James White gets a 3 year contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score

Reason to post this:

td_swry6u.gif

Day of big news continues. Great news actually. Wonder what this means for Dion Lewis.

Last edited:
In the beginning of the FA, all of our RBs were in the last year of their contracts

Now we have 3 signed through 2018 at least (considering Gillelsee is coming). edit - my bad, Burkhead is not signed through 2018, so it's only 2 RB.

Last edited:
In the beginning of the FA, all of our RBs were in the last year of their contracts

Now we have 3 signed through 2018 at least (considering Gillelsee is coming).

Who's the 3rd. Gillislee, White and...? I wonder if you think Burkhead is. Unfortunately, at least for now, he isn't. DJ Foster is however.

I'm believing more now the theory that Lewis could be included in a Butler trade to NOLA.

BB bucking his trend again? He let Woodhead & Vereen go but kept White.

Good to have sweet feet back.

Lewis won't go anywhere, this season he will be a year removed from tearing acl, I expect Lewis to return to '15 form if not as close to it as ever this season

It was so nice of Bill to leave us with only beating the dead horses of trading Garrapolo and Butler as news for most of the off season and then give us a boatload to talk about a week before the draft.:rolleyes::D

Loving it. But, count me among the "surprised". Not because I don't want White, quite the contrary, but I understood BB's usual way : keep the "3rd down back" for the rookie deal & move on.

BB never ceases to amaze. I love this signing.

WOW, this one surprises me. I wonder how much it is for? I was actually wondering today, if they could get a 2nd rounder for him, since his value is never going to get higher than right now.

Evidently they decided to make him the next Kevin Faulk, without the running ability. He can obviously catch the ball, and has made himself into a very good pass blocker. He's just ANOTHER Patriot player who has made himself a long Patriot career by become a "dependable" player. Good for him. I am happy he made me wrong over and over again last season. ;)

And the day of good news out of Foxboro continues.

Bear in mind this was the guy they thought showed LaDanian Tomlinson signs in his first pre-pad workouts. Maybe they think there's still more to come from him.
Dont get Crazy Manx hahahaha

So if Gillislee signs, I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion they're not drafting a RB. That's a hot take btw :)

Unless, of course, they draft Joe Mixon at 32 just for the shock value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft