get some more super bowls, we'll watch.

I thought this was strange given bill letting woodhead, vereen go.

BUT what white has over vereen and lewis is durability. He hasnt missed a game from what I remember. And we saw what happened when brady only had bolden as his 3rd down back in 2013 woth vereen out

IIRC, Woodhead signed with the Chargers for the same money as the Pats were offering and that Woodhead himself said at the time that the Chargers were offering something that the Pats couldn't/wouldn't - more playing time.

In 2013, Bolden clearly wasn't capable of making the contributions that Vereen could have if he'd been helthy. But Bolden wasn't horrible, either.

Gillislee offer not matched by Bills... and I dunno how Blount stays now, unless he gets no takers *and* nobody stinks it up in camp... I guess you could carry all of them (burkhead, gill, neon dion, football Jesus White, Blount)... get some guys involved on ST? Waste of talent.

Note to self... don't score 18 TDs in NE.

Guess you need volume to soak up 300 carries. In fact 300 carries isn't optimal for a team used to a committee. But damn.

A couple of moves, and Blount is all but declared a vulture back... which folks here figure he is anyway.

"Yeah we think we can use you at the goal line and on 3rd down, long as you're healthy and there's roster room..."

And still no nibbles out there for Blount? Or did I miss it?

Gillislee offer not matched by Bills... and I dunno how Blount stays now, unless he gets no takers *and* nobody stinks it up in camp... I guess you could carry all of them (burkhead, gill, neon dion, football Jesus White, Blount)... get some guys involved on ST? Waste of talent.

Note to self... don't score 18 TDs in NE.

Guess you need volume to soak up 300 carries. In fact 300 carries isn't optimal for a team used to a committee. But damn.

A couple of moves, and Blount is all but declared a vulture back... which folks here figure he is anyway.

"Yeah we think we can use you at the goal line and on 3rd down, long as you're healthy and there's roster room..."

And still no nibbles out there for Blount? Or did I miss it?
I'm sure Oakland GB and Possibly Indy and Baltimore could put a call out to him.
I heard a rumor even Denver but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST